SERVER SIDE CHANGES
For StoreFront deployments, modify web.config under the Receiver for Web (RfWeb) site (typically C:inetpubwwwrootCitrixStoreWeb) to activate the Citrix Receiver Launcher / Citrix Workspace App Launcher for Safari 12 and later.
1. Open web.config using your preferred text editor and locate the line : <protocolHandler enabled='true' platforms='(Macintosh Windows NT).*((Firefox/((5[2-9] [0-9]) ddd)) (Chrome/((4[2-9] [0-9]) ddd)))' skipDoubleHopCheckWhenDisabled='false' />
2. The value of the platforms attribute is a regular expression specifying the browsers that Citrix Receiver Launcher is used for client detection and HDX launches. Change the regular expression to:
'(Macintosh Windows NT).*((Firefox/((5[2-9] [0-9]) ddd)) (Chrome/((4[2-9] [0-9]) ddd))) Macintosh.*Version/(1[2-9] [2-9][0-9]).*Safari/'
3. This will add Safari 12 and later to the list of browsers that Citrix Receiver Launcher will be used.
CLIENT SIDE CHANGES
On a Mac Station running Safari 12 perform the following actions:
- Launch Safari 12 Browser and select Safari from the Menu on top > go to Preferences and select it
- In preferences > Select Advanced tab > check Checkbox 'Show Develop Menu in Menu Bar' (Located at the very bottom). This option will enable the Develop tab in Safari top menu
- Close the preferences window by selecting the red circle on the top left corner
- Go back to Safari Menu and select > Clear History
- Then go to Safari Menu and select the Develop Tab > Empty Caches
- Close All safari windows after this. Make sure no Safari Windows are left open.
- Test using Safari 12 and browse to Storefront’s receiver for website URL.
CLIENT DETECTION BEHAVIOR ON SAFARI 12
- Go to https://StorefrontURL/Citrix/StoreNameWeb
- The first thing a user should see when testing going internally to Storefront’s Website is to detect Receiver/Workspace App. Please select “Detect Receiver/Workspace App”. Image below shows test using receiver.
Citrix Workspace Application Launch Failed
- The following window prompt will appear “Do you want to allow this page to open Citrix Receiver Launcher?' please select “Allow”
- Once “Allow” is selected, no Manual interaction will be required by user. Site will automatically load to go to either “Logon Page when using explicit authentication” or it would “take you to your Apps enumeration” if SSO (Single Sign On) is enabled.
- Once user is logged in, when trying to launch an application or desktop the following prompt will show for user to select 'Allow'
- When users are connecting internally and Storefront server is using an Internal SSL cert. Mac stations must have the CA Root and or Intermediate Certificate added to their Keychain Store in the Mac. Additionally, SSL certIFICATE must be set to Always trust / Allow. See example below:
Citrix Workspace For Windows 7: You should clear browser cache and history before the changes mentioned in this article can take effect.
You can now use the Application probing feature to proactively monitor the health of applications enabling you to fix issues before the user actually experiences them. For more information refer to Citrix Documentation - Application probing.
Citrix Blogs - NPAPI support is being removed from Safari 12