Try these steps first
Stopped Getting Messages On Ipad
- Restart your device:
- Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need to have a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need to have a mobile network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.
- Check with your network provider to see if the type of message you’re trying to send, such as MMS or SMS, is supported.
- If you’re trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging. If you can't see an option to turn on MMS Messaging or Group Messaging on your iPhone, this feature may not be supported by your network provider.
- Make sure your device has enough space to receive images and videos.
- Make sure you've entered the correct phone number or email address for the contact.
If you see a Waiting for Activation alert, find out what to do.
If you still need help, locate your issue below and find out what to do next.
If you see a red exclamation mark
How to Fix Text Messages not Delivered on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch - Top 10 Tips Text messages not delivered on iOS 7 or iOS 7.1 is not a big problem. In fact, the messages not delivered issue can be fixed with those tips below, along with the issues that you can't send photo messages on iPhone or can't text pictures. See also: Apple Watch Not Getting Notifications From iPhone, Fix. How to fix sound notification problems. If iPad or iPhone notification sounds are not working, meaning if your iPhone (or iPad) does not let you know when you receive an incoming text message (e.g., iMessage), here is how to fix.
If you've switched from an Apple device (e.g., iPhone®, iPad®, etc.) to a non-Apple device (e.g., Android™, BlackBerry®, etc.) and previously used iMessage®, you may experience issues receiving text and multimedia messages from Apple devices. Messages sent to you from Apple devices could still be coming to you as iMessages instead of standard text messages. Jul 06, 2020 You may lose text sound notifications with incoming texts alerting you with a sound whenever you receive a text. This article explains what to do when your iPhone or iPad is not making any sounds when you get a new message. Devices: All iPhone models (e.g., iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPhone 6s ), all iPad models (e.g., iPad Air, iPad 2).
If you try to send a message and you see with an alert that says 'Not Delivered', follow these steps:
- Check your network connection.
- Tap , then tap Try Again.
- If you still can’t send the message, tap , then tap Send as Text Message. Messaging rates may apply. Contact your network provider for more information.
If you see a green message bubble
If you see a green message bubble instead of a blue one, that means the message was sent using MMS or SMS instead of iMessage. There can be several reasons for this:
- The person you sent the message to doesn't have an Apple device.
- iMessage is turned off on your device or on your recipient’s device. To check if iMessage is turned on for your device, go to Settings > Messages > iMessage.
- iMessage is temporarily unavailable on your device or on your recipient’s device.
Find out the difference between iMessage and MMS/SMS messages.
If you receive messages on one device but not the other
If you have an iPhone and another iOS device, such as an iPad, your iMessage settings may be set to receive and start messages from your Apple ID instead of your phone number. To check if your phone number has been set to send and receive messages, go to Settings > Messages and tap Send & Receive.
Not Getting All Text Messages On Ipad
If you can't see your phone number, you can link your iPhone number to your Apple ID so you can send and receive iMessages from your phone number. You can also set up Text Message Forwarding so you can send and receive MMS and SMS messages on all of your Apple devices.
If you're having issues with a group message
If you’re in a group message and stop receiving messages, check to see if you've left the conversation. Open Messages and tap the group message. If you see a message stating that you've left the conversation, either you've left the conversation or you were removed from the group message. You can only rejoin a group message if someone in the group adds you.
To start a new group message:
Not Getting Text Messages On Ipad Air
- Open Messages and tap the Compose button to start writing a new message.
- Enter the phone numbers or email addresses of your contacts.
- Type your message, then tap the Send button .
If you're experiencing any other issues with a group message, you may need to delete the conversation and start a new one. To delete a group message:
- Open Messages and find the conversation you want to delete.
- Swipe left over the conversation.
- Tap Delete.
If you delete a message, you won't be able to recover it. If you want to save parts of a message, take a screenshot. To save an attachment in a message, touch and hold the attachment, tap More, then tap Save.
Not Getting Text Messages On Ipad Air 2
- If you still can't send or receive messages, contact Apple Support.
- If you can't receive SMS messages, contact your network provider.
- If you've switched to a non-Apple phone, find out how to deactivate iMessage.
- Find out how to report unwanted iMessages.