Writing this while on hold for Sophos support for 25mins and counting....
Sophos Intercept X is the worlds most comprehensive next-generation endpoint protection solution built to stop the widest range of attacks. Intercept X combines multiple techniques including signatureless exploit prevention, deep learning malware detection, anti. Sophos Home offers clear and easy to understand subscription pricing. We offer one- and two-year pricing options, and discounts for continuing customers. Renewals are done automatically at the end of the subscription period, with clear communication via email about upcoming renewal events.
- Get Pricing for Sophos Anti-Virus or Endpoint Protection or Contact One of Our Partners Today. Buy Sophos Network, Endpoint, Server and Cloud Security Business Products.
- Sophos Premium Antivirus covers up to 1-10 devices and costs $60 per year. A 25% discount is available for the first year, reducing the first-year cost to $45. If you’re happy to lock in for a longer deal, a two-year subscription is available for $78 and a three-year subscription is $99.
- Sophos XG Firewall is a next-generation firewall in an all-in-one solution. It combines advanced networking, protections such as Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and Web Application Firewall (WAF), plus user and application controls.
I've been working with Sophos products for about 2years now, and sadly, they seem to be on a downward spiral. The products are ok when Sophos buys the hardware from their competitors (c'mon, they don't create their own stuff!), then Sophos developers get in and promptly ruin any future for that hardware with their poor ... everything!
What are the pros?
New additions to the Sophos family are usually pretty good, but that's more of a pro for their competitors. After they're bought-out by Sophos, they'll replace whatever made the product good with crappy UI, questionable integrations, and laughable support.
What are the cons?
'What could have been done better?' Sophos could have left Astaro and Cyberoam alone, to continue developing their own products on the promising trajectory they were already on.+ Read more
|Pricing:||3.4/10 - low cost|
|Category:||Security ->Sophos Endpoint Antivirus ->Sophos Endpoint Antivirus pricing|
|Ranking:||Ranked 84 out of 502 Security systems|
|Pricing:||starts at $60 per license|
|Typical customers:||Small, medium and large size businesses|
|Platforms:||Desktop, Mobile, Cloud|
|Links:||Sophos Endpoint Antivirus review, Sophos Endpoint Antivirus alternatives|
Shlomi Lavi / Dec 02, 2020
We publish unbiased reviews, our opinions are our own and are not influenced by payments from advertisers. Learn more in our advertiser disclosure.
What is Sophos Endpoint Antivirus's cost rating? (3.4/10)
When comparing Sophos Endpoint Antivirus to their competitors, on a scale between 1 to 10 Sophos Endpoint Antivirus is rated 3.4, which is less expensive than the average Security software cost. Sophos Endpoint Antivirus offers few flexible plans to their customers, the basic cost of license starting from $60 per license, read the article below in order to calculate the total cost of ownership (TCO) which includes: customization, data migration, training, hardware, maintenance, updgrades, and more.
You can also leave your info with us to get a free custom quote with the break downs for your business needs.
What is the cost breakdown of Security implementation?
Understanding the exact price of Security system isn't easy as The overall cost of software includes the cost of license, subscription fees, training, customization, hardware, maintenance, support and other related services. It's essential to take into account all of these costs to gain an understanding of the system's 'total cost of ownership.'
What are the typical Security pricing models?There are primarily three common pricing models – Perpetual License, Subscription, and Commercial open source.
- Subscription/Software-As-A-Service: - Relevant for Sophos Endpoint Antivirus
Under this pricing model, the system is accessed over the Internet, as opposed to installed on-premises. The payment is made either on a per user basis or subscription basis. Ideally, customers are required to pay a recurring monthly fee until a specific period for using the tool. Subscription pricing model is more common with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) apps.
- Upfront cost for customization and integration is less compared to perpetual license cost because there is not much flexibility with SaaS systems in this area.
- Recurring cost is greater as customers are required to make monthly payments as subscription fee. Additionally customers using premium support services must pay an extra fee.
- All in all, the total cost of ownership in the both cases is almost the same and may span over a period of 7-10 years, though you may have to pay a higher perpetual license fee upfront. The total cost may vary from starter to mid range to enterprise level apps in both cases.
- Perpetual license: - Relevant for Sophos Endpoint Antivirus
A common pricing model for on-premise applications, perpetual license requires a customer to pay an upfront sum to own the tool or other intellectual property on-premises for a fixed term.
- Upfront cost involves the fee for installation, customization, integration with existing systems, besides perpetual license fee.
- Recurring cost is low in this pricing model and may include cost for updates, maintenance, upgrades, and patches. Some vendors do offer premium support services, which come for an extra price.
- Commercial open source: Not relevant for Sophos Endpoint Antivirus
The customer can acquire the system free of cost without having to incur any upfront license fee. As a customer, you’re solely responsible for the ongoing maintenance, upgrading, customization, and troubleshooting of the application to meet your specific needs. You are on your own for providing end-user support, since you are not locked in with a vendor-supplied system solution.
How much it would cost to customize Sophos Endpoint Antivirus? (and is it relevant)If you need specific features in your system catering to your specific business requirements, the vendor will charge customization cost, depending on your needs and feature requirement. Ideally customization cost is more complex to calculate compared to licensing cost.
Some apps allow you to easily combine data from multiple sources, without any complicated query requirements, while some others can be embedded into different applications to provide enhanced reporting. If you seek products that support customizable dashboards and predictive analysis to identity possible trends and facilitate decision making, you may have to pay higher for all the customization features.
Additionally, the following factors may affect the cost of customization:
- User interface changes
- Configurable dashboards
- Data elements required for tracking
- Forms to collect additional data
- Dashboard, management and operational reports that are needed.
- Workflows and how complex they are.
- Forms to collect additional data.
In order to calculate the cost of customization you can use the following estimates:
- Minimal customization - integrate with 1-2 systems: $2,500
- Standard customization - integrate with 3-5 systems: $10,000
- Fully customized system - integrate with more than 5 systems: $25,000
Cost of data migration when migrating to Sophos Endpoint Antivirus? Relevant for Sophos Endpoint AntivirusMost companies opt for data migration services from a vendor, which raises the cost of product ownership. If you choose to transfer data on your own, you can avoid paying the cost of data migration.
Data migration cost depends on the amount of data to be transferred, your current software, availability of migration tools, complexity of data, and gaps between the existing system and the new system.
If your data is stored in excel spreadsheets, then it may incur you a lot of time and money to migrate data from excel.
Sophos Antivirus Price PhilippinesBy involving a business services provider in data migration, you are asking them to offer additional services, for which you may have to pay extra.
As a rule of thumb the cost of data migration depents on how many records you want to migrate. Records can include number of Customers, invoices, financial transactions, products, versions, etc. Here is a list you can use as a rule of thumb:
- 1,000 records: $500
- 10,000 records: $2,500
- 100,000 records: $10,000
- 1,000,000+ records: $25,000
What is the cost of training for Sophos Endpoint Antivirus? Relevant for Sophos Endpoint AntivirusAs a buyer, you are required to pay extra for in-person training, though some vendors offer web-based solutions as part of the package. the cost may involve end-user training, video/self, group, department, and train the super users.
The cost is mainly derived from the approach that you select for your organization:
- End-user training
- Video /self
- Train the trainer/super user
Here are some questions to answer: How many groups (different departments, usages, type of users) are needed?
In order to calculate the cost you can use the following estimates:
Sophos Central Pricing
- 1-2 Sessions: $500
- 3-4 Sessions: $1,500
- 5-7 Sessions: $2,500
- 8-10 Sessions: $5,000
How Sophos Endpoint Antivirus pricing compared to alternarive Security solutions?
How can the team at ITQlick help?
The science of TCO (total cost of ownership) may not be easy to calculate. If you seek to get a detailed info about the TCO, get in touch with ITQlick experts. Contact us today and get up to date, detailed quotes.
Shlomi holds a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Information System Engineering from Ben Gurion University in Israel. Shlomi brings 15 years of global IT and IS management experience as a consultant, and implementation expert for small, medium and large size (global) companies.