An airmail etiquette, often shortened to just etiquette, is a label used to indicate that a letter is to be sent by airmail. The term is from French étiquette 'label, sticker' (cognate to stick), from which also comes the English word etiquette 'rules of behavior'.
- International Standard items (except those posted in Northern Ireland that are bound for the Republic of Ireland) need an AIR MAIL sticker, or write ‘BY AIR MAIL — PAR AVION’ in.
- Tracking Air Mail Deliveries With Your Local Post Office Website. Posted by - NA - on 09:09 AM. Track your Air Mail delivery using your country's Post Office Tracking Website - EMS / Registered / Parcel and Registered / Parcel Tracking: Afghanistan - Registered / Parcel.
- The airmail etiquette may be omitted if airmail stamps are used on the letter, and in some cases even this is not necessary if a country sends out all its foreign mail by air. In some countries, such as the United Kingdom, you may simply write 'PAR AVION - BY AIR MAIL' on the envelope, even though etiquettes are available free from post offices.
Standard Postage (Royal Mail International Standard) Estimated between Sat. Estimated delivery dates - opens in a new window or tab include seller's handling time, origin postcode, destination postcode and time of acceptance and will depend on postage service selected and receipt of cleared payment. Royal Mail Sticker Labels 180x Self Adhesive 'By Air Mail Par Avion' 180x Self Adhesive 'By Air Mail Par Avion' - Royal Mail Sticker Labels. Self adhesive, 5x 36 label sheets. Condition:： New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable).
Because the etiquettes are just instructions to postal clerks, and have no monetary value, their printing and distribution need not be as carefully controlled as for postage stamps, and most are privately produced. The usual design is a plain blue oblong, with the phrases 'AIR MAIL' and/or 'PAR AVION' in white letters. Airlines and hotels have also produced etiquettes, some quite attractive.
Airmail Par Avion Tracking
The airmail etiquette may be omitted if airmail stamps are used on the letter, and in some cases even this is not necessary if a country sends out all its foreign mail by air. In some countries, such as the United Kingdom, one may simply write 'PAR AVION -- BY AIR MAIL' on the envelope, even though etiquettes are available free from post offices.
- ^'International Standard: How to send'. Royal Mail. Retrieved 2016-03-03.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Baldwin, N.C. 'Collecting Etiquettes.' Stamp Review. (May 1938).
- Field, Francis J. Air Mail Labels (etiquettes). Sutton Coldfield: Francis J. Field, Ltd., 1940 32p. Series Title: The Aero Field Handbook; no. 5.
- Jones, Frank G. Etiquettes: Par Avion - By Air Mail. London: Frank G. Jones Associates, 1992 40p.
- Müller, Frank. Catalogue des etiquettes aéropostales: émises par les administrations postales, les compagnies de navigation aérienne, etc. Paris: La Maison de la poste aérienne, 1947 288p.
- Postal Label Study Group. Mair Airmail Label Catalog.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Airmail labels.|
- Riga Stamps page on etiquettes, with many picturesArchived 2008-05-07 at the Wayback Machine
By Airmail Par Avion Royal Mail International
ABOUT THE SERVICE
Royal Mail By Airmail Par Avion Tracking
Q: How can you provide this service without charging more?
A: Royal Mail give us a small discount.
Q: Is there a minimum order?
A: The minimum post-free order is £85. We work on a very small margin so will add post and packing to smaller orders - 90p.
Q: Can anyone order?
By Airmail Par Avion Royal Mail Tracking
A: We usually supply businesses, schools and charities. We can supply individual purchasers, but if you are not known to us we would usually require payment in advance by cheque or internet banking. Or address is shown on our home page and the bank details are shown below.
Q: If I place an order today, when will the stamps arrive?
A: All stamps are sent First Class and should arrive the next working day provided we receive your order by 4pm. After 4pm will still try to depatch all orders but cannot guarantee this. Royal Mail have a target of 93% to arrive by the next day which means that 7% probably won't. During December please allow Royal Mail much longer - 1 week + is not unusual.
Q: Can I open an account with you and pay monthly?
A: Our terms of supply are that payment is made by return of post. The reason for this is because the margin on stamps is extremely low and it is not worthwhile us supplying if extended credit is taken.
Q: Can I pay by BACS or direct from my bank account?
A: We will accept payment by BACS or payment direct from a bank account provided this does not delay payment. We will not accept, for instance, if you only do a BACS run once or twice a month. Our details are Lloyds 30-00-03 Post Haste Account No 01013783. Your company name and Invoice number should be quoted.
Q: Can I pay online using a credit/debit card?
A: Due to the low margin on stamps and the high percentage taken by card companies for payment by this method we do not accept card payments.
By Airmail Par Avion Royal Mail
ABOUT THE STAMPS
Q: What are 2nd and 1st worth?
A: These stamps are known as NVI's (no value indicated) and are valid for whatever the basic postage rates are for 2nd class and 1st class respectively. They are not time dated and will always be valid for the current rate however long ago they were purchased and irrespective of the colour or design. For current values see the Order Form. This also applied to 2nd Large and 1st Large.
Q: Can I use NVI's (marked 2nd and 1st or 2nd Large and 1st Large) for any other purpose?
A: NVI's may be used as part payment on any item to any country provided the full cost of postage is paid. For current values see the Order Form.
Q: Do I need to use an Air Mail sticker to send a letter to Europe?
A: All mail to Europe is sent by Air Mail, but it is still best to place a sticker or write BY AIR MAIL - PAR AVION in the top left hand corner of the item.