Removing apps is a quick-and-simple way to free up space. You can always grab them again later if you want to. Employ the services of a smart Android Management tool such as Syncios Mobile Manager (free) to clear up useless apps with app data and game save, backup apps to your. Free up space on your Android device. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Photos app. Sign in to your Google Account. Tap your account profile photo or initial Photos settings Free up.
If you’re an avid Android app user, you’ll definitely reach the point of no more storage space. And if you have, the last thing you want to do is start deleting apps that you use all the time.
Fortunately, Android has built-in settings that allow you to free up storage space on your phone without deleting the apps you use or losing valuable pictures & videos. Here are three helpful tips to manage your phone’s storage:
1. Check to see which apps and files are taking up the most space.
Here’s how to find out much storage space apps and files are using:
- Go to Settings>Storage to see how much storage is available. There, you’ll see a list of how much storage is available. You’ll also see a list of types of storage (apps, audio & video, photos, etc.) and how much space each type is using on your phone.
- On that list, tap Downloads to see the files you’ve downloaded. You can select the files you want to delete and choose the Delete icon at the top to get rid of these files.
- To find out how much space apps are using, go back to the Storage menu and tap They appear in order of how much space the app takes up, with the ones using the most space on the top. To save space, try these options:
- Clear Cache: A phone’s cache stores files so a website or app loads more quickly. By clearing the cache, you can free up space on your phone.
- Clear Data: Clearing data can give you more space on your phone, but be carefully it will wipe out your settings, login info, game progress, etc. Some apps (like Facebook & Twitter) are automatically backed up online, so once you log in, all your information and settings will be saved.
2. Copy photos and videos from your phone to a computer or to the cloud.
To free up space on your phone, you can copy pictures and videos to a computer or laptop. Another benefit of doing this is that you’ll have a backup of your photos if you lose your phone or it breaks. After making copies, you can delete them from your phone.
Back them up to your computer:
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Once your phone is plugged in, you’ll see a pop-up showing your phone’s folders.
- Navigate to the folder that contains your images (Usually it’s called the DCIM folder) and open it.
- Click & drag each image to transfer it to your computer.
Or even easier:
- Use an app like Google Photos to back up your photos to the cloud so you can delete them from your phone.
- After backing up photos using Google Photos, go to the app’s menu and choose Free up space. Google Photos will find the photos that are already backed up and ask if you want to remove them from your phone.
3. Adjust the settings in your camera app so your pictures and videos are smaller in file size.
How To Free Up Space On My Cell Phone Battery
Your camera app should have settings for the size of your pictures and videos. Open your camera app and tap the settings icon in the upper left. There, you can adjust the following settings to save space on your phone:
- Picture Size: You can choose either a smaller or higher megapixel setting. While a higher megapixel gives you a sharper picture, it also takes up more space.
- Video Quality: Most camera apps let you choose the image quality. The higher resolution you choose, the more space the files take up. Plus, video files are much larger than pictures, so be careful to not take long videos.
Use these tips to free up space on your Android phone so you can keep using it for the things you need.
Don’t have a smartphone? You may qualify for a free smartphone with free monthly service so you’re available for your kids at any time, from Q Link Wireless. Signing up is fast and easy. You’ll qualify if you receive:
- Food stamps (SNAP/EBT)
- Social Security (SSI)
- Section 8
- VA Pension or Survivors Pension
- Low income.
Click here to sign up and get 3 Gigs of Data, plus UNLIMITED talk & text. Q Link Wireless is the nation;s fastest growing provider of the Federal Lifeline Assistance program.
To receive FREE phone service, you first must be approved through the National Verifier. You can bring your own phone and keep your number to experience our 5G network coverage. We will ship you a FREE SIM Card Kit so you can get UNLIMITED talk & text if you already participate in government programs such as SNAP and Medicaid. Once approved, you can begin the phone activation process to receive FREE phone service online.© Provided by Business Insider You can clear your iCloud storage on your iPhone, iPad and by going to the iCloud website on your Mac. SOPA Images/Getty Images
- You can clear an iCloud account's storage in several ways to free up space and avoid having to pay for extra storage.
- Apple gives you 5 GB of iCloud storage with the purchase of one of its devices, and that can fill up fast.
- Most often, your iCloud storage goes towards backing up your photos, files, voice memos, apps, and text messages.
Unless you pay for an iCloud subscription, Apple gives you 5GB of storage with any device's purchase. That's not a lot of space, and you can quickly find that you don't have enough room for your photos, iCloud Drive files, and other data from your phone or tablet.
You can upgrade your iCloud subscription, but it's cheaper to clear out space in your iCloud account. You can delete files, photos, app backups, voice memos, and more from your iCloud Drive directly on your Apple device or through the iCloud website.
Typically, these things and all their associated data get backed up to iCloud by default. This can be both a blessing and a curse, particularly if the things you want to be backed up take up a lot of storage space. But you can save a substantial amount of space by disabling automatic backups, especially when it comes to your largest apps.
You can also delete text messages and any of the videos or images attached to them. While deleting individual texts won't save much space, you can remove entire conversations and the media associated with them, which can help significantly.
Here's how to clear your iCloud storage and free up more space.
How to clear iCloud storage
Delete photos from iCloud storage
By default, iCloud backs up all your photos and videos to the cloud. Over time, that adds up to a lot of pictures. You can save space by deleting any images you no longer want. It's possible to do this from your iPhone, iPad, or the iCloud website. As long as Google Photos is enabled, any pictures you delete in one location are automatically deleted everywhere. Here's how to delete photos from iCloud.
Delete files and folders from the iCloud website
1. Open iCloud.com in a browser.
2. Log in with your Apple ID.
3. Click 'iCloud Drive.'
4. To delete a folder, select it and then click the Delete icon.
5. To delete files, double-click a folder.
6. Hold down CTRL while clicking each file.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider You can remove a single or multiple iCloud files using the CTRL-key. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
7. Select the Delete icon.
Delete unwanted files in iCloud Drive from your iPad or iPhone
1. On your iPhone or iPad, launch the Files app.
2. Tap 'Browse' at the bottom of the screen.
3. In the Locations section, select 'iCloud Drive.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider You can delete files and folders to free up space in iCloud using the Files app on your iPhone or iPad. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
4. To delete an entire folder, tap 'Select' in the screen's top right.
5. Then, choose the folder and tap the Delete icon.
6. To delete files, open the folder they're contained in.
7. Use 'Select' to choose files and delete them.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider Select each file you want to delete and then send them to the trash. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
Delete app backups from iCloud on your iPhone or iPad
How To Free Up Space On My Cell Phones
1. Start the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap your account name at the top of the screen.
3. Select 'iCloud.'
4. Choose 'Manage Storage' on the next screen.
5. Tap 'Backups.'
6. A list of your Apple devices being backed up to iCloud will appear. Select the name of the device you are currently using.
7. In the Choose Data to Back Up section, you should now see a list of the five apps that take up the most space on iCloud.
8. Turn off the backup feature for any of these apps by swiping the button to the left.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider You can save a lot of storage space by not backing up your largest apps. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
9. To see more options and disable more apps by tapping 'Show All Apps.'
10. Repeat this process for any of your other Apple devices from that respective device.
Delete voice memos from iCloud on your iPhone or iPad
1. Start the Voice Memos app on your iPad or iPhone
2. Swipe a voice memo to the left.
3. Tap the Delete icon.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider You can delete any voice memo, but you'll need to remove it from the Recently Deleted section to reclaim the space immediately. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
4. Select 'Recently Deleted.'
5. Tap the recording you just deleted.
6. Choose 'Delete' to permanently remove the voice memo, which will be erased on its own after 30 days.
Delete text messages and their large attachments on an iPhone or iPad
1. On your iPhone or iPad, start the Messages app.
2. Locate a conversation that has attachments you want to remove.
3. Select the person's name at the top of the screen.
4. Choose 'Info.'© Dave Johnson/Business Insider A contact's info can often be found by tapping the 'i' icon. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
5. On the Details page, photos should appear in a grid. Scroll and tap the 'See All Photos' link below them.
6. Tap 'Select' at the top of the screen.
7. Select each photo you want to remove.
8. Tap 'Delete.'
9. Go to the iMessage app.
10. Select the text thread you want to delete.
11. Swipe it to the left.© Dave Johnson/Business Insider This method will delete an entire conversation, including all its photo and video attachments. Dave Johnson/Business Insider
12. Tap 'Delete.'