Connect Dropbox with the tools you use. Create, edit, and share Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides and Microsoft Office files, and communicate via Slack and Zoom—all from your desktop. Plus, it’s easier to identify relevant apps for your files, so you can get to your tools faster. Stay focused on work. So I was trying to use Dropbox with a U1 Micro SD card as the storage location, AND have applications that I would run directly from the same U1 Micro SD card to save space on my MacBook’s internal SSD. As long as Dropbox isn’t syncing data and downloading files, this works flawlessly.
Dropbox makes the work no longer be deskbound, we don’t need to bring the laptop, hard drive or storage devices along with us anymore. Also, it facilitates good collaboration and boost productivity within a team. You may have downloaded and installed Dropbox on your mac, but now want to remove Dropbox from your mac for one reason or another.
Here we will talk about how to remove Dropbox from mac without deleting files, or how to uninstall on different situations.
1. Quickest Way to Remove Dropbox from Mac
Here is a quick way to remove Dropbox from mac automatically and completely, using CleanMyMac X from MacPaw, one of the greatest utility tools to free up mac space and clean useless data/file on your mac, it can:
- Remove apps, including malware
- Clean caches, system junks
- Clean incomplete download
- Clean data in apps (iTunes, Mail, Photos, Trash bin, etc.)
- Protect your privacy by deleting browser history, auto fill forms, log, etc.
- Find and remove large hidden files
- Update applications
- Optimize and maintain your Mac performance
Check out the quick steps to remove Dropbox from Mac with CleanmyMac X
- Get a free copy of CleanMyMac X from MacPaw website, install and open the application on your Mac.
- Go to Applications>Uninstaller.
- Choose Dropbox from the application list.
- Then click on the Uninstall button at the bottom of the interface to remove dropbox completely from your Mac.
2. Remove Dropbox from Mac without Deleting Files
To remove Dropbox from Mac but not deleting the folders and files, you will have to unlink this Dropbox on Mac.
What Does “Unlink Dropbox on Mac” Mean?
If you continue with unlinking this Dropbox on your mac, you will be signed out of the Dropbox application on your Mac, but the folders or files that once synced locally on your mac will be still kept on your Mac. Any later changes made to your files in your Dropbox account cannot sync to your local files.
How to Remove Dropbox from Mac without Deleting Files?
- Run Dropbox on your Mac.
- Find the Dropbox icon on your menu bar.
- Click on the Dropbox icon, then click on the Settings icon, go to Settings.
- Go to Account, click on Unlink This Dropbox.
- Then click on Unlink.
- Go back to click on the Dropbox icon on your menu bar.
- Click on the Settings icon and choose Quit Dropbox.
- Go to Finder>Applications, and find Dropbox.
- Right click on the Dropbox icon and select Move to Trash.
- To remove Dropbox from your mac permanently, you need to open Trash, find Dropbox, then right click to Delete Immediately.
But you are highly recommended to back up those important files to your Mac or other external storage device in case of data loss.
3. How to Uninstall Dropbox Completely?
If you want to uninstall Dopbox completely, you need to remove the application and all files.
- 1. First, make sure you have quit Dropbox (if not, click on the Dropbox icon on Mac menu bar, go to Settings>Quit Dropbox).
- 2. Head to Finder>Applications, find Dropbox, then right click on its icon to Move to Trash.
- 3. Go to Trash, right click on Dropbox and choose Delete Permanently.
- 4. Then go to Finder>Dropbox, delete all the folders and files in Dropbox.
- 5. Then right click on Dropbox and choose Remove from Sidebar.
Now, everything in your Dropbox is removed and there is no portal accessing to your Dropbox account until a new installation.
4. Remove Dropbox when plugins in use
Dropbox On Mac
It is much likely you will run into a situation that you are not allowed to uninstall Dropbox on Mac when its extensions in use.
In this case, you will need to delete the Plugin folder first, then move to remove Dropbox from your mac.
- 1. Make sure you have quit Dropbox (if not, click on the Dropbox icon on Mac menu bar, go to Settings>Quit Dropbox).
- 2. Go to Finder>Applications, find Dropbox, right click on the icon and choose Show Package Contents.
- 3. Click on the folder and locate the one named as Plugin, then right click and choose Move to Trash to delete.
- 4. Then go to Finder>Applications, right click on Dropbox icon to move to Trash.
- 5. Go to Trash, right click on Dropbox icon to delete permanently.
5. Remove Dropbox folder from mac
If you just need to remove a Dropbox folder from mac, instead of uninstall the application completely, here are the easy steps:
- 1. Run Dropbox.
- 2. Click on the Dropbox icon on your Mac menu bar, go to Folder icon.
- 3. Your Dropbox folder will appear, select the folders you want to delete and right click to Move to Trash.
6. Remove Dropbox from Launchpad on Mac
You may be looking for the solution to remove Dropbox from Lanchpad on mac. Unfortunately, you cannot. Users are only allowed to deleted applications downloaded from Mac App Store directly in Launchpad by holding and pressing on the icons. Since Dropbox is only available on its official website, the way to remove Dropbox from Launchpad is to manually move the application to Trash.
1. Quit Dropbox.
2. Go to Finder>Applications, right click on Dropbox icon and Move to Trash, then you won’t find Dropbox in your Launchpad.
Pages is a powerful word processor that lets you create stunning documents, and comes included with most Apple devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team can work together from anywhere, whether they’re on Mac, iPad, iPhone, or using a PC.
From the start, Pages places you in the perfect creative environment. It puts all the right tools in all the right places, so it’s easy to choose a look, customize fonts, personalize text styles, and add beautiful graphics. And everyone collaborating on a document has access to the same powerful features.
Start with something beautiful.
Choose from over 70 beautiful Apple‑designed templates, and customize your reports, letters, and other documents any way you like. And, if you’ve ever dreamed of writing a book or fairy tale, it’s easy to create interactive stories right inside Pages.
Make progress you can see.
Track changes, add highlights, and have threaded conversations with your team. Your edits are saved automatically.
Stunning results. Effortlessly.
Liven up your text by filling it with color gradients or images. And, take the entire page to the next level by adding photos, galleries, audio clips, video, math equations, charts, or more than 700 customizable shapes.
What’s new in Pages.New
Turn handwriting into text. Magically.
With Scribble and Apple Pencil, your handwritten words will automatically be converted to typed text. Take notes, write a book, or annotate a paper quickly and easily.New
Write reports easier.
With new report templates, there’s no staring at a blank page. Jump start an essay, research paper, or school report by choosing from one of the 3 new templates.
Skim through in style.
Now, on your iPhone and iPad, you can read through your document, zoom in and out, and interact with it — without accidentally changing anything.
Play videos right in your documents.
Play YouTube and Vimeo videos right in Pages, without the need to open a web browser. Simply add a link, and play your web video inside your document or book.
You don’t work in one place on just one device. The same goes for Pages. Work seamlessly across all your Apple devices. The documents you create using a Mac or iPad will look the same on an iPhone or web browser — and vice versa.
You can also work on documents stored on iCloud or Box using a PC.
Work together in the same document, from across town or across the world. You can see your team’s edits as they make them — and they can watch as you make yours, too. Just click the Collaborate button and invite people to join.
Use Apple Pencil on your iPad to sketch, illustrate, and create documents. Draw and fine-tune your idea, then press play to watch each stroke animate onto the page. Plus, with Smart Annotation, your edits stay with the marked-up text, making it easy for you and your team to incorporate changes.
Teaming up with someone who uses Microsoft Word? Pages makes it simple. You can save Pages documents as Word files. Or import and edit Word documents right in Pages.
Macbook Air Dropping Internet ConnectionLearn more about Numbers
Can I Use Dropbox On Macbook Air
Build stunning, memorable