For complete optimization of iPhone and iPad, it is necessary to delete, temporary files, redundant files, cookies, junk files and caches. To keep your devices in great shape and to avoid sluggish performance, memory hogs and slow working of devices they need to be optimized on a regular basis.
- Verne has fundamentally breathed new life into the tweak by optimizing it for jailbroken installations of iOS 11. Just like the original, CacheClearer (iOS 11) lets you manage an app’s storage footprint on your device by going to Settings → General → iPhone Storage.
- Clean Doctor is one of the best iPhone cleaner apps that help in better management of storage on your iPhone. It has many features like automated photo cleanup and video cleanup. However, the feature that makes the app stand out is the duplicates cleaner.
- ICareFone Cleaner by Tenorshare iPhone. This is Best Speed up app iphone 2021 and this app will keep your iPhone in the best performance. This is amazing iPhone storage cleaner app which will dramatically free up the limited space and will accelerate iOS running speed.
Clean Doctor is one of the best cleaner Apps for iPhone to accurately manage your saving storage, cleaning large size videos, including duplicate photos and duplicate contacts scanner, etc. On iPhone / iPads. It’s a complete package for the optimization of Apple devices. Cisdem iPhone Cleaner deserves a permanent spot on our list of best iPhone cleaner apps for fairly good reasons. If you are annoyed with the pop-up message saying “ You have insufficient space on your device” then Cisdem is a one-stop solution for you.
Manually optimizing your iPad and iPhone can be a time consuming and tedious task, therefore, you can use the best iPad and iPhone cleaner apps 2021 for optimizing you iOS devices from the AppStore. These best apps for iPhone and iPad will not only optimize your iPhone and iPad but also give you all the details about your devices.
In this article, we have listed 10 best iPad and iPhone cleaner apps 2021 which will help you to optimize the iPhone and iPad.
Find The Best iPad and iPhone Cleaner Apps 2021:
1. Cisdem iPhone Cleaner
Cisdem iPhone Cleaner app is one of the best iPhone cleaner app in the market. We all face a situation where we get a message that we do not have sufficient storage while performing some task. So, we need to delete some apps, pictures and some files to increase storage space. In this case, we use Cisdem iPhone Cleaner which will help you to fully optimize iPhone and iPad in a single click.
Features of Cisdem iPhone Cleaner:
- This app is very easy to use and has a very user-friendly user interface which makes it super simple.
- It is very secure and will not harm your data.
- Take an easy backup of your devices.
- Show extensive details of your device.
Note: This app is for Mac therefore after installing this app on your Mac you have to connect your device to your Mac.
Also Read:Best Scanner Apps for iPhone
2. iMyFone Umate For Mac
iMyFone Umate for Mac is one of the best iPad and iPad cleaner apps you can find on the market. It is a very effective app that will clear space on your iPhone and iPad in a single click. This program will help you to identify and delete cookies, redundant files, and caches which will improves the overall performance of your devices.
iMyFone Umate For Mac will also let you delete junk files, temporary files, and remove applications. This program will also help you to delete personal data, erase deleted data, and fully erase your data.
Features of iMyFone Umate:
- Deletion of junk files, temporary files, cookie and cache in a single click.
- It will securely delete data which makes it more difficult to recover data.
- Securely wipe out your contacts, messages, videos, photos and make them unrecoverable.
Note: This app is for Mac, so you need to connect your iOS device to your Mac.
AnyTrans is one of the best iOS cleaner apps which is loaded with many features. It will help you to Manage iOS Data & Files, Freely Transfer Music Across All Devices Manage iPhone Photos, Transfer & Back-Up WhatsApp Data, Migrate Between Devices, Switch from Android to iOS Smoothly, Make & Restore Backups and many more.
This application will help you to manage iOS devices very easily.
4. Clean Doctor – Clean Storage+
Clean Doctor – Clean Storage+ is all in one cleaner for iPhone and iPad. It is amongst the best cleaners for iPhone and iPad on the App Store which will allow you to optimize your iPhone and iPad easily.
Features of Clean Doctor – Clean Storage+:
- Scan and delete duplicate photos from your iPhone and iPad, and it works with almost all types of photos.
- It also removes duplicate and large size videos.
- This application also removes duplicate contact contents, which includes name, phone number, email, etc.
- It is easy to use and will provide device information, so you can manage it.
- The app also helps you to remove expired Calendar events.
CleanMyPhone is a simple and effective cleaner app for iPhone iPad and iPod. This app is available on Windows and Mac, so you have to connect your device to your computers. This app comes with loads of features like Device Manager, App Cleaner, Privacy Cleaner, System Cleaner, One-Click-Copy, and provides detailed information about your device.
Features of CleanMyPhone :
- Large files finder which will quickly find and delete large files.
- File manager to manage and organize files iOS devices.
- It also provides a One-Click-Copy function which will back up your information on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Gives detailed reports about the iPhone space and provides an idea about how much space can be cleaned.
6. Cleaner – Magic Clean Storage
Cleaner – Magic Clean Storage is all in one cleaner for your iPhone and iPad which will provide you the easiest way to clean your device from caches, junk files, and unwanted files. This cleaner app is compatible with the iPad and iPhone.
Features of Magic Clean Storage:
- Recognize similar photos and screenshots, easy to delete duplicate photos.
- Search and remove large videos, similar Live Photos, similar Burst Photos.
- Organize photos by places and remove all photos taken in one location
- Clean contacts with no number or other details.
- Take a backup of contacts and restore them.
7. Cleaner for Media Files
Cleaner for Media Files is one of the best iOS Cleaner Apps you can find on the App Store. It will clean your device from similar pictures easily. This app cleaner will also help you to identify and delete the largest photos and videos, so you can delete them and recover space easily.
Features of Cleaner for Media Files:
- Find and remove the largest duplicate pictures and videos.
- This app will also detect similar pictures.
- It is easy to use the application, which lets you mark important pictures as favorites, and can also hide a group of similar pictures.
8. Smart Cleaner – Clean Storage:
Smart Cleaner – Clean Storage is one of the best free iPhone cleaner app 2021 on the App Store. This application is easy to use and will clean your iPhone in no time. This iPhone cleaner app comes with loads of features.
Features of Smart Cleaner – Clean Storage:
- Remove all unwanted files at a single click.
- Remove screenshots.
- Delete similar Photos, live photos, burst photos.
- Delete large video files.
- Hide your personal photos, videos, and contacts in the Secret Space.
- Perform different operations on contacts.
9. Quick Heal Optimizer:
Quick Heal Optimizer is a powerful device to clean and optimize your iOS devices. This iOS cleaner app will let you remove junk files and unnecessary data from the devices. This application comes with loads of features like junk cleaner, privacy cleaner, memory cleaner, and file manager.
10. iFreeUp iPhone Cleaner by IObit
Manually optimizing your iPhone can be a time-consuming task, therefore, to make this task fast and easy we use iFreeUp best iPhone Cleaner app by IObit. This application can detect and delete junk files generated by iOS and other third-party applications, system logs, photo cache, app logs and crash logs. It can also defrag your iOS devices to accelerate data access speed.
Features of iFreeUp iPhone Cleaner by IObit:
- This application helps you to Clean cookies, caches and useless documents generated by applications to free up space.
- Clean documents to increase the speed of the iPhone or iPad.
Cleaning up your devices can be a time-consuming task and after a certain time of usage of devices, they become sluggish and do not respond correctly. Therefore, to cope with these situations you can use any one of these best iPad and iPhone cleaner apps 2021.
If you use any other application or have any other cleaner app in mind you can tell us by commenting below.
With high-resolution photos and console-quality games, your iPhone storage fills up in no time. Even with a 128 GB model things can get out of hands fast. And if you’re using a 32 or 64 GB iPhone, chances are you’ll see that pesky “Storage Almost Full” alert much sooner.
Luckily, there are lots of things you can do to clear storage on iPhone, both manual and app-powered, so let's take a look.
What you'll need:
- Your iPhone
- A photo cleaner app Gemini Photos
- Your Mac
- A macOS cleaner app CleanMyMac X
- Internet connection
Why is my iPhone storage so full?
Your iPhone may be full of things you don’t really need. Since they take up a lot of valuable space, it’s important to find out what they actually are. Here’s how to check and manage storage on your iPhone:
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- At the top, you’ll see a color-coded bar showing how much space you have left, how much is taken up, and what's taking it up. The biggest categories are usually Photos and Apps, but that depends on your usage.
- Below there is a list of your apps sorted by how much space they take. You can tap on each app to see how much of that space is the app itself, and how much of it is the app’s Documents and Data.
Depending on how you use your iPhone, you might have a huge and bloated Photos app, bursting with photos and videos. Or it might be games and social media apps that are hoarding the most storage. Below are five easy steps you can follow to free up storage on iPhone regardless of your iPhone use.
How to clear storage on iPhone
Chances are, there’s a lot of unneeded clutter on your iPhone. And that’s actually good news. It means you can free up a significant chunk of space without deleting the things you want to keep. Here’s how to free up storage on your iPhone, step by step:
- Clean up your photo library
- Clear browser cache
- Clear app cache and other app data
- Delete attachments in Messages
- Delete offline content
Step 1. Clean up your photo library
If you’ve checked iPhone storage like we suggested above, you already know who the main space hogger is (looking at you, Photos). Of course, wiping your whole photo library clean is not an option, but there’s probably stuff you can get rid of:
- duplicate photos, like those you downloaded twice
- similar shots (like the five selfies you took so you can pick a good one)
- photos of whiteboards, notes, checks, and things like that
- screenshots you don’t need anymore
- large videos you don’t like
You can go through your library and weed out these photos and videos manually, but a quicker and more convenient alternative is an iPhone app like Gemini Photos. Here’s how to free up some space with it:
- Download Gemini Photos and launch it. It will automatically start scanning your library.
- Go to Notes, Blurred, and Screenshots. This is where you’ll see screenshots, photos of text, and other useless stuff. All photos will be pre-selected, but you can deselect the ones you still need.
- Tap Delete All.
- Go to Similar. Sets of similar photos will be grouped and pre-selected, with the best photo in each set remaining.
- Review a set, select other photos if you want to, and tap Move to Trash to trash selected photos.
- When you’re done reviewing sets of similar photos, tap Empty Trash.
- Go through Duplicates, Videos, and Other to sort out the rest of your photo library.
- Finally, go to the Photos app, and scroll down to Recently Deleted.
- Tap Select, and then Delete All.
After a cleanup like this your library will shrink by a few gigabytes and become way easier to navigate.
Step 2. Clear browser cache
If you often use your iPhone to browse the web in Safari or Chrome, keep in mind that your phone may be storing caches and other data that you don’t need. And you'd be surprised how much space you can free up just by clearing your browser cache.
Here’s how to clear Safari cache:
- Go to Settings.
- Find Safari.
- Choose Clear History and Website Data.
If you use Chrome, follow these steps to clear its cache:
- Open Google Chrome on your iPhone.
- Tap Options > Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Clear Browsing Data.
- Choose which browsing data you want to clear (browsing history, cookies, cached images and files) and tap Clear Browsing Data.
Step 3. Clear app cache and other app data
Unlike browsers, most apps don’t give you access to their cache and other data they store, such as login data. And if you tap on each app at the top of that list in iPhone Storage, you’ll notice it has several gigabytes of so-called Documents and Data. Here’s how you clear that app data to get more iPhone storage:
- Before you start, make sure you remember your logins to various apps or have them saved somewhere.
- In Settings > General > iPhone Storage, tap on an app at the top of the list. This will often be a social media app like Facebook or Snapchat, a messenger, or a content app like YouTube or Spotify.
- Tap Delete App.
- Go to the App Store and reinstall the app.
Yup, unfortunately, this is the only way to clear cache and other app data for the majority of apps.
Step 4. Delete attachments in Messages
Texting isn’t just about text, right? You’re sending and receiving memes, GIFs, selfies, little videos of your cat falling off the couch in her sleep. All that content is stored on your iPhone even if you don’t save it to Photos, and if you text a lot it quickly adds up.
Here’s how to delete all your attachments in Messages to clear some iPhone memory:
- Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and tap on Messages.
- You’ll see a list: Top Conversations, Photos, GIFs and Stickers, and Other. Tap on the category that occupies the most space. Keep in mind that in Top Conversations, you’ll be deleting entire threads, not just the attachments. If you don’t want to do that, stick to Photos and other content.
- Tap Edit in the upper-right corner.
- Mark all attachments you want to delete.
- Tap the Trash icon.
That’s it! Space-hogging attachments are gone.
Step 5. Delete offline content
You probably consume a lot of content every day — music, videos, podcasts and what not. And if you save that content offline to be able to play it on the subway or during a long flight, you have quite a lot of leftovers piled up.
As a result, apps like YouTube, Netflix, and Spotify can take up several gigabytes of iPhone storage each. So why waste space on those Stranger Things episodes you downloaded back in 2017 and a long-forgotten playlist you never listen to anymore?
Best Iphone Memory Cleaner App
Let’s start with Netflix. Here’s how to delete Netflix movies and series you saved onto your iPhone:
- Open the Netflix app.
- Go to Downloads.
- Tap on the pencil icon in the top right corner.
- Tap on the red X to delete the video.
Next up, YouTube. To delete offline YouTube videos, follow these steps:
- Launch the YouTube app.
- Go to Library > Downloads.
- Tap on the three dots next to a downloaded video.
- Tap “Delete from downloads.”
- Repeat for each video.
Finally, to delete offline playlists or podcasts in Spotify, do the following:
- Open Spotify.
- Go to Your Library > Music > Playlists.
- The playlists you downloaded will be marked with a green arrow. Tap on a playlist like that.
- Tap on the green arrow icon below the name of the playlist.
- When a confirmation popup appears, tap Remove.
- Repeat for podcasts, if you have any saved offline.
You should also rummage around in Podcasts, Apple Music, and other entertainment apps you’re using. Once you’ve cleaned up all the offline content you don’t need anymore, you’ll see how much iPhone memory you’ve managed to recover.
How to prevent iPhone storage from getting full again
Just like your closet, iPhone storage will get full again, and you will have to go through the steps above every once in a while. But there are things you can do to manage your oh-so-limited storage more wisely and not have to do that major cleanup quite as often.
Store photos and videos elsewhere
Even after you’ve trimmed some fat off your library, chances are Photos still hogs a lot of iPhone space. What to do? Transfer your photos and videos to your computer or to the cloud
If you have a Mac, the easiest way is to connect your iPhone and sync all media files to the Mac. Then you can delete the originals from your phone.
Note that when you sync photos with your Phone, some of them stay cached on your Mac. This cache occupies space on your disk after the sync is done, so it’s better to clean it up. A utility like CleanMyMac X is an easy way to clear iOS photo cache (and it’s free to download). In just two clicks you’ll remove all the junk files from your Mac.
Alternatively, you can upload your iPhone photos to an online storage like iCloud. It’s pretty convenient, because iCloud Photos automatically syncs every photo and video you take to the cloud, so you can access your library from any device, as long as it has internet connection. You do have to pay for iCloud storage, though, because the free 5 GB won’t be enough for your whole photo library.
Here’s how to upload photos to iCloud:
- Sign in to your iCloud.com account. It’s the same as your Apple ID.
- Go to Settings on your device and select Photos.
- Turn on iCloud Photos.
Now your photos are automatically synced to iCloud, which means they'll be taking up space in iCloud, not on your iPhone.
Disable saving duplicate photos when shooting in HDR
On iPhones that don’t have Smart HDR, when you take photos in HDR, your iPhone saves two shots: the original picture and the processed one. You will save a lot of iPhone storage if you disable saving these duplicates. Just do the following:
- Go to Settings and select Camera.
- Disable Keep Normal Photo.
From now, only the HDR versions of your photos will be saved. That said, the previous HDR and non-HDR copies of your photos will remain, so do run your photo library through Gemini Photos to find those similar shots.
Stop storing messages forever
By default, your iPhone stores all the messages you send and receive … forever. This is convenient if you want to read your 2-years-old conversations, but not so convenient when you run out of storage because your brother sends you fifteen memes every single day.
To stop your phone from saving messages forever, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and tap Messages.
- Scroll down to Message History and tap Keep Messages.
- Change Forever to 30 days or 1 year.
- You’ll see a pop-up message asking if you want to delete older messages, tap Delete to proceed.
Bonus tip to help you clean iPhone storage
In iOS 11 and later, Apple brings storage management tools to your device. This means that you get unique storage saving suggestions based on your iPhone. They include things like Reviewing Large Attachments and Conversations, Offloading Unused Apps, Saving Messages to iCloud, and others. Therefore, if you’re running iOS 11 or later, go to iPhone Storage and check out the recommendations.
What Is The Best Iphone Cleaner
We hope you found our troubleshooting guide helpful in tackling that annoying “Storage Almost Full” message. Enjoy taking new photos and never have to worry about lack of iPhone storage again.