While Shazam exists as its own app to recognise music, you can also use the service within Snapchat as well.
May 12, 2017 Shazam is an app that allows you to identify music with the press of a button. Say you're in a store and you hear an awesome song playing but you have no idea what it is and you're way too shy to ask the staff – pull out your iPhone, start up Shazam, and the app will tell you what's playing. Identify the music playing around you. Explore the music you love. Discover songs, lyrics, and artists on Shazam. Shazam is an application that can identify music, movies, advertising, and television shows, based on a short sample played and using the microphone on the device. It was created by London-based Shazam Entertainment, and has been owned by Apple Inc. Oct 06, 2016 Snapchat will detect the code and the information it links to, like text, a web link, or an image. However, if a user is sent a QR code as a photo and opens it, as they would any image or video sent to them by friends, Snapchat doesn’t process the code. Meaning, that a user can’t send a link to a website, for example, to a friend via a QR code.
If there’s a song playing nearby that you don’t know, you can use Snapchat’sShazam feature to quickly learn the title and artist. You’ll then have the option to view it in Apple Music or Spotify.
Once you begin scanning songs, you’ll be able to find a list of all the songs you’ve identified within your Snapchat settings.
Here’s how to Shazam a song on Snapchat, using the mobile app for iPhone and Android devices.
How to Shazam a song on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat on your iPhone or Android, and stay on the camera screen.
2. Press and hold your finger on the camera screen while music plays in the background. Snapchat’s Shazam feature should be able to pick up the sound using your device’s microphone, and will show a moving cycle of music notes and icons as it listens.
3. As soon as Shazam recognises the song, a pop-up will appear with the cover art, song title, and artist name. Tap the “Listen” option to open a music streaming app, or the “Song Info” option to view more details. You can also tap the three dots in the upper-right corner to share or send the song.
4. On the information page, you can play a preview of the song, or scroll down to see the song’s lyrics. Swipe down to close the window.
5. You may also find the “Song Finder” option on your camera screen, among your filters. This Song Finder works the same way as using Shazam normally, and will give you the same results.
Once you’ve Shazamed a song, it’ll be added to a list of all the songs you’ve identified. To find that list:
How to see a list of songs you Shazam’d on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat and tap your profile icon in the upper-left corner.
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner of your profile page to open your settings.Open the Settings menu.Marissa Perino/Business Insider
3. In the Settings menu, scroll down until you find “Shazam” on the list. Tap it.Open the “Shazam” menu.Marissa Perino/Business Insider
4. This will open a list of all the songs you’ve Shazamed recently. Scroll through the list and tap on a song to view its details, or swipe the left to tap “Delete.” This will remove it from the list.You can delete songs off your Shazam list.Marissa Perino/Business Insider
Product Card Module: 11 Card size: smallProduct Card Module: Galaxy S10 Card size: small
Shazam Meaning In Snapchat Meaning
When you hear an incredible, new song and want to know the name so you can share it with friends, you turn to Shazam. But you might not know that you can do this through Snapchat; it's built right into the app.
Here's how to find out the details of that song and pass it along without even downloading Shazam.
SEE ALSO: Snapchat's newest feature is a game changer for concerts
The whole process is pretty simple.
When a song is playing, just press and hold your screen when the Snapchat camera is open. You'll get a pop up information screen that gives you the song's name and artist. It will also have buttons for 'Song Info,' 'Send,' and 'Dismiss.' If you just wanted to know the name of the song, hit Dismiss.
Shazam Meaning In Snapchat
To actually listen to the song, hit Song Info. This will once again display the song title and artist, but more options are available as you scroll.
You can listen to the song on Spotify, Apple Music, or with an inserted YouTube video. You can even scroll down to view all of the lyrics within the app.
Below the lyrics, you'll find a list of three recommended songs from the same or similar artists. 'See All' will give you even more suggestions. Tap on on a new song to start listening to it right away.
To send the song to your friends, hit the Send button. Select which friends or groups you want to share with and proceed just like any other snap you'd send.
And that's everything! The whole process is super simple and quick, so don't worry about it being too much of a hassle. Now start Shazam-ing right inside your Snapchat app and spread the musical love.