Jan 11, 2021 Once getting all saved data and files from the SD card which shows the wrong size on PC, you can now format SD card to reclaim its full capacity for saving data again. So here you’ll find the two most recommended free methods to format and restore SD card to full capacity. Use DiskPart cmd command to restore SD card to full capacity. If your SD card or memory card is corrupt and some data are lost, you have an easy way to retrieve the lost files, photos, videos. MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a professional data recovery software for Windows. You can use this tool to easily recover any deleted/lost files from PC, SD card, USB drive, HDD, SSD, and more.
If Windows 10 doesn’t recognize the SD card reader, it might be the SD card reader driver issue. This post provides a Windows 10 SD card reader driver download and install guide to make your computer detect the SD card reader. To recover data from SD card, manage or format SD card, MiniTool software offers easy free tools.
Sometimes you may meet the error that the SD card reader is not detected by your computer and the SD card is not showing up in Windows 10. One solution to fix this issue is to download and reinstall the SD card reader driver. Below is a detailed Windows 10 SD card reader driver download guide.
Windows 10 SD Card Reader Driver Download Guide
Way 1. Download SD card reader driver for Windows 10 in Device Manager
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc, press Enter to open Device Manager in Windows 10.
- In Device Manager window, you can expand Universal Serial Bus controllers category.
- Next right-click on the SD card reader driver and select Uninstall device. Confirm to uninstall the driver.
- Then you can restart your computer, and it will automatically download the SD card reader driver on your Windows 10 computer. You can also click Action tab in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the SD card reader driver.
Way 2. Realtek SD card reader driver download from official site
You can also go to Realteck Downloads center to select and download PCIE card driver software or USB device driver for your Windows 10 computer.
Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices Problems in Windows 10
Sd Card Cleaner For Pc Free
If the SD card reader can’t work on Windows 10, you can also run Windows Troubleshooter to check if it can fix the problem.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
- Click Update & Security and click Troubleshoot in the left column.
- Find Hardware and Devices in the right window, and click Run the troubleshooter button. Windows will automatically and find problems with devices and hardware on Windows 10.
Best SD Card Data Recovery Software
If your SD card or memory card is corrupt and some data are lost, you have an easy way to retrieve the lost files, photos, videos.
Cleaner For Pc Free Download
MiniTool Power Data Recovery is a professional data recovery software for Windows. You can use this tool to easily recover any deleted/lost files from PC, SD card, USB drive, HDD, SSD, and more. It tackles various data loss situations. You can just use and SD card reader to connect the SD card to your computer, and choose the SD card to scan, preview and save needed files after the scan.
If you use a Mac, a top Mac data recovery software can help you recover deleted/lost files with ease.
How to Reformat the SD Card for Free
If the SD card has problems and you want to format the SD card after data recovery, you can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to easily format it for free.
You can connect the SD card to your computer, and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard. Right-click the SD card and choose Format option. Select FAT32 as the file system and format the SD card to FAT32.