Go to iPhone Settings, then General, tap on iPhone Storage, and then find Messages. Select the type of media you want to get rid of, then tap on Edit to choose files and then delete them with the Delete button. Make sure that you're using the same Apple ID on your Mac as well as your iPhone. This is one of the most important steps, and if you. While logged in with your Apple ID, it’s very easy to seamlessly move between iMessage on your iPhone, iPad, iMac, and Apple Watch. The tricky part comes in when you are texting someone who. Check the steps to view iPhone messages on Mac: Step 1. To access iPhone text messages on PC or Mac, you should ensure that you’re logged in to the same Apple ID on both your iPhone and Mac. Go to the Settings app on iPhone Messages Text Message Forwarding Toggle it on after your Mac’s name.
I bought my iPad with retina a few weeks ago and my favorite thing about it was that I didn't need my iPhone with me all the time anymore because all my iMessages that came to my phone would pop up on my iPad at the same time and vice versa.
Over the years lots of iPhone and iPad apps have made it over to the Mac, including Notes, Maps, Photos, iBooks and Messages. Using the Messages app on the Mac it is possible to send and receive.
Today I went to text someone with my iPad and my friend said it popped up as my email address as opposed to my iPhone phone number.
Is there any way I can sync the two again? The only different thing that happened was that yesterday I uograded to the iPhone 5S and my iPad is still running on iOS 6.
Get Iphone Messages On My Macbook
Any suggestions? When I go to messages on my iPad it only gives me the option to add/remove email addresses to be contacted at but no option for number. Thanks in advance.
Posted on Oct 23, 2013 5:59 PM
Today, the phone lets us easily maintain communication with families and friends via text message. But this scenario is a little bit different when we talk about Apple devices. Although you have the same iCloud account for iPhone and iPad, you aren’t able to see the text messages both on the iPhone and iPad.
This is because iPad and Mac have free iMessage service but that is only confined to Apple devices. So, how to get text messages on both iPhone and iPad type questions may arise inside you naturally.
How to Get Text Messages on Both iPhone and iPad
If you have friends or family without an Apple device, you may face difficulty while sending traditional messages. Thankfully, Apple allowed this service through some techniques.
So, if you own an iPhone, sending or receiving text messages using the iPhone will be shown on your Mac, iPad, and iPod as well. Therefore you can easily maintain conversation from any of your closest devices.
Difference Between iMessage and Text Message
You may have a question: Apple allows iMessage for free, so why do I need a text message also. Let’s see some difference between iMessage and Text Message.
iMessage is one type of message service which only circulating into Apple device. You can get this service for free and there is no text limit like a text message. You can use iMessage service through WiFi or cellular data. The WiFi could give you free service whereas cellular data will cost you some penny.
It is just like the traditional massage service, for instance, SMS, and MMS. This type of message can be sent through any non-Apple devices. Here you have to pay some pennies to send a message. Besides, some cellular plans will confine you into a text limit.
The way to Set up SMS and MMS messaging
To activate this facility, your device has to meet the Continuity system requirements then follow the following steps.
First, make sure that each device is logged into your iCloud account using the same Apple ID.
On your iPhone
1. Now, through your iPhone, navigate to the Settings => Messages.
2. When you reach on the Message you may see Use your Apple ID for iMessage and turn it on. Here you have to ensure that the same Apple ID is used in iPhone and for iMessage on your other devices. You can easily check it at the top of the screen.
3. Now scroll and find the Text Message Forwarding this option will allow you to get iPhone text messages to send and receive other devices. Now tap on that option then you can select by toggling on which device (iPad, Mac) you want to get a text message facility.
4. Once you toggle using the iPhone, you will get a security code on your selected device and type that code on your iPhone. Then you can start to communicate with each other using the Apple device. This service can’t normally handle SMS messages.
5. So, you have to go to scroll down and select Send & Receive from the Messages. You can see your Apple ID at first then you will find the “You Can Be Reached By iMessage At” section.
Get Iphone Messages On Mac
6. Now in this section set your phone number and email address. Below this section, you could see “Start new conversations from” here you can also add an email and phone number. In each of the sections, you can add more than one email address.
On your iPad
In the following, you can learn the set-up process of text messaging on your iPad.
1. First of all, navigate Settings => Messages and turn on the iMessage then go to Send & Receive.
2. Now check to make sure the same Apple ID is used on your iPad which you used on your iPhone. You can find the ID at the top of the screen. If you find nothing then type to sign up in that Apple ID.
3. After that, in the “You Can Be Reached By iMessage At” section you have to set your phone number. Besides, you are able to add more than one email in there to get text messages.
4. Now, you will also see the “Start new conversations from” at the bottom of your iPhone. From here you can start the conversation by selecting the phone number or email.
5. Again back to the Messages page, you will see Send Read Receipts which will notify others when you read their message.
6. Below that, you will find the Block option which helps you to block particular people to send you any message.
7. After moving down you will notice the Keep Message option which allows you to store the message. Here you will find 3 options like 30 days, 1 year, forever. You can store the message based on the storage of your device.
8. Below that you will find the Audio Message option which also helps to store messages either forever or just 2 minutes.