Is your old MacBook Pro does not feel fresh or needs cleaning? Taking care of things will increase their lifetime, indeed. Just like this, computers also need cleaning after a while. Sometimes clean a laptop means cleansing the physical parts of your PC like we clean our laptop fans. Here clean up your MacBook Pro means talking about cleaning the computer memory from extra files, which are a burden for CPU and hence making it difficult for it to run smoothly.
Step by step instructions for upgrading memory on 13' MacBook Pro (Mid-2009). In this video I replace the current 4GB of memory on our MacBook Pro with 8GB of memory. If these issues are not solved by restarting your computer, you’ll need to reset SMC (system management controller) and PRAM (parameter RAM). How to speed up MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and MacBook. Resetting the SMC. First of all, you need to determine whether your Mac’s battery is removable. Shut down your Mac. Turn your Mac on. Immediately press and hold the command + option + P + R keys. Continue to hold the command + option + P + R keys for a minimum of 20 seconds; longer is fine but not necessary. To clear RAM on Mac, you will have to keep Chrome's task manager in check. It can be used to force quit the heavy processes in the browser which uses the RAM. It will directly reduce CPU usage. Just open the Chrome settings, click on More Tools and you will find the Task Manager there. Specifically, as discovered by OWC, the 13-Inch 'Mid-2010' MacBook Pro models (and only the 13-Inch models) - the MacBook Pro 'Core 2 Duo' 2.4 13' Mid-2010 and 'Core 2 Duo' 2.66 13' Mid-2010 identified by MacBookPro7,1- can support up to 16 GB of RAM with dual 8 GB memory modules if they are running OS X 10.7.5 or higher, have been updated to.
Do not fret as every computer require the cleaning process. Even smart-phones, at some point, need such refreshing and cleaning. It helps stabilize the OS and clean the storage so that you can use the maximum memory of the computer. Let discuss how you can clean a MacBook pro.
Best Way to Clean up MacBook Pro
How To Clear Memory In Macbook Pro
Cleaning your computer after a month or so is best for the efficient working of it. It’s not a time taking task as many people think, but yes, you have to do it carefully. To do such a risky job, you need the best tools.
Buy Ram For Macbook Pro
- One of the best tools to clean MacBook Pro is built inside of it. Yes, Mac has a built-in system that helps you manage the storage.
- The other way to clean the Macbook Pro is to download and install the CleanMyMac tool and use its amazing features for required purposes. If you have searched for cleaning macbook tools over the internet, you must have heard its name. It is one of the best tools for cleaning and managing storage of your Mac computers.
Clean up MacBook Pro from Storage
As already discussed that the built-in tool of Mac for cleaning memory is a gift for Mac users like there are also built-in methods for making PC speakers louder for the room. You do not need to download and install any software for it. So let see now how you can use this tool for cleaning the extra files.
- The first thing you need to do is to make sure that the system updates of the computer are turned off. It takes very much space for memory. To turn off the updates in Mac, go to Apple icon -> system preferences -> security and privacy -> File Vault tab -> click on turn off File Vault button. You will get free space in memory. Moreover, your computer will run faster.
To clean files, follow the below steps:
- Go to the Apple icon and select ‘About this Mac.’
- Go to the Storage tab and click on the Manage button.
- Select the Trash tab and delete the files from there.
- Now, go to the System junk tab and do the same.
- In the Large files tab, you will see the files which are taking the most of the space in your Mac.
- Put arrow to the file which you want to delete. An x button will appear on the right side of the file name. Click on it to remove that file. Remember that the data you will delete from there will be not got to Trash. It will be permanently deleted.
- Next, go to the iOS files tab and delete the backup files from there if you need more space.
You will now have plenty of memory on your computer.
Clean up MacBook Pro for free
Except for using a built-in tool of Mac, you can also download free, software to clean the memory. One of the best software to clean a MacBook Pro is cleanMyMac. Its latest version is cleanMyMac X and is suitable for every Mac computer. Other versions are also suitable, but it is always best to download the latest version. It is available over the internet at free of cost. You can easily download and install it.
After downloading and installing cleanMyMac, follow the instructions below to know how to use this software.
- Open the software and click on the Scan button to scan overall computer files for memory clean up.
- Go to the System junk tab, which you will find on the left side of the software.
- Hit the Clean button and delete all the junk files of your system immediately.
- Go to the Trash files tab and click the button Clean to delete all the trash files.
- Select the iTunes junk tab and delete the files from there by clicking the Clean button.
- Next, go to the Large & old files tab and get rid of them by deleting them. Again remember that those files will not go to Trash but be deleted permanently.
You will find other tabs there too, so select whichever you want of them to delete files from that section.
How to Clean up Cache in MacBook Pro
A cache is the small memory of the computer, which consists of most-used-files by a user on a computer. It fastens the speed of the CPU. Cleaning cache is one of the best options to free your memory from junk files of the computer. No, it will not delete those files from their main location. It is just for quick access to the CPU. To delete files from your Mac’s cache, follow the steps below.
- Press Shift + G.
- Type library in the text box and hit enter.
- Open the cache folder from there.
- Select all files by pressing Ctrl + A and move them to trash.
Cleaning up MacBook Pro with Disk Utility
If you do not want to download any software, then don’t worry. You can do it using the utility program. How? To clean the MacBook Pro using disk utility, below are the steps you need to follow.
- Open your Mac Finder.
- In the most left list, search and select the Applications folder.
- In the next list, scroll down to the bottom and select utilities from there.
- Then in the next list, select and open the Disk Utility program,
- Select your Hard drive from the program.
- Next, select the erase button at the top, and this will clean up your Mac.
Clean up MacBook Pro before Selling
Are you planning to sell your Macbook pro? It is necessary to delete all your data before selling your laptop as your data is one of the most important things. To erase all your data from Macbook, follow the instructions below.
- Open iCloud and uncheck all the items and sign out. Like iCloud, sign out of every program which you have signed in like a dropbox or Photoshop program.
- Now shut down the computer.
- Turn the computer back on.
- As soon as you hear the chime, hold the command keys placed on the left and right side of the spacebar. Hold the command keys until another menu appears.
- Select disk utility.
- Select your hard disk.
- Click on the erase button at almost the top of the window.
- Select the erase button and your computer will now delete everything from your computer.
Now you can sell your computer without worrying about your data. After selling your MacBook pro you would again go to MacBook for sure and you should know which one to buy.
Get to know about the finest settings of the monitor for your eyes.
How to clean up Macbook pro storage?
You can clean Macbook pro with the help of a built-in tool, or you can download and install the cleanMyMac program and clean the files with the help of this program. The data you need to delete are junk files, trash files, and large files. It is suggested that you erase the iOS data too.
How to clean up Macbook pro hard drive?
If you want to blank your hard disk, you should use the built-in disk utility program for it. Open the disk utility program and select your hard drive from there. Click on the erase button at the top, and it will remove the data of your hard disk.
How to clean up MacBook pro to run faster?
You need to clean the junk files, trash files, cache, and large files from your computer to run it faster. Use the built-in cleaning tool or cleanMyMac tool to erase the extra data from the computer. To delete the cache, pres Shift+G -> type library in the text box and hit enter -> open cache folder and move all the files into trash. It will be easy to do it in the new scissor keyboard series.
How to clean up my MacBook Pro desktop?
At the top menu, go to the View tab. You will find the options of Clean up and clean up by. Choose any of these options to clean your icons on the desktop.