Citrix Receiver (now renamed Citrix Workspace) is client software that allows users to connect virtualized desktops and apps from their end devices. Because of notoriously complex infrastructure, tasks such as uninstalling Citrix Receiver on Mac can be a challenging undertaking.
- When opening Citrix Workspace app for Mac and Citrix Viewer for the first time on macOS Catalina,theOSpromptsuserstoallownotificationsfromCitrixViewer. ClickAllowtoreceive notificationsrelatedtoCitrixWorkspaceappforMac.
- Citrix Workspace app 2008 for Windows Release Date: Aug 26, 2020. Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, Thin PC as well as Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2012R2 and 2019.
- Citrix Workspace app for Mac allows you to use an Input Method Editor (IME) on either the user device or on the server. When client-side IME is enabled, users can compose text at the insertion point rather than in a separate window. Citrix Workspace app for Mac also.
- Hi I have a XenApp 7.6 with Shared Desktop Windows Server 2008 R2. One user have Windows Client and Mac Os to access Citrix. Windows client works correctly, but in the Mac OS the keyboard layout that apply is ABNT - Brazil.
Just like typical applications, Citrix Receiver has a special uninstallation script that directs the removal process. While you would expect the uninstallation process to remove the right files and all the registry entries—this is usually not the case with Citrix Receiver. Sometimes, the process can go wrong; for instance, “Follow Me Data” files can be left behind due to unexpected error(s).
Workspace app for Mac 20.02: Mac OS X Client always prints in Duplex mode. Contact Support PRODUCT ISSUES Open a case; Chat live; Need more help? Citrix Product Documentation Citrix Discussions View Support numbers Share this page.
Follow the steps below to uninstall Citrix Receiver on Mac device:
- Locate the “.dmg” file and double-click on it. In this case, the “.dmg” file refers to the file you downloaded from Citrix when installing Citrix Receiver for the first time. In case you can’t locate it, point your browser to Citrix Downloads to download it again.
- Click the “Uninstall Citrix Workspace App.”
- Follow the on-screen steps to finish the uninstallation process.
- Reboot your system after uninstalling Citrix Receiver on Mac.
How to remove Follow Me Data notes
In some instances, “Follow Me Data” files are left behind even after uninstalling and rebooting the computer due to unexpected error(s). Follow these steps to manually remove such files:
- Navigate to the following locations and manually delete the corresponding file:
- ~/Applications/Citrix/FollowMeData A
- ~/Library/Application Support/ShareFile
- Navigate to the locations below and erase the corresponding file:
- Delete the following files if they haven’t been cleaned:
Cleaning up your file system after uninstall
After uninstalling Citrix Receiver and rebooting the system, ensure that you remove all folders and files listed below. If these files and folders are not removed successfully, you must do so manually.
- /Applications-Citrix Receiver.app
- ~/Applications – Delete the applications under this folder that you previously added via the Receiver UI.
- /Library- /Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
- /Library- /LaunchAgents/com.citrix.AuthManager_Mac.plist
- /Library- /LaunchAgents/com.citrix.ServiceRecords.plist
- ~/Library-/Internet plug-ins/CitrixICAClientPlugIn.plugin
- ~/Library- /Application Support/Citrix Receiver- CitrixID
- ~/Library- /Application Support/Citrix Receiver- Config
- ~/Library- /Application Support/Citrix Receiver- Module
- ~/Library- /Preferences/com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist
- ~/Library- /Preferences/com.citrix.receiver.nomas.plist.lockfile
- ~/Library- /Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist (added in 11.6)
- ~/Library- /Preferences/com.citrix.ReceiverFTU.AccountRecords.plist.lockfile (added in 11.6)
- /private/var/db/receipts- com.citrix.ICAClient.bom
- /private/var/db/receipts- com.citrix.ICAClient.plist
- Depending on the Receiver version(s), some of the above mentioned folders might not exist in the system.
- A tilde (~) before the folder path indicates the folder’s location in the user profile. A folder path without the tilde indicates the system-wide version of the folder at the system root.
- Some folders mentioned above can be hidden directories.
Parallels RAS is an affordable alternative to Citrix
Citrix Receiver has undergone many changes—from the days it was referred to as ICA Client to the current Citrix Workspace app. However, its configuration and management across many endpoints are a big challenge. Multiple products and components can be confounding to users.
Parallels® Remote Application Server (RAS) is a seamless, all-in-one VDI platform. It allows you to access virtual desktops and apps on a remote server from any device and OS. Parallels RAS requires fewer resources to run, is simple to use, and is less costly. It’s also easier to manage and scale-up. In addition, you have access to a stable upgrade path since the entire infrastructure can be deployed within minutes.
The outstanding user experience of Parallels RAS is an additional factor that makes it a better alternative to Citrix. It has an intuitive and consistent user experience across all devices and even on mobiles. It offers native gesture capabilities and allows users to multitask on any device. You can use it to print from any device using local printers and use custom keys to simplify common keystrokes.
Parallels RAS allows easier interaction and readability for applications that fit the entire screen. You can use it to maximize smartphone capabilities, and drag and drop files from servers to the client to increase productivity. Additional capabilities like ultra-fast login, white labeling, local drive redirection, and consistent multi-monitor window positions make Parallels RAS an affordable yet one of the best solutions.
Mac Uninstall Guide https://macuninstallguides.com/remove-citrix-receiver-12-8-1-on-mac.html
Citrix Workspace For Mac Os
Parallels RAS https://www.parallels.com/fileadmin/docs/ras/resources/WP_MigrationfromCitrix_EN_A4.pdf