Guide to configuring Sophos monitoring in PRTG? We've been trying to import the MIB from a Sophos UTM into PRTG, our monitoring solution, without much luck. Although I'm far from an SNMP / PRTG expert, this process was very simple with our other (non-Sophos) devices. This article applies to PRTG Network Monitor 16 or later. Monitoring Sophos UTM Firewalls with PRTG. Out of the box, PRTG includes a broad variety of sensors for SNMP capable devices. For other device types, like Sophos UTM Solutions, PRTG provides the great possibility to create custom sensors.
- This article provides information on how to configure SNMP on Sophos XG Firewall.
What to do
Prtg Sophos Xg Template
- Go to System > Administration > Device Access and enable SNMP on LAN zone.
- Configure XG firewall as a SNMP agent (configured in System > Administration > SNMP).
- Agent Port: <SNMP service port on XG>
- Manager Port: <SNMP service port on SNMP manager>
- Configure SNMP Community on Sophos XG Firewall (configured in System > Administration > SNMP)
- Name: <name of the SNMP Community>
- IP Address: <IP address of SNMP manager>
- Run SNMP Manager and load XG MIB
- Now you are able to communicate with XG Firewall in your SNMP Manager.
Prtg Sophos Antivirus
- Sophos XG Firewall accepts SNMP messages from SNMP manager in the same community.
- Protocol Version and Trap Support version should match those on SNMP manager.
- Sophos XG Firewall supports SNMP Get messages, but it does not support SNMP Set messages.