Wondering how to get Sky Go working on a Chromebook? Here’s how to – no HDMI cable required!
- I get terrible quality when using Sky Go to watch live tv on my laptop. This varies between the picture/sound stuttering, freezing for a couple of seconds and then later skipping a couple or pizelated pictures. The broadband connection in my flat is good. I don’t seem to have any issues when watching catch up tv.
- Sky Go app not working issues are among the significant causes of headache for its users. Whatever device you are on – be it an Xbox console, tablet, mobile, or laptop, Sky has made it possible to watch TV anywhere you are with this on-demand service.
- Sky Go subscriptions and device limits. You can add up to six devices on Sky Go. By default, you can only watch Sky TV programming on one device at a time.
The Sky Go desktop app makes it even easier for you to find the programmes you want to watch. And with Sky Mobile, you can watch Sky TV on the go without using your data. Sky Go is included at no extra cost to your Sky TV subscription. You are just 3 easy steps away from watching all of your favourite TV.
A Chromebook is a great alternative to a regular laptop and they often come at much more reasonable prices. Light, compact and easy to transport, the Chromebook is a great device for anyone on the move.
Sky Go is a fantastic app which provides Sky TV customers the ability to watch all their favourite shows on the move. Multiple devices can also be in use under the same roof – that way everyone’s happy.
So, here’s a look at whether it’s possible to get Sky Go working on a Chromebook.
Does Sky Go work with HDMI cables?
Unfortunately, Sky Go subscribers can’t plug an HDMI cable into a laptop or mobile device and hook it up to a bigger screen.
This is similar to the fact that when watching Sky Go, viewers are unable to take screenshots of a show. Overall, it seems that unless the Sky Go app is installed on the device screen you’re watching, you can’t view the content.
Sky Go Chromebook HDMI
Thankfully, for anyone with Sky Go and a Chromebook, things are quite straightforward.
The Chromebook is compatible with apps from the Google Play Store. So, head to the Google Play Store to download the Sky Go app. Once installed, log into your Sky Go account and you should be able to watch Sky Go content without a hitch.
The only downside is that an HDMI cable cannot be plugged into the Chromebook to watch on a bigger screen.Prime Video – 30 Day Free Trial
- Award-winning Amazon original series
- Unlimited streaming of Movies and TV shows
- Watch anywhere
- Cancel any time
- Start your 30-day free trial
What about Sky Go and a Google Chromecast?
Based on the fact that Sky Go is incompatible with HDMI cables and doesn’t allow screenshotting, many would assume that the app wouldn’t work with casting devices, either. But, there is a workaround for Chromecast users.
- Firstly, open the Sky Go app on your computer.
- Ensure that Google Chrome is installed on your computer and that the Sky Go launcher is up to date.
- To cast to a Chromecast, pick something to watch on your Sky Go via the app.
- Open Google Chrome and select the ‘Google Cast’ option (this is in the top right-hand corner of the browser page) which should show a drop-down of the available devices in your home.
- Select the option under ‘sources’ to cast the ‘entire desktop’ which is the option to go for rather than just casting your current tab.
Which other devices can I watch Sky Go on?
Sky Go is a great app which comes along with any Sky TV subscription package. The app can be downloaded on both iOS and Android mobile devices.
Bigger devices such as an Android TV support the Sky Go app as well as laptops, PCs and Chromebooks.
The main issue that Sky Go customers have had is getting the content onto a bigger screen. Without HDMI capabilities, for now, viewers will have to watch on smaller screens.
Alternatively, see our guide on getting Sky Go up and running on an Amazon Fire TV Stick. With a Firestick, Sky subscribers can enjoy content on the big screen.
Sky Go Tv Nz
Sky Go Laptop To Tv Cable
|Amazon Music||View on Amazon|