The cache memory of RAM is a very small portion of the standard memory of your system, but the cache memory operates at a very high speed, allowing the applications/ programs to utilize its speed to run its users faster. But, sometimes due to memory leak or some bad exe files the amount of free cache memory can decrease, which eventually slows down your computer.
- How To Clear Ram Memory In Windows 10 Computer
- Clear Ram On Windows
- How To Free Up Memory Ram On Windows 10
Make your computer automatically clear RAM cache memory-
How To Clear Ram Memory In Windows 10 Computer
Follow these easy steps to free cache memory on your system-
1. Download EmptyStandbyList on your computer.
2. Choose a particular place and then click on “Save” to save the application.
Warnings: There are warnings when you open application, pop-up box appears showing Not enough RAM, either extend or delete data. It means your RAM is full and you have to remove data from it or manage it. Let us start how you can easily speed up your PC by cleaning your RAM from Windows PC. Clean Windows PC RAM and Speed up Performance. If you use Windows 10, you can do a quick disk check using a Command prompt. Start the prompt as the administrator and type in these letters 'chkdsk C:/f then tap Enter. You can replace the letter C with the letter on your hard drive partition.
Close the browser window.
- Make your computer automatically clear RAM cache memory-Follow these easy steps to free cache memory on your system-1. Download EmptyStandbyList on your computer. Choose a particular place and then click on “Save” to save the application. Close the browser window. Click on the Search box beside Windows icon and type “Task Scheduler.
- Random access memory (RAM) is an important and fast type of short-term storage your computer uses to hold data that is in-use. This short-term storage is used for whatever applications your computer is running, such as browsing or word processing. RAM clears when you shut down your computer.
3. Click on the Search box beside Windows icon and type “Task Scheduler“.
4. Click on “Task Scheduler” from the elevated Search result to open Task Scheduler.
5. In the Task Scheduler window, on the right-hand side, click on “Create Task…“.
6. In Create Task window, name the task “Cache Cleaner“.
7. Now, click on “Create User or Groups…“.
8. Click on “Advanced“.
9. In Select User or Groups window, click on “Find Now“.
10. In the Search results: scroll down and then select “SYSTEM“.
11. Finally, click on “OK” to save the changes.
12. Now, click on “OK” to save the changes.
13. Coming back to Create Task window, checkthe option “Run with highest privileges“.
14. Click on the drop-down beside ‘Configure for:’ and select “Windows 10“.
15. Now, go to the “Triggers” tab.
16. Click on “New…“.
17. In the New Trigger window, under ‘Advanced settings‘ set the ‘Repeat task every:’ to “5 minutes“.
18. And set ‘for a duration of:‘ to “Indefinitely“.
19. In the same window, checkthe option “Enabled“.
20. Click on “OK” to save the trigger settings.
21. Now, go to the “Actions” tab.
22. Then, click on “New…“.
23. In the New Action window, click on “Browse“.
24. Now, navigate to the location where you have downloaded the ‘EmptyStandbyList‘ application.
25. Select the application and then click on “Open“.
26. Now, click on “OK” to save the action.
27. Coming back to the “Create Task” window, click on “OK” to save the task.
28. In the Task Scheduler window, click on “Refresh” to refresh the tasks list.
Clear Ram On Windows
That’s it! From now on at a regular interval of 5 minutes, this ‘Cache Cleaner‘ task will automatically run on your computer to clean cache memory.
In case if you want to delete this task, follow these simple steps to do so-
1. In the Task Scheduler window, on the left hand, select “Task Scheduler Library“.
2. On the right-hand side of the same window, scroll down to see the task “Cache Cleaner“.
3. Now, right-click on “Cache Cleaner“.
4. Then, click on “Delete” to delete the task from your computer.
5. Click on “Yes” when you will be asked for confirmation.
The ‘Cache Cleaner‘ task will be deleted from your computer.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.
RAM(Random-Access Memory) is an essential component of the computer, which is located in the motherboard of the PC. It is the place where the computer stores the short term data for quick access and use. With the help of RAM, the computer can execute tasks faster. When there is no enough RAM storage left, you might find that the PC slows down and performs worse. What can you do at this time? Next, we will share you 6 quick ways to clear RAM on the Windows 10 PC.
1. Restart Your Windows 10 PC
Restarting the PC is a common but effective fix for many computer issues, so is for the issue-insufficient RAM space. You can free up RAM on Windows 10 by rebooting the PC, which can help reset all the running programs and completely clear RAM.
2. Exit Unneeded Applications
Have a look at the desktop taskbar and does it show many open programs? If it does, don't hesitate to exit the unneeded application that can take up the precious RAM. Then you will find that the Windows 10 PC runs smoother than before.
3. Clear Memory Cache
There are different types of cache on the running Windows 10, which enables the system to respond quickly. But these cache can occupy a lot of memory sometimes. Luckily, they can be deleted by their own ways. You can remove DNS cache and Windows Store cache in CMD with the related command. To clean the cache of browsers like Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge/Firefox, you can easily do it in the browser's settings page. For the common cache, you can clear them with the tool iSunshare System Genius which works well on clearing Windows junk files including temporary files/data cache/font cache/thumbnail cache/manifest cache, etc. By using such a helpful tool, you can erase the general cache within a few clicks instead of deleting them in different places.
3 Steps to use System Genius
Step 1: Install iSunshare System Genius on your Windows 10 PC.
Step 2: Launch the tool and choose Junk File to get the Scan button. After that, hit Scan to scan Windows 10 for junk files.
Step 3: In the result section, uncheck the Junk file scan result option firstly. Then check temporary files and other cache items. At last, click Clean to wipe them from your system.
4. Close Unnecessary Background Programs
Although background programs can update themselves automatically, send you the notification, etc, it can consume the power, use the bandwidth and eat up system resources like RAM on the other side. So, you are highly recommended to only keep the needed background programs. To close the unnecessary background programs, you can follow the steps here.
Step 1: Enter Settings in the search bar and click it.
Step 2: Choose Privacy in the Settings window.
Step 3: Scroll down the left pane to access Background apps.
Step 4: Turn off the unnecessary programs.
5. Use Lighter Applications
Compared with their similar applications, some apps are better at managing memory. If your computer struggles with the specific program, you can try to find a lighter alternative for it. For example, you can use Google Chrome instead of Microsoft Edge if your computer crawls when running the Edge browser. In this way, you can free up RAM and get more available space on Windows 10.
6. Disable Rare-to-Use Startup Programs
There might be some startup programs on your Windows 10 computer. Some are set by yourself for convenience use and the others are enabled by default when they are installed. Actually, these startup programs can be the cause for the full RAM and it would be a good way to clear RAM on Windows 10 through regularly managing the startup programs and disable the rare-to-use one.
How To Free Up Memory Ram On Windows 10
Step 1: Run Task Manager and click More Details in the lower-left corner of it.
Step 2: Switch to Startup in the upper menu and then find the needless programs to disable.
Besides, you can manage the startup programs in a more intuitive way, which is using iSunshare System Genius.