Listen to your Shazams
Shazam is integrated with Snapchat and it is possible to find songs within Snapchat. Follow this tutorial to know how to Shazam a song on Snapchat for Android and iPhone. It is also possible to send Shazam snap to someone in a chat after it identifies the song. You don’t need an account on Shazam to use this feature in Snapchat. Shazam on Snapchat.
After you've identified a song, tap the play button next to a Shazam to listen to a preview. To listen to the whole song, connect Shazam to Apple Music or another music streaming service that Shazam supports.
Tap the Apple Music button near a Shazam to listen to that song in Apple Music. If you’re an Apple Music subscriber, songs that you've Shazamed can be automatically added to a playlist called My Shazam Tracks in the Music app. On iPhone or iPad, swipe up to My Music from the main Shazam screen, tap the Settings button , then turn on “Sync Shazams to Apple Music.”
You can also add a Shazam to another Apple Music playlist without leaving the Shazam app. Just tap 'Add To' next to a Shazam, then tap the playlist. If you’re not already a subscriber, learn how to join Apple Music.
If you can’t add songs to a playlist, make sure to sync your music library with Apple Music.
Shazam Snapchat Spotify
If you have the Spotify app on your device, you can connect Shazam to your Spotify account:
- On iPhone or iPad, swipe up to My Music from the main Shazam screen. On Android, swipe left to the Library from the main Shazam screen.
- Tap the Settings button , then tap Connect next to Spotify.
- Tap Agree in Spotify. To automatically sync your Shazams to a 'My Shazam Tracks' playlist in Spotify, tap OK.
Once you’ve connected Shazam to your Spotify account, you can listen to your Shazams:
- To listen to the whole song in Spotify, tap Spotify next to a Shazam.
- Listen to Shazams in the My Shazam Tracks playlist in the Spotify app.
If you initially chose not to sync your Shazams to Spotify, you can choose to at any time in Shazam Settings.
If the Deezer app is on your device, you can also open songs with your Deezer account. Tap the More button next to a Shazam, then choose Open in Deezer.
To listen to a Shazam in YouTube Music on your Android device, tap the More button next to a Shazam, then choose Open in YouTube Music.
YouTube Music is not available in Shazam on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Use Shazam in Snapchat
Shazam Snapchat 2019
Shazam is built in to Snapchat—you don’t need the Shazam app or a Shazam account to use Shazam with Snapchat.
- To identify a song with Shazam in Snapchat, open the camera screen, then press and hold on this screen to Shazam a song. You can send your new music discovery as a Snap.
- To see your previous Shazams in Snapchat, go to the Snapchat Settings screen, then tap on Shazam under Additional Services.
- Learn about Shazam's Terms & Conditions
- Learn about Shazam and privacy
- You can 'Shazam' on Snapchat to quickly identify nearly any song playing within earshot.
- To use Shazam on Snapchat, simply press and hold your finger on the main camera screen.
- Shazam will then identify the song playing near you, and give you the option to close Snapchat and open a music-playing app.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
While Shazam exists as its own app to recognise music, you can also use the service within Snapchat as well.
If there's a song playing nearby that you don't know, you can use Snapchat'sShazam feature to quickly learn the title and artist. You'll then have the option to view it in Apple Music or Spotify.
Once you begin scanning songs, you'll be able to find a list of all the songs you've identified within your Snapchat settings.
Here's how to Shazam a song on Snapchat, using the mobile app for iPhone and Android devices.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to Shazam a song on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat on your iPhone or Android, and stay on the camera screen.
2. Press and hold your finger on the camera screen while music plays in the background. Snapchat's Shazam feature should be able to pick up the sound using your device's microphone, and will show a moving cycle of music notes and icons as it listens.
This icon will appear where you press your finger.
3. As soon as Shazam recognises the song, a pop-up will appear with the cover art, song title, and artist name. Tap the 'Listen' option to open a music streaming app, or the 'Song Info' option to view more details. You can also tap the three dots in the upper-right corner to share or send the song.
Once the song is identified, it will appear on screen.
4. On the information page, you can play a preview of the song, or scroll down to see the song's lyrics. Swipe down to close the window.
5. You may also find the 'Song Finder' option on your camera screen, among your filters. This Song Finder works the same way as using Shazam normally, and will give you the same results.
The music symbol filter hides a Song Finder.
Once you've Shazamed a song, it will be added to a list of all the songs you've identified. To find that list:
How to see a list of songs you Shazam'd on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat and tap your profile icon in the upper-left corner.
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your profile page to open your settings.
Shazam Snapchat Memories
Open the Settings menu.
3. In the Settings menu, scroll down until you find 'Shazam' on the list. Tap it.
Open the 'Shazam' menu.
4. This will open a list of all the songs you've Shazamed recently. Scroll through the list and tap on a song to view its details, or swipe the left to tap 'Delete.' This will remove it from the list.
Shazam On Snapchat
You can delete songs off your Shazam list.
Product Card Module: 11 Card size: smallProduct Card Module: Galaxy S10 Card size: small
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech: