I'm trying to uninstall Citrix Workspace App from a machine where it's installation was unsuccessful. I uninstalled via the Citrix removal tool and I've run through the manual removal procedure for Citrix Receiver afterwards, as it gave the error below. I've since rebooted and tried to reinstall it, but it states:
Unable to complete the installation.
Citrix Workspace app provides access to your applications and desktops using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops from a remote client device. Citrix Workspace app provides access from your desktop, Start menu, Citrix Workspace user interface, and web browsers. You can use Citrix Workspace app on domain, and non-domain joined thin clients. Citrix Files for Windows allows you to access your files directly through a mapped drive, providing a native Windows Explorer experience. Files are downloaded only when accessed, and temporarily stored on your computer. Changes made to the files are automatically saved back to the cloud. With this fix, Citrix Workspace app for HTML5 supports localization in the Dutch language. RFHTMCRM-2663 When you open a Citrix Workspace app for HTML5 session in a browser on a mobile device and use the display resolution dialog box to change the resolution to a fixed value that is larger than the mobile screen size, the session might not pan.
We have detected a previous installation of Citrix Workspace App.
This is illustrated by Citrix document, Outgoing screen sharing is also optimized and offloaded to Citrix Workspace app (version 1907 or higher). In this case, HdxTeams.exe captures and transmits only the Citrix Desktop Viewer (CDViewer.exe) window. Chocolatey is software management automation for Windows that wraps installers, executables, zips, and scripts into compiled packages. Chocolatey integrates w/SCCM, Puppet, Chef, etc. Chocolatey is trusted by businesses to manage software deployments.
Please remove all previous installations before continuing.
However the only method of attempting removal now is via the command prompt command:
But doing this gives the error:
Citrix Workspace App has stopped working.
If I click to view problem details it states:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TrolleyExpress.exe
Application Version: 22.214.171.124
Application Timestamp: 5c0f57ff
Fault Module Name: KERNALBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.23367
Fault Module Timestamp: 589c9620
Exception Code: e0434f4d
Exception Offset: 0000c54f
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Any ideas? (besides rebuilding the device!)
Good news, after a long time coming, Microsoft Teams calling and meetings (audio, video and sharing) are now available on VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) with Citrix.
Microsoft Teams chat and collaboration has been supported in VDI for a long time, and now with the Citrix platform, calling and meeting functionality are also supported.
Audio, video and sharing are handled via WebRTC on the Citrix platform. VDA-side HDX services use an API to interface with the Microsoft Teams hosted app to receive commands. These components open a control virtual channel (CTXMTOP) to the Citrix Workspace app-side media engine. The VDI endpoint decodes and renders the multimedia locally. The video/sharing is “snapped” to the local Microsoft Teams VDI client.
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops requirements
Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly known as XenApp and XenDesktop) provide AV optimization for Teams on VDI.
Citrix Workspace 1907 Download For Windows
You can download the latest version of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops here. (You’ll need to sign in first.)
The necessary components are bundled into the Citrix Workspace app (CWA) and Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) by default. You don’t need to install any additional components or plugins on CWA or the VDA.
Recommended version – Citrix Workspace app 1911 for Windows and Minimum version – Citrix Workspace app 1907 for Windows:
Microsoft Teams Requirements
The minimum version of the Teams desktop app that’s required is version 1.2.00.31357.
Citrix Downloads Workspace App Windows
- Windows Thin clients only, not Mac or Linux.
- Only a single incoming video stream is supported in meetings or group calls. When multiple people send video, only the dominant speaker’s video is shown at any given time.
- Update 3rd Feb 2021, 2×2 video now supported in preview details here: Microsoft Teams VDI 2×2 Gallery View Public Preview, Citrix and VMware – Tom Talks
- Only one video stream OR screen share stream is supported. When there’s an incoming screen share, that screen share is shown instead of the remote user’s video.
- Screen sharing from VDI is supported, but you must share the whole screen, sharing only specific application windows is not supported.
- Give control and take control of screen sharing is not supported. Giving remote control of a PowerPoint is supported.
- Incoming and outgoing video stream resolution is limited to 720p resolution.
- With VDI per-machine installation, the Microsoft Teams client app isn’t automatically updated in the way that non-VDI Teams clients are. You have to update the VM image manually with the latest MSI on a regular basis.
These calling and meeting features are not supported:
- Enhanced emergency services
- HID buttons and LED controls between the Teams app and devices
- Background blur and effects
- Broadcast/live events
- Location-Based Routing (LBR)
- Call park
- Call queue
Microsoft is now working on adding these features.
Be sure to subscribe to my bi-weekly Microsoft Teams email update for the latest news at these features are added.
Microsoft Documentation: Microsoft Teams for Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure
Citrix: Optimization for Microsoft Teams
Video Demo here