- Sophos Xg 125 Review
- Sophos Xg 125 Firewall Configuration Step By Step
- Sophos Xg 125 Firewall Driver
- Sophos Xg Firewall Home Edition
- Sophos Xg 125 Specs
In this video we cover how to setup a new XG Firewall out of the box.There are five key sections to this video:1. Creating a Sophos ID (0:30)2. For 125/135(w) Rev.3 models only. Our Desktop appliances are often deployed in remote locations where flexible connectivity options are essential. The expansion bay on our XG 125 and 135 models provides the option to add a 3G/4G module to your appliance. The module can be securely mounted and is then managed from your XG Firewall console. Sophos XG 125 Our Desktop firewall appliances support all the security features of our larger appliances but in a compact form factor and at a fraction of the cost. Whether you're looking for an all-in-one security solution for your branch office, or need next-gen firewall security for your growing business, our range of models can offer you. If there is multiple firewall rules from VPN to LAN zones, then put the above firewall rule at the top of the list as described in Sophos XG Firewall: How to change firewall rule order. It is possible for the remote host to access the internet via the XG Firewall. When you configure XG Firewall as the DHCP server, it provides IP addresses and network parameters, such as the default gateway, subnet mask, DNS servers, and WINS servers to DHCP clients. In this scenario, we configure XG Firewall as the DHCP.
You can reimage hardware, virtual, and software appliances.
You use a bootable USB flash drive to reimage the device.
Sophos Xg 125 Review
Sophos Xg 125 Firewall Configuration Step By Step
Reimage XG Firewall
You can reimage XG Firewall with any firmware version.
- Download and burn an ISO image to a bootable USB flash drive.
- Go to Sophos Licensing Portal and sign in.
- Go to Network Protection > Download Installers and select the required hardware, virtual, or software installer.
- Download balenaEtcher, a free tool to create a bootable USB flash drive.
- Run balenaEtcher and accept the license agreement.
- Insert a USB flash drive in your endpoint device. Select the firmware image you downloaded.Note The USB flash drive will be formatted. You'll lose all data on it.
- Click Flash and wait for the tool to create a flash drive that can restart the firewall, and wait for validation.
- To reimage XG Firewall, do the following:
- Power off XG Firewall.
- Optional To monitor the installation, connect an SVGA monitor to the SVGA port of XG Firewall.
If it doesn't have an SVGA port, use an LCD panel to monitor the installation.
- Insert the bootable USB flash drive you created in XG Firewall.
- Power on XG Firewall.
- To enter the BIOS, press the Delete key when XG Firewall is starting. Make sure USB Key is the first boot option in the BIOS.
- Save and exit the BIOS.
The firewall restarts.
- Sophos Firmware Installer starts reimaging XG Firewall.
- Monitor the installation.
- After the firmware is installed, remove the USB flash disk and type y to restart XG Firewall.
- XG Firewall restarts with the default configuration.
- Sign in and restore the configuration you want.
When you configure XG Firewall as the DHCP server, it provides IP addresses and network parameters, such as the default gateway, subnet mask, DNS servers, and WINS servers to DHCP clients.
In this scenario, we configure XG Firewall as the DHCP server to lease IP addresses to clients within the server's subnet. Do as follows:
- Specify the DHCP server settings.
- Add static IP addresses if required.
- Start the DHCP server if required.
- Check the IP addresses leased by the server.
Sophos Xg 125 Firewall Driver
Specify the DHCP server settings
Sophos Xg Firewall Home Edition
Sophos Xg 125 Specs
- Go to Network > DHCP. Under Server, click Add.
- The following settings are an example. You must specify your network's settings:
Port2 - 192.168.1.1
Interface on which XG Firewall listens to DHCP requests.
Dynamic IP lease
192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.25
Static IP MAC mapping
MAC address: 2C:0E:3D:9C:CB:E4
IP address: 192.168.1.26
Interface IP address as the gateway for the clients.
Use device's DNS settings
DNS servers for the clients to contact.
- Click Save.