Slimjet is built on top of the Chromium open-source project on which Google Chrome is also based. It enjoys the same speed and reliability provided by the underlying blink engine as Google Chrome. However, many additional features and options have been added in Slimjet to make it more powerful, intelligent and customizable than Chrome. In addition to that, Slimjet does not send any usage statistics back to Google's server like Google Chrome, which is a growing concern for many Chrome users due to the ubiquitous presence and reach of the advertising empire. Slimjet is compatible with all extensions and plugins designed for Google Chrome available from the Chrome web store.
- Thank you for downloading FlashPeak Slimjet for Mac from our software portal. The download is provided as is, with no modifications or changes made on our side. The version of the Mac application you are about to download is 29.0.2. This download is absolutely FREE.
- Download Slimjet 22.214.171.124 for Windows for free, without any viruses, from Uptodown. Try the latest version of Slimjet 2021 for Windows.
Slimjet for Mac 126.96.36.199 Released: 27th Mar 2021 (a few seconds ago) Slimjet for Mac 188.8.131.52 Released: 27th Mar 2021 (a few seconds ago) Slimjet for Mac 184.108.40.206 Released: 27th Mar 2021 (a few seconds ago) Slimjet for Mac 220.127.116.11 Released: 27th Mar 2021 (a few seconds ago).
Slimjet For Mac
- QuickFill form filler Let you open the page and sign in in one step.
- Fully customizable toolbar Add or remove additional toolbar buttons which give you quick access to various features.
- One-click Facebook integration Share your online activities on facebook with a single click.
- Download online streaming videos Easily download online streaming videos to local hard disk with option to extract the mp3 audio file.
- Instant photo upload Automatically shrink photo to decimate photo uploading time.
- Photo salon Frame and enhance photos right before they are uploaded.
- Flexible web page translation Translate a full page or selected text between any two specified languages.
- Weather condition and forecast Give current weather condition right on the toolbar. 7-day forecast information is one-click away.
- Integrate with popular web services Easily share the current page on various web services such as Twitter, Google Plus, Blogger, Wordpress, Gmail, Hotmail, StumbleUpon.
- Proxy switcher Define multiple proxies and switch between them easily. Added explicit support of socks5 proxy.
- URL alias Type short alias instead of long URL in omnibox to save time.
- Upload clipboard image Easily upload clipboard image with a single click. No need to save it to a file first and then upload the file. Minor Features and Options.
- Auto refresh web page Auto refresh one or more web pages based on a preset period.
- Enhanced autofill from predefined identity information Added support of login id and preferred password to the autofill feature available in Chrome.
- Quickly switch search engine Added a drop down button at the right end of the omnibox which allows users to quickly switch between different search engines.
- Save webpage screenshot Save screenshot of the entire page as an image file.
- Flexible new tab behavior control Added option to automatically open a new tab when entering a url. Added option to open a new tab in foreground by default.
- Stop all gif animations Added a global option to stop all gif animations from playing.
- Allow mixed-mode http/https content Added option to allow mixed http/https content to run properly.
- Option to disable desktop notification Added option to quickly disable all desktop notifications that many users find annoying in Chrome.
Q: Will XP and Vista continue to be supported?
Please refer to this blog post.
Q: What rendering engine does Slimjet use?
Slimjet uses Blink engine, the same engine used by Google Chrome.
Q: How is Slimjet related to Google Chrome?
Both Slimjet and Chrome are based on the same Chromium open-source project. Therefore, Slimjet and Chrome will have quite similar user interface. Compared with Chrome, Slimjet adds a lot more features and options on top of Chromium, to be more powerful and flexible.
Q: Is Slimjet compatible with Chrome extensions?
Yes. Slimjet is compatible with almost all chrome extensions. You can install extensions for Slimjet from Chrome web store.
Q: Is Slimjet free for commercial use?
Yes. Slimjet is free for both personal and commerical use.
Q: What are the system requirements of Slimjet?
The latest version of Slimjet is compatible with Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later, Ubuntu 14.04+, Debian 8+, openSUSE 13.1+, or Fedora Linux 21+.
Q: Can I offer Slimjet for download on my own website?
Yes. Slimjet is free for redistribution as long as it is kept in its original form.
Q: How to uninstall Slimjet?
Select 'FlashPeak Slimjet: Uninstall Slimjet' from the start menu shortcut to uninstall Slimjet. You can also uninstall Slimjet from 'Control Panel->Uninstall a program'.
Q: How to upgrade to a new version of Slimjet?
Just install the new version of Slimjet into the same folder as the old version of Slimjet.
Q: How to set Slimjet as the default browser?
Slimjet For Mac 10.6
Select settings from the main menu. Go to the 'Default Browser' section of the settings page and click the button 'Make Slimjet the default browser'.
Q: What version of Chromium is Slimjet based on?
Slimjet Mac Os
You can check the version of Chromium Slimjset is based on by selecting the menu 'About slimjet'. We will stay sychronized to the release schedule of Chromium with a lag of no more than three months.
Q: Will Slimjet have the same privacy issues as Chrome, such as sending data to Google?
Slimjet doesn't send any data to Google's servers if you don't sync your bookmarks and other data with your google account.
Q: My antivirus software flags Slimjet as a trojan, virus or spyware. What should I do?
From time to time, some antivirus software might throw a false alarm on Slimjet's executable files due to the advanced technologies used in Slimjet. Please report such false alarms to us immediately if you happen to run into one. Please also feel safe to add Slimjet's executables into the exclusion list of your antivirus software so that you can continue running it. It'll be helpful if you can submit a false positive report with the antivirus software publisher as well. That will make the antivirus software vendor resolve the issue more quickly.
Q: What is the difference between Slimjet, SlimBrowser and SlimBoat?
Slimjet Browser For Mac
They are all web browser products from FlashPeak Inc but they are based on different engines. Slimjet is based on Blink engine (the engine behind Chrome from Google). SlimBrowser is based on Trident engine (the engine behind Internet Explorer from Microsoft). SlimBoat is based on the Qt-port of Webkit engine. The three browsers have a similar set of features. Slimjet is the most robust and stable of the three and is most suitable for people who prefer a simple and clean user interface. SlimBrowser is suitable for people who prefer an advanced user interface with as many options as possible. SlimBoat has the smallest memory footprint and run across multiple platforms but might have compatibility issues with a few web sites due to the QtWebkit engine. Slimjet is our top recommendation for Windows users.
Q: Does Slimjet collect any user's data?
Slimjet doesn't collect any data associated with the user's identity. We do collect some fully-anonymous usage statistics to help improve the software. The statistics is to measure how frequently a certain software feature is used so that we can focus more efforts on popular features and less on rarely used ones. Such anonymous statistics collection can be completely turned off in the Privacy section of the settings page if it is of concern to you.
Q: How to update to a newer version of Slimjet?
If you are using the regular installer, simply run the new version installer and everything will be taken care of. There is no need to uninstall the current version first.
If you use the portable version, download the latest version of the portable version archive and extract it into the folder where the current version of Slimjet portable sits. DO NOT delete the original folder before installing the new version. Otherwise, you will lose all the data and settings.
Q: What is the encryption strength of the quickfill form files?
All the quickfill form files that are protected with your master password are encrypted using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard ) with key length of 256 bits.
Q: Can Slimjet be installed together with Chrome or Chromium?
Yes. Slimjet will not run into conflict with Chrome or Chromium installed on the same system. The data and settings of Slimjet are independent from those of Chrome/Chromium. However, if you sync your data and settings with your Google account, Slimjet data and settings will be automatically synchronized with those of Chrome/Chromium since they use the same data server provided by Google.
Q: How do I migrate from SlimBoat to Slimjet?
Slimjet For Mac
Please visit this page.
Q: The ad blocker is blocking useful components from my site. How do I fix that?
You can disable the ad blocker on a per-site basis. Just open the site in a tab first. Then select 'Ad Blocker->Disable on this site' from the browser menu. The tab will be automatically reloaded to reflect the changes. If you would like to whitelist the entire top-level domain, just select 'Ad Blocker->Disable on enter domain' from the browser menu.