Sophos Central - For University-Owned Machines
Sophos Student Discount. Obtain 25% Off On Selected Products Sophos Discount Code. Redeem this special discount of 25% on selected products using promo. When it comes to data and security, rely on Sophos XG Firewall. It’s an easy-to-use, award-winning solution that protects millions of administrators, teachers, and students worldwide with intrusion prevention, spam filtering, web filtering, viral security, endpoint protection, web application security, and more. Sophos Student Discount can really help you save at Sophos, and also, the other methods are recomended for you. Create an account at home.sophos.com and receive the latest coupons and offers. Follow their special offer part on the top or footer of homepage, here you may find some amazing offers. Update: we've found 25 more computer security stores like Sophos that currently offer student discounts and 556 software stores that are offering student discounts. You can also view all 1,885 stores that offer student discounts across all categories. Sophos Home offers clear and easy to understand subscription pricing. We offer one- and two-year pricing options, and discounts for continuing customers. Renewals are done automatically at the end of the subscription period, with clear communication via email about upcoming renewal events.
Sophos Central is the anti-virus, anti-malware, and device encryption solution provided by the Information Security Office to University IT professionals around campus. It allows University IT professionals the ability to protect endpoints and servers against malware including viruses, worms, and trojans, as well as enforce encryption requirements from a central web interface.
If you are an IT administrator, please visit the Getting Started with Sophos Central Guide to learn how to get started with Sophos Central.
If you are not an IT administrator and would like to get Sophos Central installed on your University-owned machine, please contact your local IT administrator.
More details about Sophos Central can be found in on the Sophos Central Confluence page
Sophos Home - For Personally-Owned Machines of University Community Members
Students and Retirees
Sophos has free and premium versions of Sophos Home. For more information and how to download, visit Sophos Home.
Faculty and Staff
Sophos has granted the University complimentary licenses of Sophos Home Premium for personal Windows and Apple computers owned by faculty, staff, DCCs, and student workers. To get started:
- Visit https://home.sophos.com/employee.aspx and enter your @arizona.edu or @email.arizona.edu address as the email address. You must use an email address ending in one of those two addresses in order to receive the Sophos Home Premium licensing for no charge.
- Follow the prompts to register your personal email for a new account or upgrade to your existing Sophos Home account.
General Information/License Agreement Terms & Conditions
- Eligibility: Faculty and staff: University IT professionals will install Sophos on University-owned computers.
- Version: 10.3 Windows, 9x for Mac, 9 for Linux, 3.1.2 for Pure Message for Exchange, 10 for Sophos Bootable Anti-Virus, and 5.2.1 / 5.2.1 R2 for Sophos Enterprise Manager
- Platform: Windows (10, 8.1), Mac, Linux, Pure Message for Exchange
- Cost: Free
- Contact your local IT department/staff for installation. If you do not have a local IT unit, submit a request to UA Service.
- IT Professionals - see the Sophos Central Confluence page
The University provides Sophos Security at no cost to all members of the UMass Amherst community.
Sophos provides a comprehensive endpoint protection software solution. The university-licensed version includes anti-malware and disk encryption, data loss prevention, and firewalling. For a complete list of the Sophos Intercept X with EDR features, see: https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/intercept-x/tech-specs.aspx.
- For university-owned devices managed by IT, check with your IT support administrator.
- For university-owned devices that are not managed by IT, download and install Sophos with full disk encryption. Full disk encryption is a foundational security control required for computers that house university data.
- If you have problems with installing the version of Sophos with full disk encryption, you can install a version of Sophos without encryption. Encryption will need to be enabled on your computer at a later date.
- For personal devices, follow these instructions to access the Sophos home use portal at home.sophos.com/edu/umass.
About Central Management
Software for university-owned computers connects to UMass Amherst IT's central console and receives software updates, policies, and configurations automatically. The central console also enables UMass Amherst IT to locate and respond to security threats and incidents more effectively and efficiently.
Note: Running more than one anti-virus software on your computer can cause serious conflicts. Before installing Sophos Security, make sure you do not have other anti-virus applications on your machine.
Note: Under a new university-wide contract, Sophos Intercept X Advanced is replacing McAfee endpoint protection at UMass Amherst. More information will follow.
For questions, contact the IT professional in your department as applicable, or IT User Services.