Now that you have learned what items are occupying your memory space and cluttering your PC, this section will tell you how you can clean up your computer running Windows 10. There are a number of methods you can use to clean up your machine and the following are eight of those methods for you. Clean up Windows 10 – Delete Internet. A full hard disc with unnecessary files often results in a slow performance of your computer.This step will focus on an easy way to make sure that the computer is empty of unneeded files. I strongly recommend the software CCleaner to be used as it can simply clean your computer.
- How To Clean Ram Memory Windows 10 Step-By-Step 1. Delete unnecessary files from your computer. The “Temp” and “Prefetch” folders on your laptop hold some unnecessary files that slow down your computer’s performance by taking up both memory and storage space.
- This document, titled « How to Clean Virtual Memory of a PC? », is available under the Creative Commons license. Any copy, reuse, or modification of the content should be sufficiently credited to CCM.
Random access memory, or RAM, is the short-term or operating memory on your personal computer, and it is accountable for how the PC runs. As you continue to use your Windows PC, the available RAM (Random Access Memory) decreases. This happens as you install new programs, download applications, keep some unused files or create new files. Over time, your computer begins to slow down. Programs take longer time to launch and in the worst scenarios your computer runs into errors.
Such slow-running PCs are frustrating, and misused RAM is a key culprit why computers become sluggish. With a few simple troubleshooting steps and guidelines, you can free up RAM space and improve your computer's performance. Read below to know such steps:
Uninstall the installed Programs
The RAM decreases as you install new programs on your computer; the more you install the programs the slower it will become. For everything appears on your computer takes up a certain amount of system resources. Over time, your computer gets more and more slowly, the boot time extends, and all programs take longer to launch. Hence, to get rid of this, just uninstall all the programs that are not needed keep only the required programs.
For this just follow the below steps:
- Click Windows Start button -> Control Panel -> Locate the programs you are no longer use -> Double-click Add or Remove Programs-> follow the instructions to uninstall the programs.
- After this just remove the delete the setup files of those uninstalled programs For this go to Start -> Program Files -> locate the uninstalled programs just delete them and empty the recycle bin.
Uninstall invalid and corrupt registry entries
Installing new applications will create new registry entries, even after uninstalling the programs will not remove its registries; they might remain where they've been stored. Over time, your computer will turn into mess. So remember to cleanup registry entries when you uninstall a program.
Click Windows Start button -> Click Run ->Type- regedit -> press enter to launch the Registry Editor -> Locate the uninstalled application -> Right-click on it and select Delete
Clear Windows Cache (Internet files)
As you open new site or pages on your internet browser, the address and other login information will be saved in a temporary files and Browser history to facilitate easy access when you need it the next time. However, this would even lead to unnecessary cache memory and hence needs to be removed.
- In control Panel, locate the Internet Options icon Double-click on it. Under “Temporary Internet Files” click Delete files and then “OK” to confirm. Once all files have been deleted, exit Control Panel.
- Open the browser, click on the Settings option and select History and now just select “Clear Browsing History” this will remove all the history and even free up the cache
- Click the “Start” button -> enter .tmp in the search field. You will find a list of temp files, browse through them and delete all unnecessary .tmp files.
Clear Junk files, temporary desktop files, log files etc...
How To Clean Up Memory On Computer
As and when you use your system, your RAM memory will filled with some unused old files and other junk files. Hence one has to get rid of such files. For this you can use the Windows default tool called “Disk Cleanup”. Follow the steps mentioned below:
How To Clean The Memory Of My Laptop Mac
- Go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools ->Disk Cleanup
- Under Disk Cleanup tab and you will find many categories check on the following: Temporary Internet Files, Recycle Bin, Temporary Remote Desktop Files, Offline Files, Temporary Files, Compress Old Files and Setup Log Files.
- Now click the “More Options” tab and under “System Restore” hit the “Cleanup” button. (It removes all the System Restore points except the most recent one)
- Click the Disk Cleanup and click OK
How To Clear Memory On My Laptop
This will delete all the unnecessary files on your Windows system and free up your RAM. Now your PC is free from unwanted programs and files, thus increases PC performance. Didn't you feel this as a lengthy procedure and requires extra care and time. Instead you can just make use of the Remo Privacy Cleaner software that will do this for you in just one single click. This tool can quickly uninstalls all the programs, removes internet cache and temporary files, erases the junk files, log files etc. Thus with one tool you can perform all the above steps in just a single click.