- This article provides information on how to configure SNMP on Sophos XG Firewall.
Sophos Xg Firewall Prtg
Sophos XG, Netflow and PRTG Hello, i have netflow aktivated and send the data from the firewall to PRTG Netflow Sensor. I am now wondering why i not the the amound of traffic i expect. SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) gives access to XG Firewall information, for example, status of the firewall, service availability, CPU, memory, and disk usage. XG Firewall supports SNMPv3, SNMPv1 and SNMPv2c protocols. To configure XG Firewall as an SNMP agent, select Enable SNMP agent and specify the settings. Breaking the Sophos XG Posted on Oct 21, 2016 Oct 27, 2016 by daddiesandbabies So I was playing with certificates on the Sophos XG the other night in the hopes to publish a PRTG server through the firewall and test out the authentication and other features but in my stupidity I decided to apply a certificate to the UTM appliance itself which.
Sophos Utm Prtg
What to do
- Go to System > Administration > Device Access and enable SNMP on LAN zone.
- Configure XG firewall as a SNMP agent (configured in System > Administration > SNMP).
- Agent Port: <SNMP service port on XG>
- Manager Port: <SNMP service port on SNMP manager>
- Configure SNMP Community on Sophos XG Firewall (configured in System > Administration > SNMP)
- Name: <name of the SNMP Community>
- IP Address: <IP address of SNMP manager>
- Run SNMP Manager and load XG MIB
- Now you are able to communicate with XG Firewall in your SNMP Manager.
Sophos Xg Port
- Sophos XG Firewall accepts SNMP messages from SNMP manager in the same community.
- Protocol Version and Trap Support version should match those on SNMP manager.
- Sophos XG Firewall supports SNMP Get messages, but it does not support SNMP Set messages.