|Video on demand|
|Dissolved||September 1, 2020; 7 months ago|
|Owner||Sky Cable Corporation|
|Registration||Subscription to Sky Cable, Sky Broadband, Sky Direct Postpaid or Sky Fiber is required.|
|Launched||August 13, 2015; 5 years ago|
- The SKY On Demand service which allowed you to stream and catch-up on your favorite cable shows at home and on the go, will no longer be available starting September 1, 2020. The discontinuance of the SKY On Demand service will not affect your access to cable channels, Netflix, YouTube or your internet subscription.
- Free Sky Go Extra: To help in such challenging times, we're making Sky Go Extra available to all our customers for free, so busy homes will have access to Sky TV on 3 screens at the same time, including your main TV. Simply download the Sky Go app and get access to all these features. You'll need your Sky ID to log into Sky Go.
A brand-new design makes it quicker for Sky TV customers to find and enjoy the very best TV, plus enjoy recommendations just for you and easy switching between compatible devices. You can stream your favourite channels, including free-to-air favourites like ITV and Channel 4, and depending on your Sky TV subscription, great dramas on Sky Atlantic and live sport on Sky Sports.
Sky On Demand was a video on demand service exclusively available to Sky subscribers in the Philippines. It was owned and operated by Sky Cable Corporation, a subsidiary of ABS-CBN. It allows users who are subscribed to either Sky Cable, Sky Broadband, Sky Direct Postpaid or Sky Fiber to watched on demand contents from many pan-regional television channels such as ABS-CBN, AXN, Basketball TV, History Channel, Warner TV, Disney Channel, S+A as well as a wide array of foreign and local TV shows and movies from Star Cinema, Paramount Pictures, NBCUniversal, Regal Films, and Viva Films.
Users can access the contents of Sky On Demand through either the website interface, the Sky On Demand IPTVset-top box connected to Sky Broadband & Sky Fiber or through its mobile app available for iOS and Android devices connected to any Internet Providers. The Sky On Demand mobile app can also be accessed through other internet service providers or through WiFi with reduced number of contents.
The multi-screen capability of Sky On Demand allow subscribers to choose which gadget they prefer to watch the contents of Sky. Apart from the multi-screen capability, Sky On Demand has advanced features such as tailor-fit recommendations on what to watch and a resume capability of partially watched programs. The service also creates customized playlists for favorite episodes and movies, and for partially watched videos.
After 5 years of streaming service, Sky On Demand will no longer be available in several platforms on September 1, 2020 along with iWant. The streaming service will be replaced by iWant TFC.
- ^'ABS-CBN unit Sky Cable sees higher revenues from 'Pay TV''. BusinessWorld. November 23, 2015.
- ^'SkyCable launches multi-screen capability on VOD service'. BusinessWorld. November 30, 2015.
- ^Loyola, James (November 23, 2015). 'Sky Cable launches new video on demand features'. Manila Bulletin.