This is a wiki containing user-contributed recipes, tips, and tricks for the Apache HTTP Server (aka Apache Web Server or httpd).
By default, the httpd service does not start automatically at boot time. If you would wish to have Apache startup at boot time, you will need to add a call to apachectl in your startup files within the rc.N directory. A typical file used is rc.local.As this starts Apache as root, it is recommended to properly configure your security and authentication before adding this call. The Apache HTTP Server is a powerful and flexible HTTP/1.1 compliant web server. Originally designed as a replacement for the NCSA HTTP Server, it has grown to be the most popular web server on the Internet. The Apache HTTP Server ('httpd') was launched in 1995 and it has been the most popular web server on the Internet since April 1996. It has celebrated its 25th birthday as a project in February 2020. The Apache HTTP Server is a project of The Apache Software Foundation. Apache httpd 2.4.46 Released 2020-08-07 ¶. Apache Software Foundation. Httpd.exe is an executable file that belongs to the Apache HTTP Server, a open-source implementation of a Web Server. This is not an essential Windows process and can be disabled if known to create problems. The Apache HTTP Server was created to fulfil the role of a free web server software that could be modified. Apache HTTP Server Wiki. This is a wiki containing user-contributed recipes, tips, and tricks for the Apache HTTP Server (aka Apache Web Server or httpd). As this is a public wiki, please remember to consult the official documentation to verify what you read here.
As this is a public wiki, please remember to consult the official documentation to verify what you read here. (If something here breaks your website, sorry!) Nevertheless, we hope you find this information useful!
- Face to Face - Opportunities to meet httpd developers or users.
- Contributing - Find out how to contribute to this wiki
- Info - Useful information and documentation
- Developer - Information on the internals and module development
- Log messages - Detailed explanations, and their solutions
- Application quirks - Known incompatibilities between httpd and backend apps or user agents.
- Platform quirks - Build/install/run hints and workarounds for specific OS's
- Compatibility - Interaction between httpd, browsers and other user-agents, and other servers
- Recipes - Configuration examples, and their results
- Rewrite - Various guides for mod_rewrite
- Scratch pad - For new documentation - Howto's, document enhancements, etc.
- Interacting - Integration with third party modules and services.
- Translations - Unofficial translations of the official documentation, in hope of easing the review process.
- PHP - Installation instructions for PHP on Apache.
- FAQ - httpd FAQ sandbox
- SSL - (mod)SSL related topics
Httpd Apache Configuration
- Browse the official documentation (for the latest release - 2.4.x)
- Find books on the Apache HTTP Server and other ASF projects.
Apache Httpd Download
You might want to look at the TitleIndex to view all the pages on this site.