Try Now TV Now TV is an internet TV streaming service powered by Sky. It offers live streaming and on-demand content from popular Sky channels - so, you can watch Sky shows as they're going out live, or catch up on them at a later date. Crucially, you don't have to be a Sky subscriber to use Now TV.
Some things are just made to be watched on a big screen. So, when it comes to Sky Go, there are times you want to ditch that laptop, tablet or smartphone and kick back in front of a TV. Here’s how to stream Sky Go on your TV.
Sky Go To Tv Cast
Sky Go has been around for some time now and it’s gone through several iterations, including some confusing crossovers with the Sky Q app. The app’s main function is letting you watch your Sky package over the internet – a super useful feature when you’re away from home or just not in the same room as your Sky box.
- I have the exact same problem on my Win 10 laptop, just tried all the advice, thank you all, but I still have a stuttering picture. As with other comments, Netflix, Prime, and Disney+ all work fine on all my screens, I have an Asus Zenbook, so has the build-in double screens plus I use a 23' screen and a Samsung TV all of which can be plugged in at the same time and only Sky Go has a problem.
- Some MoneySavers have reported that they cancelled Sky TV and were then given a voucher for up to 50% off shortly after, either on their TV, in their Sky online account or through the post. This is a risky option, as there are absolutely no guarantees you will be sent an offer, but if you've tried all the other haggling avenues and are thinking.
- Sky Go Extra: Sky TV customers only. No extra cost with Multiscreen, otherwise £5 extra a month. Allow up to 24 hours for your account to be activated. 31 days' notice to cancel. Concurrent online viewing on 2 devices. Download selected Sky Go content in the UK only via Wi-Fi. Content depends on your Sky TV package.
- What is Sky Go App This Go app from Sky strives to be the best online streaming television. It offers a wide range of channels that you can enjoy. It includes most of the common channels and shows that will keep your family entertained.
Related: Read our full Sky Q review
While being able to watch Sky on your Android or iOS device – from a Samsung Galaxy phone to an iPad – will be a marvel for some, sometimes it just isn’t good enough. The heart-pounding action scenes of Game of Thrones or Gangs of London on even the largest mobile device just won’t do.
We’ve put together this handy guide to show you just how to watch Sky Go on a TV.
Related: What do you think is best streaming service? Vote now
How do I stream Sky Go to my TV?
Kicking things off on a bit of a downer, the simple answer is you can’t. Never fear, you can get Sky Go on a TV using a good ol’ cable.
Unfortunately, Sky is yet to add any kind of casting function to the Sky Go app – as you can do with other streaming services like Netflix or Amazon – and this means there’s no way to shift the app’s mobile content from your phone or tablet to a TV. A lack of a Sky Go app on smart TVs doesn’t help the situation either.
Instead, you’ll need to grab your laptop and download Sky Go if you haven’t already. The next step is to check what connections your laptop has and, fingers crossed, it has an HDMI port and you’ve got a handy HDMI cable lying around.
Other solutions include a VGA/DVI connection on some older machines or a more flexible Thunderbolt port, but HDMI is the simplest way of going about things. Here’s exactly how to do it:
Sky Go To Tv Via Hdmi
- Open the Sky Go app on your laptop
- Find what you want to watch and go fullscreen
- Attach the HDMI cable to your laptop
- Plug the other end into a free HDMI port on the back of the TV
- Make sure you are on the correct HDMI input on the TV and you are all set