Check the version of Citrix Receiver installed on your machine, click here (supported on Safari web browser) MacOS 10.15: If you recently updated to Cataline 10.15, you MUST update the Citrix Workspace App Citrix WorkspaceApp version 1910 or higher is required. To perform these steps, you must have local administrator permissions. Citrix Receiver for Mac product software. Citrix Workspace App Workspace app for Mac Subscribe to RSS notifications of new downloads.
- Citrix Workspace App
How it all works
MacOS 10.15; MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1; MacOS Big Sur 11.1; Download Citrix Workspace app for Mac Download Citrix Workspace app for Mac (245.7 MB -.dmg) Version: 21.01.0. Citrix Workspace app for Mac supports the following operating systems: macOS Big Sur (11.2.2) macOS Big Sur (11.0.1 and 11.1) macOS Catalina (10.15) Compatible Citrix products. Citrix Workspace app for Mac is compatible with all currently supported versions of the following Citrix products. Apr 07, 2021 Citrix Workspace app for Mac combines ease of deployment and use, and offers quick, secure access to hosted applications and desktops. Deprecation The announcements in this article are intended to give you advanced notice of platforms, Citrix products, and features that are being phased out so that you can make timely business decisions.
The role of a driver for printing is very crucial for printing in Citrix Workspace app for Mac. After installing the driver, you should be able to print directly from Citrix Workspace app on Mac. The Workspace app is transparent to the driver. It gets the postscript data from VDA and forwards it to the available printers without altering the data or settings.
In this example, we have simulated the same core printing APIs used in Citrix Workspace app for Mac. Use the sample, select a file, and print. If this sample is able to print, then Citrix Workspace app on Mac will most probably be able to use your printer.
Prerequisites and scope
VDA 'HP LaserJet PS 2800' drivers signed by Microsoft is required for client printer redirection on Citrix Workspace app on Mac.
Citrix Workspace For Mac Catalina 10.15
What is supported
- Standalone scanners.
- Dedicated virtual channel for printing. For more information, see https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX137939 and https://docs.citrix.com/en-us/citrix-virtual-apps-desktops/printing.html
- UPD postscript printer drivers, provided the following conditions are met :
- The printer driver is installed on the macOS client.
- Core printing on macOS can work with the vendor-provided driver successfully.
- Changes in macOS impact the printing behavior (core printing APIs on macOS). Core Printing APIs have not been updated lately and might be prone to errors. For example, we had issues with double-sided printing on Catalina, which were resolved in Big Sur.
Citrix Workspace For Mac 10.15 Software
What is not supported
- Multi-function scanners. A multifunction is a composite device that has more than one interface.
- USB device splitting feature in GUSB virtual channel. Citrix Workspace app on Mac does not have the capability to differentiate between different interfaces of a composite device. This problem is not limited to our app, but printing on macOS in general. For more information, see https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5244577. On some printers, when printed from a session in Citrix Workspace app on Mac, printing is always either duplex or single sided depending on the printer. It ignores the Duplex/Single-sided settings issued from the VDA. This is a limitation on the macOS. When using the core printing Apple framework, macOS printing is being overridden by the printing settings in the CUPS printing system. This is a new behavior on the macOS 10.15 (Catalina) onwards. As a workaround, change the settings in CUPS printing system on macOS. You have to manually set the Duplex/Single-sided settings on CUPS.
- Printer redirection through third party drivers.
External dependencies for printing (Apple/HP)
Citrix Workspace App For Macos 10.15
- macOS drivers for creating the print job.
- Print support for macOS is very fragile as we depend on HP driver on VDA, explicitly signed by Microsoft. This is a limitation for compatibility with macOS.
- On VDA 'HP LaserJet PS 2800 (Microsoft)' drivers signed by Microsoft is mandatorily required for client printer redirection on macOS.
- macOS default: https://www.howtogeek.com/309677/how-to-stop-two-side-printing-from-being-the-default-in-macos/ workaround may be used to change settings in the CUPS daemon.