Note: If it’s been fewer than 10 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, your previous version of Windows will be listed as a system file you can delete.If you need to free up drive space, you can delete it, but keep in mind that you'll be deleting your Windows.old folder, which contains files that give you the option to go back to your previous version of Windows.
Memory leak is confusing a great many users. If you are also struggling to figure it out, you come to the right place. In today’s post, MiniTool will discuss what memory leak Windows 10 is and provide you with corresponding solutions.
Quick Navigation :
- Make your computer automatically clear RAM cache memory-Follow these easy steps to free cache memory on your system-1. Download EmptyStandbyList on your computer. Choose a particular place and then click on “Save” to save the application. Close the browser window. Click on the Search box beside Windows icon and type “Task Scheduler.
- In essence, freeing up memory so that more memory is available to you! RAM Analyzer – MemPlus can help recover the specification of the RAM that is installed on your system. This information can be exported in TEXT, HTML, CSV and Excel formats. ↓ 10 – Memory Optimizer Not Free Anymore Windows.
- Windows 10 has a handy feature called Storage Sense, which monitors the storage space on your PC, then jumps in and cleans things up if you’re running low. It does basic things like clean your Recycle Bin, remove old files in your Downloads folder, and delete temporary files on your PC.
What Is a Memory Leak
Did you find this phenomenon? Your computer doesn’t run so effectively anymore. This may be caused by memory leaks. Memory leak refers to the RAM memory loss in Windows due to an app or program.
When opening the Task Manager, you may find a certain app is taking much memory, which leads to slow running. Sometimes, you cannot deal with even the easiest tasks in Windows. Windows 10 memory leak is an issue related to software. So, you don’t have to worry your RAM is damaged physically.
In a word, memory leak is an issue that a program is taking up more memory than it should be. Please keep reading to get the windows 10 memory leak fix.
Solution 1. Close the Processes and Restart Your Computer
The first windows 10 memory leak fix is to close the processes in Task Manager. Here is how to do that.
Step 1. Right-click the Start button and select Task Manager from the contextual menu.
Step 2. In the Processes tab, select the program that is using the most memory and click End task to close that program.
Step 3. Restart your computer. As you know, RAM memory only stores data of running processes. So, the memory will get empty when you restart the computer.
If this method fails to work, just move on to the next methods.
Solution 2. Check Your Computer for Memory Problems
In fact, using Task Manager is not enough to fix the problem entirely. If you want to have a deeper analysis of this problem, you need to check your memory in the system. You can use Windows built-in tool Memory diagnostic. It can scan your computer for the memory problem.
You can read this post “Here Are Free RAM Test Programs to Check Your Computer’s RAM” to know more details.
Solution 3. Update Your Device Drivers
Outdated devices drivers can cause a variety of problems such as hardware device not connecting code 45, D3DCOMPILER_47.dll is missing, the one we discussed here and so on.
So, it would be better that you update the device drivers. You can update the drivers via Device Manager. Here’s how.
Step 1. Type devicemng in the search box and select Device Manager.
Step 2. Expand the Display adapters, and then right-click the drive that you want to update and select the Properties.
Step 3. In the new window, go to the Driver tab and click Update Driver button.
Step 4. There are 2 options to update device drivers: automatically or manually. You can choose one based on your needs.
Solution 4. Adjust for Best Performance
Adjusting for best performance will address processor scheduling, memory usage, which can mitigate memory leaks.
Step 1. Right-click on This PC on the desktop and select Advanced.
Step 2. Go to the Advanced system settings > Advanced tab.
Step 3. Click Performance, then select the box of the Adjust for best performance and click OK to save this change.
Solution 5. Disable Programs Running on Startup
The programs running on Startup will take up your memory as well. Many users resolve the issue simply by disabling the programs running on Startup.
Step 1. Open the Task Manager and navigate to the Startup section.
Step 2. Select the running program that you want to disable, a0nd click the Disable button.
Solution 6. Defrag Your Hard Drive
Defragging hard drive not only optimizes your hard disk but also makes your memory management be better. You can follow the steps below to defrag your hard drive.
Step 1. Click This PC in File Explorer.
Step 2. Right-click the drive that you want to defrag, and then go to the Tools tab and click the Optimize button.
Step 3. Select a drive that you want to defrag and click the Analyze button.
Step 4. Restart your computer after the defragmentation completes.
How To Free Up Virtual Memory Windows 10
Well, you can use some defragmentation software to optimize your hard drive too.
The 6 windows 10 memory leak fixes has been told to you. Now, it’s your turn to have a try.
When you copy any content on your Windows 10 computer, the copied content remains available on the Clipboard and can be seen by anyone with access to your computer. Hence, let us take a look at how to Clear the Clipboard on a Windows 10 Computer.
Why Clear Clipboard in Windows 10
Clipboard can be described as a special or dedicated storage location in RAM, used by the computers to store bits of data on a temporary basis.
When you copy text, image or any other kind of information on your computer using the (Ctrl+C) command, the information is stored on the Clipboard and remains accessible, even after you have executed the Paste command.
For this reason, the data stored on the Clipboard of your computer can turn out to be a security risk, in case you are using a public computer or your computer can be accessed by others. This is especially true, in case you have the habit of copying and pasting passwords and other sensitive data on your computer.
Hence, it makes all the sense to get into the habit of clearing the Clipboard, as soon as you are done using your Computer.
Clear Clipboard in Windows 10
There are multiple ways to clear the Clipboard on your Windows 10 computer and you can make use of any of the methods as described below.
1. Copy Other Content
Since the clipboard on your computer holds one-time data only, you can simply copy other content which is not personal or sensitive in nature.
How To Free Up Memory On Pc
For example, let us assume that you were working on a sensitive Microsoft Word Document. You can rule out all the chances of any sensitive data remaining on the Clipboard by simply copying a single word or any other data which is meaningless and not confidential or sensitive in any way.
This way, you will be replacing any sensitive information on the Clipboard with some random word or meaningless data which can never be misused by anyone.
2. Use Print Screen
Pressing the Print Screen key on the keyboard of your computer is another way of clearing Clipboard on your Windows 10 computer. This will replace the sensitive data on Clipboard with a screen shot of your Desktop.
3. Restart your computer
Although this can be rather inconvenient, restarting your computer is another way of clearing the Clipboard on a Windows 10 computer.
Since, the data on the Clipboard is stored on the RAM, restarting the computer clears this temporary data from your computer.
4. Create Shortcut to Clear Clipboard
In case you have a frequent need to clear the Clipboard, you may want to create a dedicated shortcut on the desktop of your computer to help you clear the Clipboard on your Windows 10 computer.
1. Right-click anywhere (Empty space) on the Screen of your Windows 10 Computer. This will activate a Contextual menu on the desktop of your computer.
2. In the Contextual menu, click on New (1) and then click on Shortcut (2) in the side-menu that appears (See image below)
3. Next, type cmd /c echo off. clip as the location for the shortcut and click on Next (See image below)
4. On the next screen, type any Name for the shortcut and click on Finish.
5. You should be able to see the Clear Clipboard shortcut icon created on the Desktop of your Computer.
As you can see in the above image, the shortcut looks like a Command Prompt window. In case you feel like, you can change the look of this shortcut by following the steps below.
1. Right-click on the Clipboard shortcut Icon and then click on Properties in the contextual menu (See image below).
2. On the Clipboard Properties Screen, click on the Change Icon… button and then select an appropriate icon for this shortcut (See image below)
How to Use Clear Clipboard Shortcut
Let us now take a look at how to Clear Clipboard in Windows 10 using the Clear Clipboard Shortcut that we created above.
1. Copy some Content and paste it into a Notepad or Word Document.
Now the content that you just copied is still available on the Clipboard and can be accessed by anyone with access to your computer.
2. Next, double-click on the Clear Clipboard shortcut. You will see a Black Screen popping up and disappearing on the screen of your computer.
3. Now, try to Paste (Ctrl+V) the clipboard content into a Notepad or MS Word Document.
You will see that nothing will be pasted on the document, confirming that “Clear Clipboard” shortcut is working on your Windows 10 computer.
In general, the idea is to make sure that you remember to clear the Clipboard on your Windows 10 computer. This will rule out the possibility of any confidential or sensitive data being available on the Clipboard of your computer.