- Imessage Group Text Not Working
- Imessage Group Chat Not Working
- Imessage Group Photo
- Imessage Group Names
- How To Remove Someone From Imessage Group
Oct 14, 2020 Only iMessage group chats let you name a group, add or remove people, send inline replies, or leave the group. You can tell the difference between an iMessage group chat versus an MMS or SMS group chat by the message colors. If all the message bubbles are blue, then you’re using iMessage. MMS and SMS messages appear in green. Types of group messages The three types of group messages that you might see are: group iMessage, group MMS, and group SMS. The Messages app automatically chooses the type of group message to send based on you and your recipients' settings, network connection, and carrier plan.
It can be frustrating getting text messages that you don’t want to receive. Whether they are from an old fling, or they are spam messages from a less-than-reputable company, there is a way to prevent them from reaching your phone at all. Here’s how to block text messages from a single caller and group messages on an iPhone.
How to Block Text Messages on an iPhone
To block text messages from a single number on your iPhone open the Messages app and select a text message from the number you want to block. Then tap the profile icon >info > Info and select Block this Caller.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone. This is the app with a green and white speech bubble icon on your home screen.
- Then open the text message from the number you want to block.
- Next, tap the profile icon at the top of your screen.
- Then tap the info button that appears.
- Next, tap the info button. You will see this just below the large profile icon in the next screen.
- Then, tap Block this Caller.
- Finally, tap Block Contact on the pop-up menu. Once you block a text messages from any number, you will see an option to Unblock the Caller at the bottom of your screen. You can tap this at any time to unblock the number.
Doing this will mean that you won’t receive text messages or phone calls from that number again. However, the number will remain in your contact list in case you ever want to unblock them in the future.
How to Block a Group Text on an iPhone
To block a group text on your iPhone, open the Messages app and select the group text you want to block. Then tap the info button and tap the slider next to Leave Conversation.
As long as there are other people (minimum ofthree) in the group text, members can leave a group text any time they want.
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Then select the group text you want to block.
- Next, tap the profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Then tap info.
- Next, tap Leave this Conversation.
- Finally, tap Leave this Conversation in the pop-up and select Done. You will see this in the top-right corner of your screen.
Note: You’ll only be able to leave a conversation if someone else created the conversation, and everyone in the group chat is using iMessage. If anyone is not using iMessage, this option will be greyed out, and you will be unable to leave the group.
You won’t get notifications from this group textanymore, but you will still see individual messages from the other members ofthe group.
If you don’t want to leave the conversation, but you don’t want to see the messages for a period of time, you can also hide the alerts. To do this, tap the slider next to the Hide Alerts button. You will then see a crescent moon icon next to the group conversation.
If you’re looking to block messages from a spam company, check out our guide on how to enable the Silence Unknown Callers feature on an iPhone.
Was this article helpful?
Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
For more information on this, take a look at:
Imessage Group Text Not Working
iOS: Troubleshooting Messages
To resolve issues with sending and receiving iMessages, follow these steps first
- Check iMessage system status for current service issues.
- Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and make sure that you have registered iMessage with your phone number or Apple ID and that you have selected iMessage for use. Learn more about troubleshooting iMessage registration if the phone number or Apple ID isn't available for use.
- Open Safari and navigate to www.apple.com to verify data connectivity. Learn more about troubleshootingcellular data or a Wi-Fi connection if a data connection isn't available.
- iMessage over cellular data might not be available while on a call. Only 3G and faster GSM networks support simultaneous data and voice calls. Learn more about which network your phone supports. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi on to use iMessage while on a call if your network doesn't support simultaneous data and voice calls.
- Restart your device.
- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.
Imessage Group Chat Not Working
Imessage Group Photo
Best of luck,
Imessage Group Names
How To Remove Someone From Imessage Group
Jan 9, 2014 12:21 PM