There are several different versions of the Toyota Supra sports car available. The difference between these versions has to do with the transmission. One popular Toyota Supra model has a V160 transmission, which was developed by Getrag Gmbh Germany.
V160 6-speed manual transmission (GETRAG 233) - Complete Assembly V160 6-speed manual transmission (GETRAG 233) - Complete Assembly / Loading Gesamtgetriebegeschnitten1.jpg. TOYOTA SUPRA RZ MKIV JZA80 GETRAG V160 6-SPEED MANUAL GEARBOX Transmission removed from JDM version MK4 Supra TT 2JZGTE. 2JZ/1JZ suitable bell housing. Incredible condition, Only 15000kms Ultimate gearbox for high powered 2JZ powered car. These gearboxes are very strong, ideal if you need something very robust. Our Getrag 360 sale is here. The Getrag 360 transmission also goes by the name of G360. This unit was built by New Venture Gear in the late 1980's for use in Dodge D100, Ram 2500 and 3500 pickup trucks behind the powerful Cummins diesel engine. Find V160 Transmission in Canada Visit Kijiji Classifieds to buy, sell, or trade almost anything! New and used items, cars, real estate, jobs, services, vacation rentals and more virtually anywhere in Canada. JDM TOYOTA SUPRA GETRAG 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION V160 V161 MKIV JZA80 2JZGTTE MT. Email to a friend. SKU: TOYOTA-SUPRA-GETRAG-V161-6SPD-MT Categories.
In case you didn’t know, Getrag is the biggest transmission system supplier in the entire world. They supply transmissions for all types of vehicles, including commercial vehicles and passenger cars. The Toyota Supra V160 is sometimes referred to as the Getrag 233, especially in foreign markets.
The V160 transmission is totally synchronized. First gear and third gear have 3-way cone synchronizers. Third gear and fourth gear have dual-cone synchronizers. Reverse gear, fifth gear, and sixth gear have solitary cone synchronizers. Below are the gear ratios of these gears
- First Gear Ratio: 3.827. For every 1000 RPM, the ratio is 9.59.
- Second Gear Ratio: 2.36. For every 1000 RPM, the ratio is 15.55.
- Third Gear Ratio: 1.685. For every 1000 RPM, the ratio is 21.78.
- Fourth Gear Ratio: 1.312. For every 1000 RPM, the ratio is 27.97.
- Fifth Gear Ratio: 1. For every 1000 RPM, the ratio is 36.69.
- Sixth Gear Ratio: 0.793. For every 1000 RPM, the ratio is 46.27.
- Reverse Gear Ratio: 3.28. For every 1000 RPM, the ratio is 11.19.
Parts and Oil
The Toyota Supra V160 has a lubricant capacity of 1.8 liters. According to the manufacturer, the oil specification for the transmission is Toyota V160 Gearbox fluid. This fluid is certified by Getrag and is the best choice for the transmission. Alternatively, you can also choose Castrol Transmax Z instead.
Let’s examine the seals, synchronizers, and bearings of the engine.
- Speed Sensor O-Ring
- Main Control Rod Oil Seal
- Rear Oil Seal
- Front Inner Oil Seal
- Front Outer Oil Seal
- The diameter of #1 First and Second gear is 81mm.
- The diameter of #2 First and Second gear is 76mm.
- The diameter of #3 First and Second gear is 70mm.
- The diameter of #1 Third and Fourth gear is 81mm.
- The diameter of #2 Third and Fourth gear is 76mm.
- The diameter of #1 Fifth and Sixth gear is 84mm.
- The diameter of #1 Reverse gear is 72mm.
Transmissions have several moving components in them. They depend on bearings to help reduce the friction that takes place between their moving components. The Toyota Supra V160 has the following bearings:
- The clutch housing contains a tapered roller bearing and regular roller bearing
- The countershaft contains a pilot bearing known as the sealed angular contact ball bearing
- The intermediate housing contains a tapered roller bearing and regular roller bearing
- The rear housing of the output shaft contains a roller bearing
- The countershaft gears of the rear housing contain a roller bearing
Below are the various sizes of the various parts of a Supra V160 transmission system.
- The length between the bell housing and output shaft is 650mm
- The length between the bell housing and end case is 620mm
- The length between the bell housing and the center of the shifter is 755m
- The width of the bell housing is 395mm
- The maximum width of the gear case is 215mm
- The height of the bell housing is 358mm
- The maximum height of the gear case is 270mm
- The drive plate diameter of the input shaft OD is 252mm
The Toyota Supra V160 was built to perform powerfully and efficiently. Although many of these original parts are no longer manufactured, you can probably find used parts or substitute parts to replace the originals if need be.
Tamiya 24351 1/24 Toyota GR Supra
CALL FOR AVAILABILITY
– Genuine JDM Low Mileage Used Complete 2JZGTE Non-VVTi Twin Turbo Rear Sump 3.0L Engine with V160 Getrag 6 Speed Manual Transmission MK4 JZA80 Toyota Supra.
– Stock Photo is used. We do not have this exact setup left, but we can get you the components individually if desired.
(You can also use a 2JZGTE VVTi if desired)
– Hand Picked and Imported Directly from a running and driving vehicle in Japan with 50-60k miles.
– Item is inspected and has average minor wear.
V160 Transmission Wiki
- Complete Motor Assembly
- V160 Getrag 6speed Transmission
- Turbo / Headers
- Intake Manifold
- Fuel Rail and Injectors
- Power Steering Pump
- Coil Packs / Distributor
- Engine Harness (Chassis Portions Cut)
- Igniter Chip