Another way to clear memory on your hard drive is to remove viruses. On windows you can use the Microsoft Security Essentials program to scan and clean your computer, or download a virus scanner application like McAfee. While Macs are a little better at preventing viruses, they can still get them. How do I delete, erase, or clear data from my data logger's memory? When you relaunch a HOBO data logger, the device reverts to the beginning of its memory and starts writing new data over the old. That's why it is important to always readout your data before relaunching your logger.
Computer memory is a physical device that stores information. There are two types: 1) memory in which information such as RAM is temporarily stored, and; 2) a memory that stores information permanently like a hard drive. A Microsoft Windows warning message may appear if there is a memory problem, indicating that the system is low on memory.
The “Your device is low on memory” warning usually indicates that one or more specific processes are using more memory than your computer can provide. You can add both temporary and permanent storage to your computer, but this isn’t the only way to get around this warning. The warning message offers a solution: To restore enough memory for programs to function properly, you must save the files and then close or restart all open programs. This is good advice. If you open the programs again, the same warning may appear.
As mentioned earlier, buying and adding more memory (RAM chip) will physically solve the problem. However, if this is not an option, there are other methods that are described below.
End any Process that Uses Too Much Memory
Some processes that take up too much memory can cause computer memory errors in Windows 10. Terminals to fix them.
Note: except for system processes.
- Press and hold the Shift and Ctrl keys on your keyboard, and then press the Esc key to open Task Manager.
- The process at the top of the list uses the most memory. Then right-click on the process name and select End.
Now check whether the warning is still displayed.
Increase Virtual Memory in Windows 10
If the problem of lack of memory occurs frequently, the virtual memory can be increased. That’s how it’s done:
- Press the Windows logo and the X at the same time.
- Click on System
- Click Advanced System Settings, and then in the Advanced area, under System Properties, click Settings.
- In the expanded area, click Edit
- Clear the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives check box. Check your custom sizes. Set the initial size and the maximum size correctly.
- Click Define and OK
- This should help you use your programs’ memory. Windows allocates more memory to the files.
Perform a Full System Scan
Malicious files can warn you that your computer is low on memory. The same programs will then ask you to download various dedicated software to solve the insufficient memory problem.
Of course, this is nothing more than a scam and you don’t need to download or install anything on your Windows 10 PC.
How To Clear Memory
In this case, all you need is a powerful antivirus and anti-malware tool. Perform a full computer scan to remove malware.
You can use Windows Integrated Antivirus, Windows Defender, or third-party antivirus solutions. We recommend Bitdefender as it is the world’s leading anti-virus program and offers many useful functions and protection tools.
To do a full system scan on Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Go to Start> type “Defender”> double click on Windows Defender to start the tool
- Select the shield icon in the left pane
- In the new window, click the Advanced Scan option
- Select the Full Scan option to run a full scan for system malware.
If a virus or malware infection was the original cause of the problem, the pop-up window with insufficient memory should disappear after using a security tool.
Disable Startup Programs
Sometimes, when there are many launches, you may not have enough memory in your computer. Here we recommend that you deactivate these start programs. Let’s take Windows 10 as an example.
- You must press the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Enter msconfig and click Enter.
- On the Home tab, click Open Task Manager and right-click a program to select Disable.
Clearing Memory On Android Phone
Are you getting the message “Your computer is low on memory” in Windows 7/8/10? If you are bothered by the low storage error, don’t panic. This article provides four helpful solutions to fix your computer’s memory problem. Try them out one by one.