Sky Go and HDMI cables aren’t the easiest things to use together for various reasons. Here’s a workaround to make things a bit simpler for anyone wishing to watch Sky Go.
- Create stories and maps. With creation tools, you can draw on the map, add your photos and videos, customize your view, and share and collaborate with others.
- Sky Go Extra: Sky TV customers only. No extra cost with Multiscreen, otherwise £5 extra a month. Allow up to 24 hours for your account to be activated. 31 days' notice to cancel. Concurrent online viewing on 2 devices. Download selected Sky Go content in the UK only via Wi-Fi. Content depends on your Sky TV package.
- As for Sky Go, you can watch it on a smartphone, tablet, or laptop/PC/Mac, but there is nothing that will show it on a TV, and so it’s not on any Sticks or boxes, as far as I know. If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’.
Sky Go is a great way to enjoy Sky channels on your TV, laptop, iPhone, iPad, Android tablet or phone.
Sky Go does not allow you to cast from a Chrome browser tab to a Chromecast or any other casting device. In fact, in-browser media won’t even play on Chrome, you’ll need to use Firefox, or the app which is available to download on PC, mobile phones, and consoles.
Unfortunately, the service doesn’t allow you to use an HDMI cable directly, but there are ways to work around this issue.
Some Smart TVs also do not currently support the Sky Go app which means you might be stuck watching it on a smaller screen.
How to watch Sky Go on your phone
If you’re off on holiday or have a lot of travels planned and you’re a Sky subscriber, why not download the Sky Go app on your laptop or phone?
With this installed, you need to log in with your Sky ID and password. You should have set this up when you first joined Sky. With that done, you’re free to browse and enjoy Sky programming on your mobile device or laptop.
You can also download shows and movies to watch while you’re offline if you’re a Sky Go Extra customer, which is particularly useful when you’re heading abroad on holiday to avoid data charges.
An alternative to your Sky Go?
Sky Go On Alexa ShowPrime Video – 30 Day Free Trial
- Award-winning Amazon original series
- Unlimited streaming of Movies and TV shows
- Watch anywhere
- Cancel anytime
- Start your 30 day free trial
Why won’t my HDMI cable work with Sky Go?
Sky TV hasn’t cited in an official statement why an HDMI cable won’t work when trying to watch Sky Go on your TV.
The reason for HDMI and Sky Go being incompatible is most likely a way of protecting the Sky Go content. Sky may be concerned with what customers could do with the Sky Go content. For all they know, customers could be sharing content with other people who aren’t paying customers by recording shows.
We understand this can be frustrating when you pay for the service and then you can’t use it the way you want to. Many Sky Go customers wish to watch the service on a bigger screen and an HDMI cable enables just that.
|Amazon Music||View on Amazon|