Chromecast Sky Go is the newest component that the company added to its service to be able to accommodate more requests from its customers. This method works with both iPhone and Android. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to cast Sky Go to Chromecast. Amazon reportedly pushed the USPS to install a mailbox outside its Alabama warehouse, a move the union could use to challenge the outcome of the vote Summary List PlacementAmazon reportedly pushed the US Postal Service to install a mailbox outside of its Bessemer, AL warehouse, according to emails obtained by a Freedom of Information Act request first reported by The Washington Post. Sky Go Chromecast workaround Firstly, open the Sky Go app on your desktop computer – whether that’s an Apple Mac or a Microsoft PC. Ensure that Google Chrome is installed on your computer and that the Sky Go launcher is up to date. Now, to cast to a Chromecast pick. Casting is now available with the Sky Go app! The Sky Go app will support the following casting devices: iOS 10.3 and above; Android 5 and above; Gen 3 Chromecast; Chromecast Ultra; Sony Android TV 7.0; Sony Android TV 8.0. Airplay will be supported on Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K.
The following guide will show you How to watch Sky Go on Smart TV. The Sky Go app is excellent for watching TV channels from Sky and other UK-based networks. It also has a vast library of on-demand movies, TV shows, and box sets, offering hundreds of hours of entertainment on the go.
However, the list of compatible devices is quite limited, which is something you may have noticed when trying to watch Sky Go on smart TV. Although you can watch live TV channels and on-demand content on your Sky TV box, the complimentary online service Sky Go isn’t as versatile as they advertise it to be.
Assuming that you have a Sky TV subscription, you can follow this guide to learn more about watching Sky Go on smart TV. We have also included a few workarounds to get Sky Go working on other devices.
- 1 Is it Possible to Watch Sky Go on Smart TV?
Is it Possible to Watch Sky Go on Smart TV?
There are a few things you need before you can watch Sky Go on your smart TV, and one of them is Chromecast.
Whether it’s a dongle solution or your TV has Chromecast built-in, it will be required for mirroring content from the Sky Go app.
Alternatively, you can use an HDMI cable to connect a PC or laptop to your TV for streaming Sky Go channels and VOD content.
Even though Sky Go is one of the biggest streaming services in the United Kingdom, the famous pay-TV provider Sky still doesn’t officially support Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung/LG/VIZIO smart TVs.
Despite the unavailability, subscribers have found alternative ways to watch Sky Go on their TVs, which you can check out below. We have tested some of the workarounds and found them to be working.
Watch Sky Go on TV Using Chromecast
The Sky Go app doesn’t have Chromecast support. People often mix up the UK version of the Sky Go app with the one available in New Zealand, which officially supports Chromecast devices.
Still, there’s a way to cast Sky Go content to Chromecast from a PC or laptop, with the whole process going as follows:
- First, download and install Google Chrome on your PC or laptop in case you don’t have it already.
- Now get the Sky Go desktop app from sky.com/watch/sky-go and sign in with your Sky ID.
- After that, start streaming something from the Sky Go app, then open up a Chrome window.
- Click the (⋮) ellipsis icon at the right end of the navigation bar above the Chrome window, and click the Cast option in the following menu.
- In the next pop-up window, select Sources and click the Cast desktop Chrome will scan for Chromecast devices on the same network.
- Assuming that your PC/laptop and Chromecast device is connected to your local Wi-Fi hotspot, you will be able to select your Chromecast from the scan results.
- Once you select the Chromecast device, click Share. You should see the mirrored desktop feed on your TV.
- Minimize the Chrome window and return to the Sky Go app.
If you have followed the steps correctly, then you should be able to watch Sky Go content on your TV over Chromecast.
Watch Sky Go on Smart TV Using HDMI
Connecting your PC or laptop to your TV over HDMI is the hassle-free way to watch Sky Go content.
As long as there are HDMI ports on both of your devices, you can use an HDMI cable to connect your computer to your TV and mirror your desktop over a wired and reliable interface.
After that, simply launch the Sky Go app from your desktop and begin playing back a live TV channel or on-demand content on your TV.
It’s worth mentioning that this workaround won’t work if you use an HDMI adapter to connect your smartphone to the TV.
Also, make sure to plug one end of the HDMI cable to your TV’s HDMI port that supports at least HDCP 2.2 (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection). Otherwise, you will only see a black screen in the Sky Go app player.
Can I Put Sky Go on my Smart TV Using a PlayStation 4?
While PlayStation 4 is primarily advertised for playing games, you can also use it as a Blu-Ray player or a streaming device to watch movies, TV shows, and live TV channels.
Sky officially offers its streaming app named “TV from Sky” for the PS4. Although it’s not the same app as Sky Go, TV from Sky shares the same content library.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to watch Sky Go on TV using a PlayStation 4:
- If you have the Sky Q box, you can skip this step. Else, contact Sky (0330 041 3000) and add the Sky Go Extra (£5+) add-on to your existing Sky TV subscription. You will need it to get the “TV from Sky” app activated on your PS4.
- Next, go to the PlayStation Store and download the “TV from Sky” app on PS4.
- Launch “TV from Sky” from the TV & Video section of the PS4 home screen.
- Click the Sign In option on the welcome page, then enter your Sky ID and password.
Once you are logged in to the “TV from Sky” app, you will be able to watch almost all the live TV channels included in your Sky TV subscription, as well as stream catch-ups, movies, and TV box sets from Sky’s on-demand library.
Watch Sky Go on TV Using an Xbox One
Google Chromecast Sky
The “TV from Sky” (Sky Go alternative) app is also available for the Xbox One game console. If you have one lying around, you can use it to watch Sky channels and on-demand box sets on your TV. Just do the following:
- First, Go to the Store from the Xbox One dashboard and search for the “TV from Sky” app, and download it.
- Now launch “TV from Sky” from the My games and apps section on your Xbox One.
- Enter your Sky ID and password, then click Submit. You should get logged in to the app.
Upon successful login, you can watch the same live TV channels and on-demand content from the “TV from Sky” app, as you would find in Sky Go’s streaming library. Note that you will have to pay for the Sky Go Extra add-on, similar to what we need for “TV from Sky” to work on PlayStation 4.
Can I Get Sky Go on Android Box / TV?
Unfortunately, there’s no official Sky Go app for Android TV, Fire TV, or Apple TV devices. You can only get the Sky Go mobile app on Android and iOS smartphones/tablets from their respective app stores.
Although many websites claim to have the Sky Go mobile app working on Android TV and Fire TV devices, it’s completely false and misleading.
While it’s possible to sideload the Sky Go APK file on Android TV and Fire TV, it will simply crash or show you an error message when you try to get past the login screen.
Go Chromecast Apps
Also, a lot of sites trick users into installing a “modded” version of the Sky Go app that apparently works on Android TV and Fire TV devices.
However, most of these modified APK files are injected with malicious code that is meant to collect your sensitive information and slow down your device. We recommend you to avoid installing untrusted APK files from such websites.
Check –Chromecast Mobdro: How to Cast Mobdro to TV?
This guide has hopefully cleared your doubts about watching Sky Go on smart TV. While there is no official Sky Go app for Android TV or LG/Samsung/Vizio Smart TVs as of now, you can follow one of our workarounds and watch your favorite Sky Go channels and on-demand content on your big screen.
Wondering how to get Sky Go working on a Chromebook? Here’s how to – no HDMI cable required!
A Chromebook is a great alternative to a regular laptop and they often come at much more reasonable prices. Light, compact and easy to transport, the Chromebook is a great device for anyone on the move.
Sky Go is a fantastic app which provides Sky TV customers the ability to watch all their favourite shows on the move. Multiple devices can also be in use under the same roof – that way everyone’s happy.
So, here’s a look at whether it’s possible to get Sky Go working on a Chromebook.
Does Sky Go work with HDMI cables?
Unfortunately, Sky Go subscribers can’t plug an HDMI cable into a laptop or mobile device and hook it up to a bigger screen.
This is similar to the fact that when watching Sky Go, viewers are unable to take screenshots of a show. Overall, it seems that unless the Sky Go app is installed on the device screen you’re watching, you can’t view the content.
Sky Go Chromebook HDMI
Thankfully, for anyone with Sky Go and a Chromebook, things are quite straightforward.
The Chromebook is compatible with apps from the Google Play Store. So, head to the Google Play Store to download the Sky Go app. Once installed, log into your Sky Go account and you should be able to watch Sky Go content without a hitch.
The only downside is that an HDMI cable cannot be plugged into the Chromebook to watch on a bigger screen.Prime Video – 30 Day Free Trial
- Award-winning Amazon original series
- Unlimited streaming of Movies and TV shows
- Watch anywhere
- Cancel any time
- Start your 30-day free trial
What about Sky Go and a Google Chromecast?
Based on the fact that Sky Go is incompatible with HDMI cables and doesn’t allow screenshotting, many would assume that the app wouldn’t work with casting devices, either. But, there is a workaround for Chromecast users.
Chromecast Sideload Sky Go
- Firstly, open the Sky Go app on your computer.
- Ensure that Google Chrome is installed on your computer and that the Sky Go launcher is up to date.
- To cast to a Chromecast, pick something to watch on your Sky Go via the app.
- Open Google Chrome and select the ‘Google Cast’ option (this is in the top right-hand corner of the browser page) which should show a drop-down of the available devices in your home.
- Select the option under ‘sources’ to cast the ‘entire desktop’ which is the option to go for rather than just casting your current tab.
Which other devices can I watch Sky Go on?
Sky Go is a great app which comes along with any Sky TV subscription package. The app can be downloaded on both iOS and Android mobile devices.
Bigger devices such as an Android TV support the Sky Go app as well as laptops, PCs and Chromebooks.
The main issue that Sky Go customers have had is getting the content onto a bigger screen. Without HDMI capabilities, for now, viewers will have to watch on smaller screens.
Alternatively, see our guide on getting Sky Go up and running on an Amazon Fire TV Stick. With a Firestick, Sky subscribers can enjoy content on the big screen.
Chromecast For Sky Golf
|Amazon Music||View on Amazon|