- Go to Start Control Panel Programs and Features Select the Citrix Receiver or Workspace app and click uninstall. Now run the Citrix Clean Up Utility After you have downloaded the ReceiverCleanupUtility.zip file extract or unzip it. Run the Citrix clean up utility.
- Download the Clean Up Utility by using the button above. Uninstall Citrix Receiver or the Citrix Workspace application using the default uninstall procedure: Go to Start Control Panel Programs and Features Select the Citrix Receiver or Workspace app and click uninstall. Now run the Citrix Clean Up Utility.
Sometimes if you re-install or update the Citrix Receiver you might experience strange behaviour. In that case we recommend to manually uninstall the Citrix Receiver by using the Citrix Receiver Clean Up Utility that you can download on this page.
Citrix Workspace Clean-up Utility Is there a clean-up utility for the Workspace app similar to the Receiver clean-up utility? I thought I read somewhere the receiver clean-up utility doesn't clean-up everything left behind from Workspace.
To do so follow these simple steps:
- Download the Clean Up Utility by using the button above.
- Uninstall Citrix Receiver or the Citrix Workspace application using the default uninstall procedure:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features > Select the Citrix Receiver or Workspace app and click uninstall.
- Now run the Citrix Clean Up Utility
- After you have downloaded the ReceiverCleanupUtility.zip file extract or unzip it.
- Run the Citrix clean up utility. A window will appear. Hit any key to continue.
- After it has finished cleaning up hit any key again to close the window.
- Check for the config.xml file and the subfolder /log that was created in the folder the utility ran from. These can be removed.
- Reinstall the Citrix receiver of Workspace app.
After you have succesfully removed the receiver it is time to re-install the updated receiver of Citrix Workspace app. In order to do so we wrote this procedure for you convenience. Follow the instructions and everythig should work fine again. If you need assistance, please contact support.
The Clean-Up Utility creates a backup of all the Citrix registry keys in the file reverlogsregbackup.reg before it rus.
Undo these changes is very straight forward. Just follow these two simple steps:
- Reinstall Receiver for Windows
- Import the regbackup.reg file to restore setting and customizations in the registry.
The Citrix Receiver Clean-Up Utility has been my biggest friend for a while. It helps you to recover broken Citrix Receiver installations on Microsoft Windows. Before I knew it, I sometimes even reinstalled Windows to get Citrix Receiver back to work. Good old days.
But after many years a trustful friendship came to an end. Citrix included the functionality of the Receiver Clean-Up Utility into the Citrix Receiver Setup a while ago.
If you use a CitrixReceiver.exe Setup which is >4.4 then there is a new command line argument, which acts like Receiver Clean-Up Utility:
Citrix Workspace Cleanup Download
This is explained in detail in the Citrix eDocs:
Citrix Workspace App Cleanup Utility Windows 10
Of course you can still use the
/silent switch together with
/rcu and don’t forget
/includeSSON if you want to use Single-Sign-On in your environment:
Citrix Workspace App Uninstall Utility
CitrixReceiver.exe /ruc /silent /includeSSON
The Citrix knowledge base article about Receiver Clean-Up Utility CTX137494 has been update accordingly and still holds the old documentation. But the recommend way, is to use the
/rcu switch from the Receiver Setup.
How To Run Citrix Receiver Cleanup Utility
This post was previously posted on mycugc.org.