Sky Go Watch TV on any device. click to open detail panel. Download the app - click to open detail panel. Start Watching - click to open detail panel. Download the app overview. Choose your device. IOS - install the app; Android - install the app; Fire - install the app. LG Content Store, Check and find immediate solutions to problems you are experiencing. Before submitting a 1:1 Inquiry, please visit the FAQ or the Self Troubleshooting sections for answers to problems you are experiencing. I want to be able to watch Sky Go through my tv on an extra device. I do not have Sky Q. I do not have Sky Go Extra. I do not have a smart tv. I do not have a laptop available. I have a newish Amazon Firestick and a PS3 which I could use. If necessary I could buy a refurbished laptop or pc if the firetsick or PS3 options won't do the trick.
The following guide will show you How to watch Sky Go on Smart TV. The Sky Go app is excellent for watching TV channels from Sky and other UK-based networks. It also has a vast library of on-demand movies, TV shows, and box sets, offering hundreds of hours of entertainment on the go.
- The Sky Q app is, in fact, available in Germany on some Samsung 'Tizen' and LG 'Web OS' smart television models, so presumably it's not impossible that Sky would make Go available on such platforms in the UK at some point.
- Plus, you can subscribe to current TV seasons, with new episodes available the day after they air right on your new LG Smart TV. LG Super UHD and OLED TVs support both HDR10 and Dolby Vision™, which means you see movies exactly the way filmmakers intended, while getting the playability of current and upcoming HDR streaming content 2.
However, the list of compatible devices is quite limited, which is something you may have noticed when trying to watch Sky Go on smart TV. Although you can watch live TV channels and on-demand content on your Sky TV box, the complimentary online service Sky Go isn’t as versatile as they advertise it to be.
Assuming that you have a Sky TV subscription, you can follow this guide to learn more about watching Sky Go on smart TV. We have also included a few workarounds to get Sky Go working on other devices.
- 1 Is it Possible to Watch Sky Go on Smart TV?
Is it Possible to Watch Sky Go on Smart TV?
There are a few things you need before you can watch Sky Go on your smart TV, and one of them is Chromecast.
Whether it’s a dongle solution or your TV has Chromecast built-in, it will be required for mirroring content from the Sky Go app.
Alternatively, you can use an HDMI cable to connect a PC or laptop to your TV for streaming Sky Go channels and VOD content.
Even though Sky Go is one of the biggest streaming services in the United Kingdom, the famous pay-TV provider Sky still doesn’t officially support Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung/LG/VIZIO smart TVs.
Despite the unavailability, subscribers have found alternative ways to watch Sky Go on their TVs, which you can check out below. We have tested some of the workarounds and found them to be working.
Watch Sky Go on TV Using Chromecast
The Sky Go app doesn’t have Chromecast support. People often mix up the UK version of the Sky Go app with the one available in New Zealand, which officially supports Chromecast devices.
Still, there’s a way to cast Sky Go content to Chromecast from a PC or laptop, with the whole process going as follows:
- First, download and install Google Chrome on your PC or laptop in case you don’t have it already.
- Now get the Sky Go desktop app from sky.com/watch/sky-go and sign in with your Sky ID.
- After that, start streaming something from the Sky Go app, then open up a Chrome window.
- Click the (⋮) ellipsis icon at the right end of the navigation bar above the Chrome window, and click the Cast option in the following menu.
- In the next pop-up window, select Sources and click the Cast desktop Chrome will scan for Chromecast devices on the same network.
- Assuming that your PC/laptop and Chromecast device is connected to your local Wi-Fi hotspot, you will be able to select your Chromecast from the scan results.
- Once you select the Chromecast device, click Share. You should see the mirrored desktop feed on your TV.
- Minimize the Chrome window and return to the Sky Go app.
If you have followed the steps correctly, then you should be able to watch Sky Go content on your TV over Chromecast.
Watch Sky Go on Smart TV Using HDMI
Connecting your PC or laptop to your TV over HDMI is the hassle-free way to watch Sky Go content.
As long as there are HDMI ports on both of your devices, you can use an HDMI cable to connect your computer to your TV and mirror your desktop over a wired and reliable interface.
After that, simply launch the Sky Go app from your desktop and begin playing back a live TV channel or on-demand content on your TV.
It’s worth mentioning that this workaround won’t work if you use an HDMI adapter to connect your smartphone to the TV.
Also, make sure to plug one end of the HDMI cable to your TV’s HDMI port that supports at least HDCP 2.2 (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). Otherwise, you will only see a black screen in the Sky Go app player.
Can I Put Sky Go on my Smart TV Using a PlayStation 4?
How To Get Sky Go App On Lg Smart Tv
While PlayStation 4 is primarily advertised for playing games, you can also use it as a Blu-Ray player or a streaming device to watch movies, TV shows, and live TV channels.
Sky officially offers its streaming app named “TV from Sky” for the PS4. Although it’s not the same app as Sky Go, TV from Sky shares the same content library.
Sky Go App On Lg Smart Tv Instructions
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to watch Sky Go on TV using a PlayStation 4:
- If you have the Sky Q box, you can skip this step. Else, contact Sky (0330 041 3000) and add the Sky Go Extra (£5+) add-on to your existing Sky TV subscription. You will need it to get the “TV from Sky” app activated on your PS4.
- Next, go to the PlayStation Store and download the “TV from Sky” app on PS4.
- Launch “TV from Sky” from the TV & Video section of the PS4 home screen.
- Click the Sign In option on the welcome page, then enter your Sky ID and password.
Once you are logged in to the “TV from Sky” app, you will be able to watch almost all the live TV channels included in your Sky TV subscription, as well as stream catch-ups, movies, and TV box sets from Sky’s on-demand library.
Watch Sky Go on TV Using an Xbox One
The “TV from Sky” (Sky Go alternative) app is also available for the Xbox One game console. If you have one lying around, you can use it to watch Sky channels and on-demand box sets on your TV. Just do the following:
- First, Go to the Store from the Xbox One dashboard and search for the “TV from Sky” app, and download it.
- Now launch “TV from Sky” from the My games and apps section on your Xbox One.
- Enter your Sky ID and password, then click Submit. You should get logged in to the app.
Upon successful login, you can watch the same live TV channels and on-demand content from the “TV from Sky” app, as you would find in Sky Go’s streaming library. Note that you will have to pay for the Sky Go Extra add-on, similar to what we need for “TV from Sky” to work on PlayStation 4.
Can I Get Sky Go on Android Box / TV?
Unfortunately, there’s no official Sky Go app for Android TV, Fire TV, or Apple TV devices. You can only get the Sky Go mobile app on Android and iOS smartphones/tablets from their respective app stores.
Best Lg Smart Tv Apps
Although many websites claim to have the Sky Go mobile app working on Android TV and Fire TV devices, it’s completely false and misleading.
While it’s possible to sideload the Sky Go APK file on Android TV and Fire TV, it will simply crash or show you an error message when you try to get past the login screen.
Also, a lot of sites trick users into installing a “modded” version of the Sky Go app that apparently works on Android TV and Fire TV devices.
However, most of these modified APK files are injected with malicious code that is meant to collect your sensitive information and slow down your device. We recommend you to avoid installing untrusted APK files from such websites.
Check –Chromecast Mobdro: How to Cast Mobdro to TV?
This guide has hopefully cleared your doubts about watching Sky Go on smart TV. While there is no official Sky Go app for Android TV or LG/Samsung/Vizio Smart TVs as of now, you can follow one of our workarounds and watch your favorite Sky Go channels and on-demand content on your big screen.
Some things are just made to be watched on a big screen. So, when it comes to Sky Go, there are times you want to ditch that laptop, tablet or smartphone and kick back in front of a TV. Here’s how to stream Sky Go on your TV.
Sky Go has been around for some time now and it’s gone through several iterations, including some confusing crossovers with the Sky Q app. The app’s main function is letting you watch your Sky package over the internet – a super useful feature when you’re away from home or just not in the same room as your Sky box.
Related: Read our full Sky Q review
While being able to watch Sky on your Android or iOS device – from a Samsung Galaxy phone to an iPad – will be a marvel for some, sometimes it just isn’t good enough. The heart-pounding action scenes of Game of Thrones or Gangs of London on even the largest mobile device just won’t do.
We’ve put together this handy guide to show you just how to watch Sky Go on a TV.
Related: What do you think is best streaming service? Vote now
How do I stream Sky Go to my TV?
Kicking things off on a bit of a downer, the simple answer is you can’t. Never fear, you can get Sky Go on a TV using a good ol’ cable.
Unfortunately, Sky is yet to add any kind of casting function to the Sky Go app – as you can do with other streaming services like Netflix or Amazon – and this means there’s no way to shift the app’s mobile content from your phone or tablet to a TV. A lack of a Sky Go app on smart TVs doesn’t help the situation either.
Instead, you’ll need to grab your laptop and download Sky Go if you haven’t already. The next step is to check what connections your laptop has and, fingers crossed, it has an HDMI port and you’ve got a handy HDMI cable lying around.
Other solutions include a VGA/DVI connection on some older machines or a more flexible Thunderbolt port, but HDMI is the simplest way of going about things. Here’s exactly how to do it:
- Open the Sky Go app on your laptop
- Find what you want to watch and go fullscreen
- Attach the HDMI cable to your laptop
- Plug the other end into a free HDMI port on the back of the TV
- Make sure you are on the correct HDMI input on the TV and you are all set