- Citrix Workspace app is the easy-to-install client software that provides seamless, secure access to everything you need to get work done. With this free download, you easily and securely get instant access to all applications, desktops and data from any device, including smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
- Citrix Receiver for Mac product software. Citrix Workspace App Workspace app for Mac Subscribe to RSS notifications of new downloads.
Citrix Workspace App for Mac and Linux fail to Redirect Local printer to Citrix Sessions. Client printers on Mac and Linux clients fail to be created in XenApp and XenDesktop sessions running on Windows 10, Server 2012 R2 when configured to use the Citrix Universal Printer Driver (UPD).
Files related to Citrix Workspace App are present in '/Applications/Citrix Workspace.app' and '/Library/Application Support/Citrix Receiver'. After uninstallation process If any files are present in the above mentioned paths you can delete them from Finder App.
- Citrix Workspace App
Citrix Workspace App Macbook
How it all works
The role of a driver for printing is very crucial for printing in Citrix Workspace app for Mac. After installing the driver, you should be able to print directly from Citrix Workspace app on Mac. The Workspace app is transparent to the driver. It gets the postscript data from VDA and forwards it to the available printers without altering the data or settings.
In this example, we have simulated the same core printing APIs used in Citrix Workspace app for Mac. Use the sample, select a file, and print. If this sample is able to print, then Citrix Workspace app on Mac will most probably be able to use your printer.
Prerequisites and scope
VDA 'HP LaserJet PS 2800' drivers signed by Microsoft is required for client printer redirection on Citrix Workspace app on Mac.
What is supported
Citrix Workforce Download
- Standalone scanners.
- Dedicated virtual channel for printing. For more information, see https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX137939 and https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/printing.html
- UPD postscript printer drivers, provided the following conditions are met :
- The printer driver is installed on the macOS client.
- Core printing on macOS can work with the vendor-provided driver successfully.
- Changes in macOS impact the printing behavior (core printing APIs on macOS). Core Printing APIs have not been updated lately and might be prone to errors. For example, we had issues with double-sided printing on Catalina, which were resolved in Big Sur.
What is not supported
- Multi-function scanners. A multifunction is a composite device that has more than one interface.
- USB device splitting feature in GUSB virtual channel. Citrix Workspace app on Mac does not have the capability to differentiate between different interfaces of a composite device. This problem is not limited to our app, but printing on macOS in general. For more information, see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5244577. On some printers, when printed from a session in Citrix Workspace app on Mac, printing is always either duplex or single sided depending on the printer. It ignores the Duplex/Single-sided settings issued from the VDA. This is a limitation on the macOS. When using the core printing Apple framework, macOS printing is being overridden by the printing settings in the CUPS printing system. This is a new behavior on the macOS 10.15 (Catalina) onwards. As a workaround, change the settings in CUPS printing system on macOS. You have to manually set the Duplex/Single-sided settings on CUPS.
- Printer redirection through third party drivers.
External dependencies for printing (Apple/HP)
Workspace App 2002 For Mac - Citrix
- macOS drivers for creating the print job.
- Print support for macOS is very fragile as we depend on HP driver on VDA, explicitly signed by Microsoft. This is a limitation for compatibility with macOS.
- On VDA 'HP LaserJet PS 2800 (Microsoft)' drivers signed by Microsoft is mandatorily required for client printer redirection on macOS.
- macOS default: https://www.howtogeek.com/309677/how-to-stop-two-side-printing-from-being-the-default-in-macos/ workaround may be used to change settings in the CUPS daemon.