The error can be easily fixed. This process shows We three solutions to fix firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in Kies and try again Galaxy. We can use the solutions to fix the problem on Galaxy S7/S6/S5/S4/S3/2/Note 5/4/3/2 and tablets.
Thousands of Samsung Galaxy users get this error when they are attempting to use Odin33/Kies to root, upgrade, downgrade their Samsung Galaxy devices, or flashing a custom ROM.
Jul 03, 2018 Windows Kies 3: Supported models: Note 3 and devices with Android 4.3; Windows Kies 2: Some feature phones, Smart Phones and Tablets before Sept 2013; What's New: Mac version updated to 220.127.116.117310. kies1 (@kies1) op TikTok 4.6K likes. Bekijk de nieuwste video van kies1 (@kies1). Samsung Kies is the free official application from Samsung that enables its users to connect their mobile devices to their PCs and synchronize data files in a single click. You can easily manage your mobile apps, games, music, videos, documents, contacts and photos. Samsung Kies is the free official application from Samsung that enables its users to connect their mobile devices to their PCs and synchronize data files in a single click. You can easily manage your mobile apps, games, music, videos, documents, contacts and photos.
- 2 Method 2: Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue Without Kies
Method 1: Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue With Kies
We can follow the lead of the error message and try to fix the “firmware upgrade encountered issue” error with Kies’ Firmware upgrade and initialization feature. Here are the specific steps.
Step 1. Download and install Kies on your computer. Run Kies and choose Tools > Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation.
Step 2. Check the model & serial number (S/N) of your Samsung Galaxy mobile.
- In case your mobile has a removable back cover, We can find out the model name and S/N after taking out the battery.
- In case We have registered your Samsung Galaxy device in Samsung.com, We can log in with your Samsung Galaxy Account and get the information.
- Or we can get the information from the box of the mobile.
Step 3. Enter the model name and the serial number of your Samsung Galaxy on Kies.
Step 4. Kies warn We that the firmware upgrade and initialization process erase all your data and settings and your mobile is updated to the latest firmware version afterward. Click OK to continue.
Step 5. The software will start download files for the firmware upgrade. When the firmware ROM is downloaded, you’ll see this window.
Step 6. Follow the instruction in the window to put your Samsung Galaxy mobile in recovery mode. Tick the checkbox and click “Start Upgrade”.
Step 7. Wait patiently until We see “Emergency recovery of firmware completed”. Please don’t disconnect your mobile with the computer during the process.
In case the Odin failed to flash Samsung Device or show you error like Please get the approval to use factory binary (Pit) .You can also fix it. you need to select extra setting on Odin and then tick on Nand flash. It will fix the error temporarily.
Now “firmware ROM upgrade encountered issue” error should be gone. However, all data and settings also are gone on your Samsung Galaxy device. In case We don’t want to lose important data or find upgrading firmware with Kies is too troublesome, We can try the following two methods to fix “firmware upgrade encountered issue” error without Kies.
Method 2: Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue Without Kies
The first method that we introduce in this Method is a super simple one: using FonePaw Broken Android Data Extraction to unblock Samsung Galaxy mobile in one click.
The software can fix Samsung Galaxy devices with system errors caused by upgrade/root failure, for example, fixing the Samsung Galaxy mobile stuck at Download mode, boot screen, black screen, and others. And recently some mobile users discovered that it can be a solution for fixing firmware ROM upgrade encountered issue on Samsung Galaxy.
This works for Samsung Galaxy S6/S5/S4/Note 5/Mote 4/Note 3/ Tab Pro 10.1.
- Step 1. Download and install Broken Android Data Extraction on PC and connect your Samsung Galaxy mobile to PC with the USB cable.
- Step 2. Run the software and choose the Broken Android Data Extraction > Fix Samsung Galaxy device. till there is no option for “firmware upgrade encountered an issue” error, choose Others, and click Next.
- Step 3. Enter the model name and number of your Samsung Galaxy device. The software downloads a suitable recovery package according to the information that We provide. Therefore, it is important that We have entered the correct model name and number.
- Step 4. Follow the instruction of the software to put your Samsung Galaxy mobile in Download mode with Volume down + Home + Power buttons.
- Step 5. The software begins to download the recovery package and fix the Samsung Galaxy device. When the repair is complete, your mobile restart and be back to normal.
Now your mobile is back to normal and all the data and settings are safe and sound on your mobile.
Fix Firmware Upgrade Encountered an Issue Using Odin3
In case of Broken Android Data Extraction doesn’t support your Samsung Galaxy device, We can use Odin33 flash tool to manually flash new firmware and fix the firmware upgrade issue. Flashing a ROM also deletes all data on your Samsung Galaxy device.
Note: This method would erase all your mobile data so here suggest We back up your data firstly or move to the last Method with Broken Android Data Extraction.
- Step 1. Download suitable firmware for your Samsung Galaxy device from combinationfirmware.com and unzip the package.
- Step 2. Download Odin33 on your mobile.
- Step 3. Put your Samsung Galaxy mobile into Download mode and connect the mobile to your computer via USB connection.
- Step 4. Run Odin33 and click AP/PDA. From the downloaded package, select the tar.md5 firmware file.
- Step 5. When Odin3 has added the file, click the Start button. It could take a while for Odin3 to flash new firmware on your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Step 6. When We see the Pass! The message, the firmware flashing is done and your mobile automatically reboot.
In case We still have a question about fixing the “firmware upgrade encountered issue” error. Leave your question below.
FAQ – Samsung Odin failed during stock firmware flash.
Kies 12404 ErrorHow to fix firmware upgrade encountered an issue j210f
You can fix Samsung j210f by flash stock firmware. In case you flash a single file some time it doesn’t work. You may have to flash 4 files to fix the Samsung Galaxy j210f please select recovery mode in Kies and try again Galaxy.Can i solve Samsung Phone Stuck in Odin Mode?
while flash Samsung mobile with a firmware file flashing stop in the middle and you will see Odin mode now you have to flash it with 4 files.Can i solve firmware upgrade encountered an issue s4, g530h, s7392
Yes, it is possible to fix this issue when you failed to flash with Odin file. some of this it also issues by Samsung USB cable you need to use a new USB cable.How to fix Samsung Odin failed during stock firmware flash?
When you flash Samsung s7582 after flash failed you may see please select recovery mode in Kies and try again you can fix this issue in Samsung galaxy tab 3 also.
18.104.22.16843.5 (23 September 2020; 6 months ago) [±]
|Operating system||Windows, Mac OS X|
Samsung Kies/ˈkiːz/ is a freewaresoftware application used to communicate between Windows or Macintosh operating systems, and more recently manufactured Samsungmobile phone and tablet computer devices, usually using a USB connection (though wireless LAN Kies connectivity is now possible using some devices). Samsung has released new software to replace Kies, named Samsung Smart Switch, which is mainly directed at migrating customers onto new Samsung devices. The name K.I.E.S. originated as an acronym for 'Key Intuitive Easy System'. After version 2.0, the name was shortened to 'Kies'.
Download Samsung Kies 1.5.3
Kies is available in several versions and editions, depending on the specific Samsung device and the OS it is running. Kies (currently in version 22.214.171.12443_5) supports devices with Android 2.1 through 4.2. Kies3 (version 3.x) supports devices with Android Jelly Bean (4.3 and up). Trying to use Kies with newer devices, or Kies3 with older devices, will result in an error message.
There is also a Kies Mini version, which is available only for specific devices such as Samsung Captivate, Infuse, or Vibrant. It is used to update these devices' operating systems (OS versions). Though there are both Windows and Mac(intosh) versions of the full Kies product, there is only a Windows version of Kies Mini for most Samsung devices; however, non-Windows users may overcome this limitation by using a Windows virtual machine, installing Kies Mini within it and connecting a Samsung device via USB cable to accomplish the OS update.. On Windows devices, the file transfer happens via a plug-and-play mode.Note that since 2012, Intel processors mounted the Cache Acceleration Software, which was tuned by system administrators when connected with SSD cards.
Although Kies connectivity has traditionally been via mini or micro-USB cable (needing of some software, and not plug and play), wireless LAN connectivity between a Samsung device on which the Kies Wireless Android app is running, and any Windows or Macintosh computer running the Kies full version, is now also possible. The Kies Wireless app also supports wireless connectivity with other devices via said other devices' web browsers. All such connectivity, though, must be via a local Wi-Fi connection (and not via cellular2G, 3G, or 4G data networks) wherein all involved devices are on the same Wi-Fi LAN.
The full version of Kies may be downloaded from the Samsung Global Download Center or from the download part of an individual mobile device's technical support web page on the Samsung website. With few exceptions, it is usually only the Kies Mini version, and not the full version, which is typically downloadable from a given Samsung device.
Smart Switch is part of a technical and commercial strategy finalized to connect all electronics in a unique semi-automation system, which is managed via a smartphone central app of Samsung.
Since 2012, most of the Intel product line just mounted the Cache Acceleration Software, both as an accelerator and a temporary database in connection with the parallel subsystem named Intel Management Engine (with ring-3 privilege inside the device).
Although lockstep, simple and oldest Trivial File Transfer Protocol was optimized for a client-server network, far different from a one-to-one and peer-to-peer connection.
Android File Transfer for Linux is a FOSS app, stable since version 2.2., though FOSS has somewhere (e.g. on GitHub) protected under the copyright law, and subject to file robots.txt mirroring exclusions.
|OS||CPU||RAM||HDD space||Screen resolution||Required software|
|Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1||Intel Pentium Dual-Core 2.1 GHz processor or higher (recommended)||2 GB recommended||At least 500 MB||1366 × 768 (600), 32 bit or above||.NET Framework 4.6.1 or later, Windows Media Player 12 or later, DirectX 11 or above|
|Mac OS 10.6 (*Samsung Kies mini)||1.8 GHz Intel or faster processor||1 GB or more||30 MB of available hard disk space||Wave (GT-S8500) Firmware upgrade is available for bada 1.2 or later. Wave II (GT-S8530)|
- ^Samsung Apps & Kies Tutorial (English) – Official video on YouTube
- ^'Kies 3.0 Unsupported Device Alert'. Samsungcsportal.com. Samsung Electronics.
- ^'Kies Mini Download'. Softpedia.
- ^'Feature Comparison by OS version: 'What Features Does Samsung Kies Have?''. Samsung Electronics.
- ^Raphael, JR (August 9, 2017). 'How to move data between your phone and computer'. Computerworld. Archived from the original on August 9, 2017.
- ^'Kies air (Android app)'. Google Play Store. Samsung Electronics.
- ^'Sync Your Life with Kies'. Samsung Electronics.
- ^'Manuals & Downloads'. Samsung Electronics.
- ^Niccolai, James (January 5, 2014). 'Samsung Smart Home aims to control TVs, refrigerators with a single app'. Archived from the original on April 17, 2016.
- ^'Lean and independent rolling distro of Linux-KDE'. KaOS. Retrieved June 18, 2018.