Oct 29, 2009 Royal Mail International Signed For is traceable/you can get compensation in case it goes missing or damaged where as ordinary Airmail isn't. Packaging would probably be no different for either item. Check out the Royal Mail website for further info on tracking and postal rates etc.
- I write 'Airmail' in red on my overseas mail( the Post Office counter staff are sometimes a bit slow on the uptake), and they seem to get to their destination alright. You can actually buy sheets of Royal mail 'Airmail' stickers from Amazon, which I find a bit cheeky!
- International Products & Services. PostNL is the premier provider of postal and parcel services in the Netherlands. We work closely with national postal services and private delivery partners in order to offer customers the most comprehensive and reliable network for delivery of their mail, packets and parcels – not just in the Netherlands but also abroad.
The Universal Postal Union (UPU; the international abbreviated name is UPU, from fr. Union Postale Universelle and the Universal Postal Union) was founded in 1874 by an interstate organization to provide and improve postal relations in the single postal territory formed by the Universal Postal Union. It unites almost all countries of the world.
With the establishment of the Universal Postal Union in 1874, uniform postal rates were first established for sending letters and other postage abroad.
You can track your international registered mail item or packet to its destination by using our online international tracking system.
UPU tracking package
UPU tracking number looks like XX000000000XX, where first 2 letters are used to describe package type, each country assigns its own meaning to those letters. Last 2 letters are 2-letter originating country ISO code. The digits between letters are used to uniquely identify package within UPU system.
Tracking International Post
You ordered something online or sent something abroad and you want to know where it is? You do not know on which website to track it?
If you have received a 13-digit s10 barcode (for example, LT284905264NL), the search field above will help you find your item.
By inserting your S10 barcode number in the search field, our tracking portal will track your tracking number with multiple postal services at once.
The Universal Postal Union is focusing on the following tasks:
Establishing uniform international postal services and facilitating the exchange of international mail through the Universal Postal Convention and additional agreements
Assistance to postal cooperation of the Union member states.
Setting tariffs for international postal services (including transit costs).
Settlement of controversial issues between members of the union.
International Postal Mail Tracking
You can track your International Registered Mail item or packet to its destination using our International Postal Mail Tracking service.
In recent years UPU members have encountered serious problems triggered by the enormous increase in e-commerce originating from the Far East, where the terminal dues do not cover the unit costs of delivery in the destination countries, and the volumes are so big that the losses cannot be compensated by better terminal dues from other traffic. In 2016, a new remuneration system was implemented with a focus on e-commerce, but while the 2016 reform balanced the costs to the delivery services, postage costs for shippers are still asymmetric. As of 2018, US companies pay more than twice as much to mail an item from a US plant to a US customer than does a manufacturer in China to mail an item to a US customer
Postal tracking tools
|Argentina||Correo Argentino||Correo Argentino|
|Australia||Australia Post||Australia Post|
|Austria||Österreichische Post||Österreichische Post|
|Landmark Global||Landmark Global|
|Brazil||Correios de Brasil||Correios de Brasil|
|Bulgaria||Bulgarian Posts||Bulgarian Posts|
|Canada||Canada Post||Canada Post|
|Chile||Correos Chile||Correos Chile|
|Croatia||Hrvatska pošta||Hrvatska pošta|
|Cyprus||Cyprus Post||Cyprus Post|
|Czech Republic||Česká pošta||Česká pošta|
|Egypt||Egypt Post||Egypt Post|
|France||Le Groupe La Poste||Le Groupe La Poste|
|Germany||Deutsche Post||Deutsche Post|
|Ghana||Ghana Post||Ghana Post|
|Hong Kong||Hongkong Post||Hongkong Post|
|Hungary||Magyar Posta||Magyar Posta|
|Iceland||Iceland Post||Iceland Post|
|India||India Post||India Post|
|Indonesia||Pos Indonesia||Pos Indonesia|
|Ireland||An Post||An Post|
|Italy||Poste Italiane||Poste Italiane|
|Japan||Japan Post||Japan Post|
|Korea||Korea Post||Korea Post|
|Latvia||Latvijas Pasts||Latvijas Pasts|
|Lithuania||Lietuvos paštas||Lietuvos paštas|
|Malaysia||Pos Malaysia||Pos Malaysia|
|Pos Laju||Pos Laju|
|Malta||Malta Post||Malta Post|
|Mexico||Not available||Correos de México|
|New Zealand||New Zealand Post||New Zealand Post|
|Nigeria||Nigerian Postal Service||Nigerian Postal Service|
|Norway||Posten Norge||Posten Norge|
|Poland||Poczta Polska||Poczta Polska|
|Romania||Poșta Română||Poșta Română|
|Russia||Russia Post||Russia Post|
|Singapore||Singapore Post||Singapore Post|
|Slovakia||Slovenská pošta||Slovenská pošta|
|Slovenia||Pošta Slovenije||Pošta Slovenije|
|South Africa||Not available||South African Post Office|
|Switzerland||Swiss Post||Swiss Post|
|Taiwan||Chunghwa Post||Chunghwa Post|
|Thailand||Thailand Post||Thailand Post|
|UK||Royal Mail||Royal Mail|
|Uruguay||Correo Uruguayo||Correo Uruguayo|
About Universal Postal Union
Prior to the establishment of the UPU, each country had to prepare a separate postal treaty with other nations if it wished to carry international mail to or from them. In some cases, senders would have to calculate postage for each leg of a journey, and find mail forwarders in a third country if there was no direct delivery. To remove this complexity, the United States called for an International Postal Congress in 1863. This led Heinrich von Stephan, Royal Prussian and later German Minister for Posts, to found the Universal Postal Union. It is currently the third oldest international organization after the Rhine Commission and the ITU. The UPU was created in 1874, initially under the name 'General Postal Union', under the Treaty of Bern signed on October 9, 1874. Four years later, the name was changed to 'Universal Postal Union'
French is the official language of the UPU. English was added as a working language in 1994. The majority of the UPU's documents and publications – including its flagship magazine, Union Postale – are available in the United Nations' six official languages (French, English, Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and Spanish)
With Parcels app, you can track the Universal Postal Union shipments, as well as any package shipped from China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia.
Royal Mail is the UK's designated Universal Postal Service Provider, supporting customers, businesses and communities across the country. We are the only company that has the capability to deliver a 'one-price-goes-anywhere', six-days-a-week service on a range of letters and parcels to more than 29 million addresses across the UK.
General Logistics Systems (GLS), Royal Mail's European parcels business, operates one of the largest ground-based, deferred parcel delivery networks in Europe.
In October 2013, Royal Mail successfully floated on the London Stock Exchange and was subsequently admitted into the FTSE 100. More than 700,000 members of the public bought shares in Royal Mail. These investors were joined by the overwhelming majority of our people in the UK, who in total received free a ten per cent stake in our company.
You can track Royal Mail parcels at https://www.postoffice.co.uk/track-trace or use our unique integrated parcel tracking service. Our service allows you to do Royal Mail Great Britain tracking for domestic and international deliveries.
Does Royal Mail Ship Internationally
Royal Mail Tracking Number
Tracking number is a long line of numbers and letters, which you’ll find on your postage receipt or in the sender’s delivery message.
Below are sample tracking number formats for Royal Mail
Royal Mail International Standard Tracking
Find out where your letter or parcel sent with Royal Mail by using our Track and Trace service. Enter your tracking number and check parcel delivery status of any parcel!
Simply enter tracking code in the search field on top of this page to track worldwide delivery of Royal Mail letters and parcels in addition to UK domestic tracking.
If you bought on eBay then Royal Mail International Standard Tracking may be what you are looking for. Our robots will track your Royal Mail International Signed For parcel by asking every necessary courier and delivery service in the world to find your parcel and show you its location and status.
What tracking information will I see for International services?
- International Tracked & Signed - tracking within the UK and after leaving the UK, online delivery confirmation and signature on delivery
- International Tracked - tracking within the UK and after leaving the UK plus online delivery confirmation
- International Signed - tracking within the UK and signature on delivery
Royal Mail Standard Airmail Tracking
UK post tracking airmail tracking works for international parcels coming to or out of United Kingdom.
First you need to locate your tracking number in shipment confirmation email or on your postage receipt. It may be called a barcode or a reference.
Enter your tracking number on top of this page and press Track Package button to locate your parcel.
Our unique universal parcel tracker will trace your parcel in originating and destination countries, including GLS, Parcelforce so you'll get full tracking status of your Royal Mail parcel.
Royal Mail Tracking Outside UK
For certain European destinations, Royal Mail uses a Royal Mail Group Limited company called GLS. With our tracker you can track International Tracked & Signed with GLS items sent to the following countries:
Austria (for International Tracked and International Tracked & Signed), Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
For other destinations, once your item has left the UK, Royal Mail hands it over to the relevant country's postal authority.
By tracking your parcel with our website you are able to track it with destination country postal service, to get complete picture of delivery.
Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48®
Royal Mail Tracked 24™ and Royal Mail Tracked 48™ are parcel services with delivery speeds 24 and 48 hours. Provides full online tracking to enable you and the recipient to keep track of the parcel's progress, SMS/email notifications for your recipients are available and there is compensation cover up to £100 for extra peace of mind.
In case you need a signature on delivery choose Royal Mail Tracked 48 with Signature. Tracked Royal Mail Tracked 48 aims to deliver your parcel in 2 to 3 working days.
What SMS/email messages are sent to the parcel recipient?
The first message is sent when the parcel is scanned at the Delivery Office to inform the recipient that Royal Mail will attempt to deliver the parcel that day.
A second is sent when delivery is attempted to notify the recipient if we have been able to deliver. If we were unable to deliver the message will advise that we have left a ‘Something for You‘ card to arrange collection or redelivery.
Royal Mail 1st Class Parcels Tracking
Fast, reliable parcel delivery across the UK. 1st Class Parcels aims to deliver parcels weighing up to 20kg the next working day, including Saturdays. It’s a fast, cost-effective UK-wide delivery service for customers that send less than 1,000 parcels per year.
Online delivery confirmation is available on Royal Mail 1st Class parcels. This isn't a tracked service. Information will only be available online at the point we try to - or successfully - deliver your item.
Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed Tracking
Guaranteed next day parcel delivery. When it's simply got to be there, Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed® offers timed delivery by 9am or 1pm next day with inclusive tracking and signature on delivery. Saturday delivery is available for an additional charge.
- Guaranteed delivery by 9am or 1pm next working day
- Online tracking and signature on delivery included
- Money-back guarantee and inclusive compensation cover
- Free new and improved SMS and/or email notifications included with Special Delivery Guaranteed
Follow your parcel’s progress from start to finish with online tracking and signature on delivery. Keep your customers informed with free SMS and/or email notifications.
UK Royal Mail Second Class Standard is a delivery method name from eBay, tracking numbers look like 05029FF654D and usually have 1-2 statuses, when parcel is posted and when is delivered.
Royal Mail 2nd Class Parcels is a UK-wide parcel delivery within 3 working days. 2nd Class Parcels offers a low-cost, reliable, UK-wide delivery service for parcels weighing up to 20kg that aims to deliver your parcel within 2–3 working days, including Saturdays.
Online delivery confirmation* is available on Royal Mail 2nd Class parcels. Online delivery confirmation shows you when your item has been delivered or attempted to be delivered.
Royal Mail International Tracked & Signed Airmail
This isn't a tracked service. Information will only be available online at the point Royal Mail try to - or successfully - deliver your item.
Royal Mail Tracking Status Meaning
When you send mail with Royal Mail using a tracked service, your item gets scanned at various points in its journey.
- Advised - As soon as Royal Mail have the details about a parcel being sent in their systems the tracking results will state ‘Advised’. As soon as the item enters Royal Mail network it will get a tracking scan and the Advised status will change to ‘In progress’
- Advised to collect from a Post Office - My parcel tracking results states ‘addressee advised to collect from Post Office’ and the driver left a card. What shall I do now? o ensure that your parcel has been delivered safely, we need a signature. If this is not possible, then the driver will leave a card with the details of the local Post Office where your parcel is being securely held for you to collect from the next working day.
- Attempted delivery - Our driver has called to deliver your parcel, but was unable to get anyone at the address to sign for it. They will have left a card detailing what they have done with it and the next steps you need to take. This is likely to be either taking it to a local Post Office to be held securely for you to pick up (the card will give the details of the Post Office and our website tracking will be updated when our driver has handed over your parcel and it is available for you to pick up), or taking it back to our depot. The card will explain if a further delivery will automatically take place or whether you need to contact us to make arrangements for receiving your parcel
- In transit - Your item is on its way through our network. This message can cover several stages of its journey. You’ll see more details of its location and status when you enter your reference number.
- Delivered to your address or a neighbour - We’ve delivered the item as addressed, or to a neighbour. If we leave the item with a neighbour, we’ll leave a ‘Something for you’ card to tell you where it is. You might see this message even if you’ve had your item delivered to a work address or business. We’ll leave a ‘Something for you’ card if we couldn’t deliver to the business address on the item. If you haven’t had the item or a card, please check with your colleagues or the post room to see if someone has accepted the item on your behalf.
Royal Mail International Tracked World
Royal Mail Tracking Not Working or Showing Updates
There could be a number of reasons for this. Please check:
- Passed at least 3-5 days since you got tracking number. Tracking systems need some time before updates start showing up
- The number entered is correct.
- If you're the recipient, check the sender has given you the right reference number.
- The reference number is for an item sent with Royal Mail, using a service that offers tracking
What is Princess Royal DC?
Royal Mail's Princess Royal Distribution Centre was originally built to integrate the movement of mail between road and rail, it is now mostly used as a road hub with very little mail going by rail at all.
What does on its way to RDC mean?
RDC stands for Regional Distribution Centre which is a large warehouse for one or more companies. Such locations have many deliveries every day and can be challenging points to get freight into.