Random access memory, or RAM, is the short-term or operating memory on your personal computer, and it is accountable for how the PC runs. As you continue to use your Windows PC, the available RAM (Random Access Memory) decreases. This happens as you install new programs, download applications, keep some unused files or create new files. Over time, your computer begins to slow down. Programs take longer time to launch and in the worst scenarios your computer runs into errors.
Such slow-running PCs are frustrating, and misused RAM is a key culprit why computers become sluggish. With a few simple troubleshooting steps and guidelines, you can free up RAM space and improve your computer's performance. Read below to know such steps:
On Windows 10, Storage Sense is a feature that allows you to quickly delete junk files (including previous installation files after an upgrade and temporary files) to free up space on the primary. Restarting your computer system will clear memory saved on RAM and reset all the running programs and applications. However, this method won’t clear the complete memory but it will boost up the processing speed of the system. By cleaning up apps running on the background on Windows 10. Update The Windows 10 & Softwares. SUBSCRIBE HERE - #how #to #clear #ram #cache #memoryHow to clear your Ram cache memory space in this tutorial. Pay very close attentio. If your device is running out of space, then use these twelve effective ways to delete junk files, apps, and games to free up storage on Windows 10. When the hard drive fills up, Windows 10.
Uninstall the installed Programs
The RAM decreases as you install new programs on your computer; the more you install the programs the slower it will become. For everything appears on your computer takes up a certain amount of system resources. Over time, your computer gets more and more slowly, the boot time extends, and all programs take longer to launch. Hence, to get rid of this, just uninstall all the programs that are not needed keep only the required programs.
For this just follow the below steps:
- Click Windows Start button -> Control Panel -> Locate the programs you are no longer use -> Double-click Add or Remove Programs-> follow the instructions to uninstall the programs.
- After this just remove the delete the setup files of those uninstalled programs For this go to Start -> Program Files -> locate the uninstalled programs just delete them and empty the recycle bin.
Uninstall invalid and corrupt registry entries
Installing new applications will create new registry entries, even after uninstalling the programs will not remove its registries; they might remain where they've been stored. Over time, your computer will turn into mess. So remember to cleanup registry entries when you uninstall a program.
Click Windows Start button -> Click Run ->Type- regedit -> press enter to launch the Registry Editor -> Locate the uninstalled application -> Right-click on it and select Delete
Clear Windows Cache (Internet files)
As you open new site or pages on your internet browser, the address and other login information will be saved in a temporary files and Browser history to facilitate easy access when you need it the next time. However, this would even lead to unnecessary cache memory and hence needs to be removed.
- In control Panel, locate the Internet Options icon Double-click on it. Under “Temporary Internet Files” click Delete files and then “OK” to confirm. Once all files have been deleted, exit Control Panel.
- Open the browser, click on the Settings option and select History and now just select “Clear Browsing History” this will remove all the history and even free up the cache
- Click the “Start” button -> enter .tmp in the search field. You will find a list of temp files, browse through them and delete all unnecessary .tmp files.
Clear Junk files, temporary desktop files, log files etc...
As and when you use your system, your RAM memory will filled with some unused old files and other junk files. Hence one has to get rid of such files. For this you can use the Windows default tool called “Disk Cleanup”. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools ->Disk Cleanup
- Under Disk Cleanup tab and you will find many categories check on the following: Temporary Internet Files, Recycle Bin, Temporary Remote Desktop Files, Offline Files, Temporary Files, Compress Old Files and Setup Log Files.
- Now click the “More Options” tab and under “System Restore” hit the “Cleanup” button. (It removes all the System Restore points except the most recent one)
- Click the Disk Cleanup and click OK
Free Ram For Windows 10
This will delete all the unnecessary files on your Windows system and free up your RAM. Now your PC is free from unwanted programs and files, thus increases PC performance. Didn't you feel this as a lengthy procedure and requires extra care and time. Instead you can just make use of the Remo Privacy Cleaner software that will do this for you in just one single click. This tool can quickly uninstalls all the programs, removes internet cache and temporary files, erases the junk files, log files etc. Thus with one tool you can perform all the above steps in just a single click.