Symptoms or Error
SolutionThese steps need to be followed during off production hours and please take a snapshot of the storefront server and backup of web.config file before making any changes.
- Go to this location on your storefront server: C:inetpubwwwrootCitrixRoamingWeb.config
- Open the web.config file using Notepad++ (this will make it easy to replicate the changes)
- Search for the stale store entry in the file and remove all.
- Once we have removed all the entries for the third stale store, run iisreset and test if you are still seeing the third store on workspace app.
- Also validate from your storefront server by opening the browser and hitting this url: https://storefrontserverFQDN/Citrix/Roaming/accounts , this will ask you to open/save an XML file and in this you need to validate that no entries for that removed store are present.
Citrix Workspace Single Sign On Not Working6. If you run into any issues with storefront after the above change, we can revert back to previous web.config file and run iisreset to get it to previous state.
UCF Apps provides you access to software you need for your coursework from any device, at any time, from anywhere.
NOW AVAILABLE – Access on-campus labs through UCF Apps! We have made public labs on campus available as virtual desktops. Click on the login button below and look in the “Desktops” section to access UCF computer labs from anywhere.
For your username you must add @ucf.edu to the end of your nid, for example,“[email protected]” You will need to use your current NID password. If you are having issues please see the FAQ below.4/19/21 12:14PM EST: DTC Gaming and BL 305 access restored, Library PCs still down; UCF Apps slowness resolved
On-campus computer lab access remotely through UCF Apps is down for most.. This impacts students and faculty trying to access some physical labs through UCF Apps. As a workaround, many applications needed for coursework are located in the 'Apps' section.
UCF Apps was experiencing slowness due to our cloud provider (Citrix) having issues. The latest update from Citrix is that service has been restored. We will monitor this event over the week.
Finally, a reminder: Make sure you back up any files stored with the UCF Apps environment or the K: Drive, as we remove files from the server after every semester. Thanks!
All current students, faculty and staff have access to most of the available software applications. See the Generally Available Apps section below for the apps available to everyone.
First, install UCF Apps.You should be able to use the web browser in most cases (Chrome is our recommended web browser), but we do have a desktop client, called Citrix Workspace, that works great on just about any operating system.
Citrix Workplace Sign In
- Install Citrix Workspace on Windows 10
- Install Citrix Workspace on MacOS
- Install Citrix Workspace on iOS (iPhone, iPad)
- Install Citrix Workspace on Android devices
- Install Citrix Workspace on ChromeOS (Chromebook)
Then, learn a few tricks on how to best work with your data files in UCF Apps.UCF Apps is a virtual lab environment, where things work best when the software and the data all “live” near each other. We have created a step-by-step guide as well as a tutorial video on how best to work with your files in UCF Apps using the K: Drive.
Still having issues? Our knowledge base has some great how-to articles. Additionally, you can visit the Student Support Desk in Technology Commons, or submit an incident if things were working, but now they are not.
knowledge base has some great how-to articles on the basics. To consult with us about your use case or add a software application to UCF Apps, submit the UCF Apps request ticket.
- ArcGIS Desktop
- IBM Amos Graphics
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- JMP Pro
- Knights Email (Web App)
- LinkedIn Learning
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Publisher
- Microsoft Word
- Qualtrics Surveys (Web App)
- SAS Enterprise Guide
- [email protected] (Web App)
If you think your course would benefit from having access to any of these apps, have your instructor reach out to UCF IT through the UCF Apps request ticket to see how we can accommodate your needs.
- 3m Medical Coding
- Clintegrity 360
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio