It is an optional download, provided on an as-is basis by Citrix to serve as an example. Before use, IT administrators must customize the scripts to suit their environment. The uninstall and install scripts may be used as noted in the upgrade guide for Citrix Workspace app for Windows. Version: 188.8.131.52 (2103.1) Checksums. The Jabber for VDI is a plug-in for Citrix Workspace app, formerly Citrix Receiver that detects the virtual environment and locally routes all audio and video streams directly from one thin client to another or to a telephone, without going through the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops server.
The Citrix Receiver Client Installation window will display. Click Install Citrix Receiver. The file download window will display. An Internet Explorer security warning will display. Citrix Receiver Setup will display. Close the Citrix Receiver Client Installation window. If you are connecting from a wifi network other than IllinoisNet, connect to the Technology Services' Cisco VPN before using Citrix. Cisco VPN download and installation instructions can be found at VPN, CISCO AnyConnect, Installation Instructions Splash Page. For problems connecting to the Cisco VPN please contact the Technology Services Help Desk.Topics Map > Instructional Services
Topics Map > Engineering Workstations (EWS) > Remote Access
Students enrolled in Engineering courses can follow these instructions to use Citrix on a personal computer.
Citrix Jabber Download
Please note that Citrix and other EWS resources are for instructional use only. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
How to Connect to Citrix
Download & Install
- Download and install the Citrix Workspace application at http://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.
- Current users: Please upgrade to the newest version of the Citrix Workspace athttp://www.citrix.com/go/receiver.
If you are connecting from a wifi network other than IllinoisNet, connect to the Technology Services' Cisco VPN before using Citrix.
- Cisco VPN download and installation instructions can be found at VPN, CISCO AnyConnect, Installation Instructions Splash Page.
- For problems connecting to the Cisco VPN please contact the Technology Services Help Desk.
Access Citrix Workspace
- The first time you open Citrix Workspace, input 'citrix.engr.illinois.edu' without quotes in the server address field and click 'Add.'
- If you encounter an error, disconnect from the Cisco VPN, select the '3_TunnelAll' profile, and reconnect to the VPN.
- Select 'Finish' on the success screen.
- When the login screen appears, enter your UIUC NetID and your NetID password and click 'Log On.'
- Select the 'Apps' tab to view all applications. Application visibility will vary based on course registration.
- Most applications will save content to your EWS home directory by default and can also save content to your local computer.
- To access your EWS home directory remotely, use the following instructions at EWS Labs, Remote access to your EWS Windows home directory
- If you encounter an error, disconnect from the Cisco VPN, select the '3_TunnelAll' profile, and reconnect to the Cisco VPN.
How to Find Newly Published Applications for Your Course
Cisco Citrix Receiver
Application visibility is based on course registration and sometimes requires a manual refresh.
- Select 'Refresh Apps' in the top-right drop-down menu of Citrix Workspace
- Search for the application name under the 'Apps' tab
Citrix Connection Manager Windows 10
If you are a TA and cannot see the application, ask the instructor to update the membership of the course staff group using Instructor Tools.
|Keywords:||Citrix workspace ews 'remote access'Suggest keywords||Doc ID:||81722|
|Owner:||Manu P.||Group:||University of Illinois Engineering IT|
|Created:||2018-04-19 16:51 CDT||Updated:||2021-02-09 13:15 CDT|
|Sites:||University of Illinois Engineering IT|
|Feedback:||7218CommentSuggest a new documentSubscribe to changes|
Applications over Citrix
Adobe Acrobat Standard
Midas – External
SMS Invision - MH - External
Aria Application Rad Onc - External
My Documents & Network Places
SMS Invision - SM - External
Aria Eclipse – External
Pyramis ECG Management
SMS Invision - SM MASC - External
ARIA Manager MO - External
Radiology TN3270 - External
SMS Invision - WK - External
Oracle Identity Analytics
Soarian - DSS – External
Baptist Health Budget System
Skype for Business 2013
ImageNow – External
PeopleSoft Development Tools
SMS Invision - BH - External
Sovera – External
Business Objects Enterprise Admin
Pharmacy Clinical Workstation
SMS Invision - BH MASC - External
Syngo Radiology - External
Centricity Perioperative Manager EXT
IntelliSpace PACS - External
Pharmacy TN3270 - External
SMS Invision - BOS - External
Physician Oncall Schedule
SMS Invision - DH - External
V9-Neuroworks - External
Leader Evaluation Manager
SMS Invision - HH - External
VisionApp Remote Desktop - External
WebCTRL – External