You can deploy an XG Firewall ISO image on a Windows server.
Sophos XG Firewall. Find your product. XG Firewall v18 - Virtual and Software Appliance Install Guide. XG Firewall v18 - User Portal Documentation. XG Firewall v18 - Release Notes. XG Firewall v18 - API Documentation. XG Firewall v18 - Logfile guide. XG Firewall How-to Video Library. Sophos XG Firewall provides comprehensive next-generation firewall protection powered by deep learning and Synchronized Security.
- Go to XG Firewall free trial and download the XG Firewall software (ISO) image on your computer.
- Insert a standard USB pen drive that has the specified minimum space. You will need the pen drive to install the ISO.
- To install the ISO using Windows utility, follow these steps:
- Go to Win32 Disk Imager and download Win32 Disk Imager.
- Start the utility. The utility looks for IMG files. To allow the utility to find the downloaded ISO file, change the file filter to *.*. Select the Sophos Firewall ISO file.
- To install the ISO on the pen drive, select the USB pen drive.
Installing the ISO will erase the pen drive’s existing data.
- To install XG Firewall on the server, follow these steps:
- For the pen drive to start, you may need to change the BIOS settings.
- Connect a monitor, keyboard, and a serial cable to the server.
- When the prompt to start installation appears, type y and press Enter.
- When installation is complete, remove the pen drive and restart the server. A first-time restart will take a few minutes.XG Firewall is installed as a software appliance.
- Configure XG Firewall.
- From the management device, go to https://172.16.16.16.
- Select Start to open the initial setup wizard and complete the basic configuration.CAUTION The wizard won't start if you've changed the default password from the CLI console.
Sophos Xg Software License
Sophos Xg Software Price
You can activate XG Firewall and register it.
- Review and accept the Sophos End User License Agreement (EULA).
- To register XG Firewall, enter the serial number if you have one. Alternatively, you can start a free trial, which provides a temporary serial number, or skip registration for 30 days. If you’re migrating from UTM 9, you can enter its license.
- You will be redirected to the MySophos portal. Create a Sophos ID or sign in and complete the registration.
- Complete the basic setup. Select Continue and complete the configuration through the wizard. When you finish the process, the web admin console appears.
You can configure the other settings, including interfaces, zones, wireless networks, and firewall rules. For details, go to online help.