Netflix is a giant in the industry of streaming services and has maintained that position for a long time. Windows users along with mobile platforms enjoy the Netflix Application, the ability to download and stream at one’s own convenience. This definitely has brought up the question for many MacOS users: Is Netflix available for Mac? Is there an application? How do I download from Netflix on Mac?
All these questions, along with how to use and download from Netflix on your MacOS will be answered in this article.
1) On dropbox.com again, click “Download Dropbox” on the left side of the webpage. 2) Locate the downloaded file named “Dropbox.dmg” Note: If you’re using Safari, the downloaded file should appear in Safari’s download folder, which you can access by clicking the download icon in the top right hand corner of the browser window.
- More Tips about Macbook Pro, Macbook air and iMac: Apple MacBook now has an outstanding reputation for providing laptops that can perform really well. You have the next-generation MacBook Pro with all the features of the regular Mac, in addition to advanced graphics and processing capabilities.
- Double-click Dropbox Installer.dmg. Within the Dropbox Installer window that opens, double-click the Dropbox icon. A notice will appear warning you the Dropbox is an app downloaded from the internet. Click Open to continue.
- Double-click the installer file. It will be called something like 'DropboxInstaller.dmg.' If you're using Safari, click the icon that has a circle with a downward-pointing arrow, then double-click the installer. If you're using Chrome, the download will appear at the bottom of the Chrome window.
- 1 Netflix for Mac (Everything You Need to Know)
- 1.3 How to Download Netflix Content on Mac
Netflix for Mac (Everything You Need to Know)
Here’s everything you should be knowing about this.
Is the Netflix App Available for Mac?
Sadly, no. For unknown reasons, Netflix does not have a desktop application for MacOS, even though it has an application for Windows, Android, and iOS. This means that to stream Netflix Content, you will have to visit netflix.com on any of the following browsers. Here is a list of the supported browsers with the streaming quality:
- Google Chrome up to 720p
- Mozilla Firefox up to 720p
- Opera up to 720p
- Safari up to 1080p
How to Use Netflix on MacOS
To use Netflix on your Mac, open any of the supported browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari Browsers.
- In the Web browser, visit netflix.com.
- Select the Sign In Option on the top right corner
- Enter your Credentials
That’s it! Start using Netflix for your Mac and stream any available content you want!
How to Download Netflix Content on Mac
There are tons of websites claiming to provide the Netflix Application for your Mac and that you can easily download Netflix content. However, most of these Netflix Apps for Mac are infested with malware and will harm your Mac instead of actually helping you download Netflix content for Mac. Thus, there is no straightforward way with which you can download movies and shows from Netflix and watch.
However, here we have compiled 3 methods that you can use if you are really desperate to watch downloaded content for Netflix on your Mac. Let’s get started!
1. Download Windows on Your Mac
Since Netflix is available for Windows, you can download Windows on your Mac, run it and install the Netflix app there to watch the downloaded content. It may be a bit tedious, but if you really want to download Content from Netflix, it works.
Boot Camp is a tool present in MacOS that can help you install Windows for your Mac. Here is a full guide on How to Run Windows on Mac.
- Once Windows has been installed, you can visit the Windows Store and Search for the Netflix App
- Get the Netflix App from Windows Store, and then log in to start using and Downloading from Netflix!
2. Using Other iOS/Android Device: iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Since Netflix App is not available for your Mac, to download and stream content you can use your mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPad, or an Android Device that supports the Netflix application. You can easily download content from Netflix on any of these platforms and stream them using a casting service.
This is a pretty simple method to download and watch Netflix content on your Mac, even though it may not be as convenient as downloading on your Mac computer itself.
3. Using Screen Capture
Although Netflix is taking measures to prevent users from, it is a risky method, but one that you can take to download Netflix content. Basically, all you require is a Screen Capture software for your Mac, and stream the entire movie/TV Show.
Recording Netflix content, however, come with huge risks as capturing and keeping it yourself might still be fine, but distributing the downloaded content with others is illegal.
We would advise against this, but if you really want the downloaded content from Netflix for Mac, you can do this.
Popular Screen Capture Software for Mac
Here’s a list of some Screen Capture applications that you can use on your Mac while capturing from Netflix:
Install Dropbox On My Computer
- OBS Studio
- QuickTime Player
If you want other software, you can find them on the internet. These software help you download content from Netflix on Mac.
Install Dropbox On Macbook Pro
Even though Netflix is not available as an application for Macbook (yet), you can stream it using the Netflix website very easily. As for downloading content, that might be a bit of discomfort to Mac users, but we have provided the best possible ways for you to do that. If you have any queries regarding the information or methods described above, you can drop us a comment below and we’ll do our best to get back to you with a relevant answer.
Keep on reading more interesting articles on our website.