The Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 Long-Term Service Release (LTSR) is now available for download. This LTSR brings two years’ worth of new functionality and feature enhancements to customers currently running 7.15 LTSR and gives our Current Release (CR) customers a chance to take advantage of all the latest updates.
- Second icon displays in the system tray and unable to open the Workspace App using the second icon. The issue is addressed in Citrix Workspace App for Windows 1912 LTSR - Cumulative Update 1. Known issue with version 1912 LTSR (LCMRFWIN-2211).
- Citrix Receiver/ Citrix Workspace app below version.1063, is not supported any more! Please download and install Citrix Workspace app 1912 LTSR to continue.
- The issue is addressed in Citrix Workspace App for Windows 1912 LTSR - Cumulative Update 1. Known issue with version 1912 LTSR (LCMRFWIN-2211).
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (CVAD) 1912 is a Long-Term Support Release (LTSR), which is supported for 5 years from the December 2019 release date. Citrix will periodically release Cumulative Updates for 1912 LTSR.
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (CVAD) Upgrades – LTSR vs CR, in-place upgrade from 7.x, migration from 6.5
Citrix Workspace App 1912 Ltsr
- Catalogs, Delivery Groups, Zones – MCS ImagePrep, RDSH restart, tags
- Published Applications, Application Groups, Published Content – App-V, Local App Access, Content Redirection
- Other Build Topics:
- Group Policy Computer Settings – Create GPOs, Windows GPO Templates, Computer Settings, FSLogix, Edge, Teams
- Group Policy User Settings – Session Lockdown, Internet Explorer, File Explorer, Office, and Chrome
- Citrix Policy Settings – security, graphics
There is a difference in the way the thumbprint is calculated for applications in Receiver 4.9.6 and Workspace 1912. Due to this difference in design, there is a mismatch in the thumbprints when upgrading from Receiver 4.9.6 to WorkspaceApp 1912. This is causing the applications to reinstall, which in turn is causing the disappearance of the shortcuts.
From Workspace 1809, the above mentioned features have been added in the thumbprint calculation and the upgrade from 1809 to any higher version does not see this issue.