International Priority Airmail (IPA) is a USPS commercial service for volume mailings of all First Class Mail International postcards, letters, and large envelopes (flats) and small packets. IPA shipments are typically flown to the foreign destinations and entered into that country’s air or surface priority mail system. As a result, worldwide delivery is 3-10 days as US First Class Airmail at bulk mail prices.
- International Air Mail Cost
- How Does The International Mail System Work? How Is Mail ...
- International Air Mail Letter Postage
- International Air Mail Postage
- International Airmail Stamp Cost
International Priority Airmail / International Surface Airlift. In addition, Postal Digest Co. Published a monthly guide known as the Official Foreign Air Mail Guide, that provided detailed listings of air mail service to the world from the U.S. And from the world to the U.S. This publication ran from 1940 through 1947. It started as a monthly and ended as a quarterly. The APRL has an issue for 1944.
The maximum weight for an individual IPA item is as follows:
International Air Mail Cost
a. Letter-size item: 3.5 ounces.
b. Flat-size item: 17.6 ounces.
c. Package-size item: 4.4 pounds.
Bulk Mail Prices and First Class Airmail Speeds with Atlas
Atlas International Mail Inc. has longstanding discount agreements with major international postal systems. We offer bulk mail prices and are continually adding key international mailing partners, especially in emerging markets. Thanks to a stronger US Dollar, international mailing costs are going down. Atlas International Mail arranges for many different types of service, and for this reason can create an exclusive solution for you. We’ve helped hundreds of companies save on IPA rates, and we can save you up to 50% on international airmail too.
Get a free no obligation price quote
Click here for service details from the USPS
USPS International Priority Airmail (IPA) Updates
International Priority Airmail continues as a bulk mailing service for First-Class Mail International items with average delivery times of 3–7 business days. Presort, nonpresort, and drop ship discounts as well as volume discounts for commercial customers who meet international customized mail program requirements will remain available. Each IPA mailing must weigh a minimum of 11 pounds.
Finally a separate price group is being established for Australia, and M-bag service is being introduced.
In addition to our upfront no-nonsense pricing, we also offer same day pickup.
How Does The International Mail System Work? How Is Mail ...
- There are six to nine tracking points for Speedpost: (1) Posted; (2) Process completed for departure; (3) Handed over to carrier / Left for destination; (4) Arrived at processing centre (inward office of exchange); (5) Presented to customs (if available); (6) Released from Customs (if available); (7) Arrived at delivery office; and (8) Unsuccessful Delivery or (9) Delivered. [(1) to (3) Provided by Hongkong Post; (4) to (9) Provided by destination postal administrations]
- There are four tracking points for e-Express service: (1) Posted; (2) Handed over to the carrier / Left for destination; (3) Arrival at processing centre (inward office of exchange); and (4) Delivered. [(1) & (2) Provided by Hongkong Post; (3) & (4) Provided by destination postal administrations]
- Tracking points for registered mail / iMail before leaving Hong Kong: (1) Posted; (2) Handed over to the carrier / Left for destination. Processing and delivery information of mail at destination is supplied by the destination postal administration. According to the international postal operation arrangements of the Universal Postal Union, destination postal administrations are not bound to release processing and delivery information of “International Registered Mail”. Overseas destinations, including the USA, Canada, the Netherlands and Germany, have ceased to provide tracking information of registered mail.
- There are four to seven tracking points for Parcel: (1) Posted; (2) Handed over to carrier / Left for destination; (3) Arrived at processing centre (inward office of exchange); (4) Presented to customs (if available); (5) Released from Customs (if available); and (6) Unsuccessful Delivery or (7) Delivered. [(1) & (2) are provided by Hongkong Post; (3) to (7) are provided by destination postal administrations]
- e-Express Service does not come with service for tracing lost or delayed items. Customers may enquire tracking information of their items on the websites of destination postal administrations or of Hongkong Post (HKP) within six months from the date of posting. HKP only processes indemnity claims for loss of an e-Express item originated from Hong Kong.
- The delivery time of Speedpost items varies depending on the destination. Please refer to Speedpost website for details.
- The maximum weight of Speedpost items varies depending on the destination. Please refer to Speedpost website for details.
- Besides compensation for loss or damage of mail item, Speedpost Services (including Standard, Multipack and Freight) also provide compensation for delay in delivery of mail item.
- Mail items to reach recipients for most destination cities which are subject to situation of flight availability, customs clearance, aviation security check, force majeure events, etc as well as the territory coverage. For destinations in extensive territory like Brazil and Russia, it may take more delivery time. Nevertheless, mail items will be treated as priority mail in the destinations, speeding up mail processing.
- Sundays and public holidays are excluded for the purpose of determining the date of posting or arrival in Hong Kong for all mail items and for performance measurement under the performance pledges.
- Land transportation is only applicable to the mail items destined to southern China (including Shenzhen and Guangzhou).
- As the port in Zhuhai is currently closed, Speedpost items destined to Zhuhai are temporarily transported by land. Sea transportation may resume in the future.
- Land transportation is applicable to the mail items destined to China.
- Proof of recipient's signature for Vantage Service is temporarily not available due to the pandemic.
International Air Mail Letter Postage
* Information contained in this issue is for general reference only. For latest updates, please visit relevant product webpage. In case of discrepancy between this issue and the webpage, the respective product webpage version shall prevail.
International Air Mail Postage
*There are some more business solutions services, please visit 'Business Solutions' in the main menu for details.
International Airmail Stamp Cost
[Last updated: 16 March 2021]