Free that out so you can enjoy yourself an availability of space. Free up space on Android Nougat. Meanwhile in Android 7.0 Nougat and below, just tap an option to see exactly what is taking up your space and delete it. For instance, you could click on Apps to see the list of which among them using up the most space in your storage and remove them. Android devices are fantastic for their ease of use and customization options, however eventually all your precious space is filled. We will look at ways to effectively free up Android phone storage. This problem is particularly acute for phones more than a year old; performance is impacted if the user does not release Android phone storage. If you want to avoid running out of storage space on your Android device, then don’t download music, TV shows, or movies on your Android phone or tablet. Instead, opt for streaming services such as. Removing apps is a quick-and-simple way to free up space. You can always grab them again later if you want to. Employ the services of a smart Android Management tool such as Syncios Mobile Manager (free) to clear up useless apps with app data and game save, backup apps to.
Now An android device becomes the common household appliance for the modern people and users become dependent on these devices. These devices are used for daily works along with entertainment. In this digital age, people of all ages, organizations, companies are rapidly communicating via Android device, creating important digital documents such as text files, photos, audio and video contents.
The internal storage space of Android phones and tablets can be quickly clutter and insufficient since you have downloaded some apps, taken many photos, added media files such as music and films, and user's cache data. To clear the caches and junk files has become the weekly even daily ritual.
The insufficient storage space can prevent you from installing or using another app. What's more, you may find that you take a long time to boot your device, or slowly open an APP. Of course, the short of storage space can slow down the Android device as well as disabled to use some applications. The following are top five ways to free up your storage space of Android.
Before freeing up the storage space
These six methods can divide into three groups depending on the device you have.
- Ways for all Android devices.
- Ways for all Android devices but require an external SD card connected to your device.
- Ways for Android devices but require an root access.
1. Remove Caches and Junk Files by Using Built-in Storage Tool ( All Androids )
The storage pane of modern versions of Android device shows exactly what is taking up storage on device and then to clear the caches and junk files. And you may do this work weekly or daily.
- Go to 'Setting' and tap 'Storage'.
- Clear the cached data or clear the data of every option.
- Uninstall or delete useless apps or images.
- You can also install an APP help you to do this work.
2. Remove Logs folders hogging too much storage space ( all Androids )
A 'logs' folder appears that can grow extremely huge, even can up to 1GB in size and it occupies a slice of space of the internal memory. If you delete the log files then easily your Android smartphone will get some free space. If the folder size is insignificant, you may as well not remove it.
- Go to 'File Manager'.
- Check if there is a 'logs' folder.
- Delete the folder.
3. Move the photos and videos to an added external SD card ( SD card )
Most of users use the camera of a phone more than a camera like Canon to shot photos to remember the precious time. The storage space can be filled significantly by the photos and videos compared with the caches and junk file. What’s more, this can happen silently, creeping up on you even if you take a few pictures or videos each day, such that one day suddenly your Android internal storage will be overwhelmed seemingly without explanation.
How To Free Up Space On Android Tablet Screen
Of course, you can delete some photos and videos you don't like or move them to the PC, but there is no need to do that since the external SD card has much free space. Easy to do that:
- Get a SD card. Many Android devices ship with SD card slots, although they are becoming less and less common on new devices.
- Go to the camera APP 'SETTING'.
- Tap the 'Storage' and select 'Memory card'.
4. Move the APPs or the Save Folder of Media APPs to External SD Card ( SD card )
A smart phone is more important than a computer to many users for its convenience. Many users would rather use a phone to watch the videos on YouTube or listen to the podcast on Android. These media APPs always eat up much internal storage space as well as the save folder during the downloading or watching without realizing what is going on until the internal storage space is fully occupied. What to do about these intensive used APPs:
- Find out the APPs that you download media consistently,such as audios, videos, images and so on.
- Move those APPs which are moveable to SD card.
- Move the default folder where a media app save its data since the APPs are not moveable. Go to the APP SETTING, switch the default save folder to external SD card.
- Download and install an alternative app. There are numerous of APPs on the Google Play, the same kind may have the same functions, then to find the one which occupies the storage least.
- Get rid of seldom used APP.
5. Uninstall the bloatwares (root access )
The bloatwares are those APPs can't be removed which are loaded and preinstalled by manufactures and carriers. You seldom use these apps but can't be uninstalled also can eat up your storage space. In order to uninstall them, first you must have root access.
- Root your Android device. KingoRoot apk is a one-click root tool for free. You can download and install for rooting. ( root tutorial click here )
- Download a third-party app to help you, such as System APP Remover.
- Delete the bloatware.
6. Android Storage Manger Apps to Free Up Storage Space.( root access )
If you have rooted your device and performed the process as above ways. However you can deeply free up your storage space. Using third party app can easily manage Android storage space with one click.
- Storage Analyser Storage Analyser is a powerful app to analyze your Android storage. You will be able to analyze the device system partitions, internal, external SD cards or the usb storage without rooting devices.
- Disk & Storage Analyzer [Root]. This app will display information about the stored apps, multimedia files or data on the internal and external SD card without any ads or virus but to cost for $ 1.99. Root access is needed.
- MEGA Storage Manager. MEGA Storage Manager App will provide you the cloud services. You will get access to the MEGA cloud from Android device. Now you will able to store your images, documents or other files and folders in the cloud safely and can keep free storage space on your Android device.
KingoRoot on Windows
KingoRoot Android on Windows has the highest success rate. It supports almost any Android device and version.
KingoRoot for Android
KingoRoot for Android is the most convenient and powerful apk root tool. Root any Android device and version without connecting to PC.