Visit our SafeGuard release information site with comprehensive compatibility tables, supported third-party hardware and software, as well as a SafeGuard release history at: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/112776.
- Sophos Enterprise Big Survey
- Sophos Enterprise Big Surprise
- Sophos Enterprise Console Big Sur
- Sophos And Mac Os Big Sur
- Incoming SSH connections will fail if running Sophos Home v10.0.1a1 + MacOS 11 Big Sur We have identified a possible root cause for this issue. Expected fix to come out on 2021. Network based Time Machine backups fail with 'disk is already in use' message.
- If needed, Sophos will create an EAP (Early Access Program 10.0.1) in Central to test the release before the release of macOS 11 (full). If an EAP is created – more information will be provided at that time. Central Device Encryption for Mac version 1.5.3 will support Big.
- Sophos Endpoint Security and Control: How to create a standalone or custom installer package Sophos Anti-Virus: How to check if you're receiving the latest data protection updates Sign up to the Sophos Support Notification Service to get the latest product release information and critical issues.
- Recovery Instructions: Your options. In the Application Control policy, applications are allowed by default. System administrators choose applications that they wish to block.
Sophos Enterprise Big Survey
Sophos Central version 10.0.4 includes full support for Big Sur, and support for M1 processors via emulation (Rosetta 2). On Premise (SEC): Sophos Anti-virus for MacOS version 9.10.2 has full support for Big Sur, and support for M1 processors via emulation (Rosetta 2).
Check the compatibility of this SafeGuard Enterprise release with previous releases and modules:
Sophos Enterprise Big Surprise
Find out about:
- Previous releases of SafeGuard Enterprise that can be upgraded to this release.
- Compatibility of SafeGuard Enterprise Client with SafeGuard Enterprise Server releases.
- Microsoft SQL Server releases that are supported by SafeGuard Enterprise.
- Sophos SafeGuard Easy releases that can be migrated to SafeGuard Enterprise.
Check the tokens and smartcards that are supported by SafeGuard Enterprise:
Note that the use of the necessary token/smartcard middleware for the standard operating system requires a license agreement with the respective middleware manufacturer. For information on where to obtain the licenses, see:
Check the compatibility of SafeGuard Enterprise with commercial anti-virus software that has been successfully tested with this release: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/134612.
For a first-time installation, we recommend that you use the SafeGuard Enterprise Install Advisor tool. It will guide you through the installation process. You can find it in your product delivery.
We recommend that you also read the installation part of the SafeGuard Enterprise administrator help and the SafeGuard Enterprise best practice guide.
Sophos Enterprise Console Big Sur
Check the known issues for this SafeGuard Enterprise release, since incorrect configuration of certain options may cause unexpected behavior: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/134612.
You can find technical support for Sophos products in any of these ways:
- Visit the Sophos Community at community.sophos.com/ and search for other users who are experiencing the same problem.
- Visit the Sophos support knowledgebase at http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support.aspx.
- Download the product documentation at http://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/documentation/safeguard-enterprise.aspx#.
- Open a ticket with our support team at https://secure2.sophos.com/support/contact-support/support-query.aspx.
- Watch training videos at https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124288.
Copyright © 1996 - 2021 Sophos Limited. All rights reserved. SafeGuard is a registered trademark of Sophos Group.
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise unless you are either a valid licensee where the documentation can be reproduced in accordance with the license terms or you otherwise have the prior permission in writing of the copyright owner.
Sophos, Sophos Anti-Virus and SafeGuard are registered trademarks of Sophos Limited, Sophos Group and Utimaco Safeware AG, as applicable. All other product and company names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
You find copyright information on third party suppliers in the Disclaimer and Copyright for 3rd Party Software document in your product directory.
Is macOS 11 supported?
Yes. Roll-out has successfully completed for Sophos Central and Sophos Enterprise Console (SEC). All customers have received the updated version that supports macOS 11 natively. No customer action is required unless they have devices with M1 processors which require Rosetta 2 to be installed.
Are M1 Processors supported for macOS 11?
M1 processors are currently supported with Rosetta 2. Customers that have M1 processor devices and are running macOS 11 will need to install Rosetta 2 in order to use Sophos Endpoint products. They do not need to join the early access program.
Rosetta 2 should automatically prompt for installation if it isn’t already in use on the device. If not, manual installation is straightforward. See KBA39501 for further detail.
What is Rosetta 2?
Rosetta 2 is a commonly used tool that enables a Mac with Apple silicon to use apps built for a Mac with an Intel processor. For more information, please refer to https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211861
Will there be a performance difference when using Rosetta 2?
Native support using the full power and performance of the Apple hardware will always be faster than using Rosetta 2. For normal business users there should not be any discernible difference. For heavy users of disk or CPU (for example: video editing, heavy photoshop usage, compiling) they will notice a difference in performance.
When will M1 processors be natively supported?
An early access program for native Apple M1 processor support is planned to start in April.
Sophos And Mac Os Big Sur
Key link: KBA on Big Sur and M1 support