- Apple Music is arguably the highest-profile entry in Apple’s new services business, due to it being one of the most modern (it launched in 2015, after Apple bought and rebranded.
- (NASDAQ:AAPL) confirmed announce it’s buying Shazam, the popular music recognition app. The numbers being thrown around would make this the largest Apple acquisition since the company.
- Apple has added a Shazam button to the Control Center so you can quickly identify songs that you hear. And click the “plus” symbol next to Music Recognition, and then position it where you.
- I downloaded the Shazam app on my phone for a long awaited reunion. The nicest feature about Shazam, it automatically connects me to my Apple Music. Then I can add the music I so quickly get identified added to my music collection on ITunes. Download the Shazam app, and give the music collection, and knowledge base a huge lift.
Aug 29,2019 • Filed to: Record Audio • Proven solutions
Ever heard a good song but cannot determine who the artist is or even the song title, so you can also go look for it? This can be an irritating bore, especially considering the number of songs being released on a daily basis that you just keep up with. Well, good news is that there are a number of music recognition application for both iPhone and Android that you can count on. Here we discuss the top ten music recognition app to identify music.
DS Music Recognition is a free music identification app helps you to identify the song, artist, and album name. The app can identify what’s playing by listening to the sound. It will also manage the history of all recognized songs. DS Music Recognition app is optimized to consume less battery & data throughout the period of the synchronizing.
iMusic - All-in-One Music Transfer and Downloader for Both Windows and Mac
- Download music from over 10,000 music and video sites.
- Record music in original quality and automatically split the ads.
- Discover and download music from more than 300,000 songs.
- Transfer music between any two devices directly without iTunes.
- Fix music library intelligently with correct ID3 tags.
Part 1. Top 10 Music Recognititon Apps to Identify Music
'I use this app almost everyday and I love it.'
'This app is MAGICAL,This app is really accurate in song identification.'
- Best for classical music
- Easy to use user interface
- News notifications
Advantages : It’s fun and engaging user interface, supports classical music and most smartphone devices.
Disadvantages : It comes at a fee, does not enable downloading the song and the social network share is no longer available.
The app is available for Android. It is rated 3.5, hence middle ranking. You can download this app from this link; http://appcrawlr.com/android/shazam-encore
MusicID with Lyrics
- Ability to create memories by adding a note or location to your ID’s
- Download songs on iTunes
- View artists pages with rich photos, biographies, older releases and most popular
- Listen to song previews
Advantages : The ability to share on social networks, read about additional details about the song, watch YouTube music videos and concerts and ability to discover new music from similar songs recommendations.
Disadvantages : It sometimes fails to identify latest songs.
The rating of the app is 3.5 which suggest that it ranked at better than the average. It supports iOS. You can download this application from the URL: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/musicid-with-lyrics/id320029865?mt=8&uo=4&at=10l4CB
Great to discover new friends and new music
This is my favourite music discovery /sharing app
- Instant sharing on social networks
- Ability to dedicate songs to friends, flowers, fans using the song name-tagging feature
- Automatically get your own social music profile at http://soundtracking.com/yourname
Advantages of using this app is its fast song recognition and search, ability to listen to the radio and that it is free of charge.
Disadvantages : that it has a selection of music variety and Christian music may be hard to be identified.
The rating of the app is 4.5 which suggest that it ranked at the top compared to similar applications. It supports Android. You can download this application from the URL; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.schematiclabs.soundtracking
Musixmatch music & lyrics
After a long time an App that transforms your music experience.
It's like having a mobile karaoke machine in your pocket.
There are some lyrics missing in hindi and punjabi song.
Just the best music app on the market definitely recommending to friends n family.
- Ability to remove song’s vocals and sing along
- Cast music and lyrics to your TV with Chromecast
- Support to Android Wear (even scrobbling from Google Play Music and Spotify)
Advantages of using this app are that is free of charge, one can easily search for music using words, artist names or song titles and even has sound effects.
Disadvantages are that even though its free, it has in-app purchases for android users.
The rating of the app is 4.5 which suggest that it ranked at the top compared to similar applications. It supports Android. You can download this application from the URL; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.musixmatch.android.lyrify
FAV application ever.
This App works very well for the blind /visually impaired listener.
This is the best app I've found to explore new music.
It doesn't have a lot of songs and lyrics for fairly.
- Support for different languages
- Instant sharing on social networks
- Identifies the song when you speak to it
Advantages： Its support for iOS, Android and windows phones, it is free of charge, gives song lyrics, previews and full length videos.
The app is available for iOS, Android and windows phones. It is rated 3.3, hence average ranking. You can download the app from the URL; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.melodis.midomiMusicIdentifier.hound
Recognizes every song I've tried.
Great time saver.
Good useful app.
Unfortunately it can never start playing the video.
- Barcode support
- Time saving user interface
Advantages: it is free of charge. However, it is still at low maturity hence some features may have clinches.
The app is available for iOS, Android and windows phones. It is rated 2.2, hence below ranking. You can download this app from the URL; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.digimarc.corvallis
TuneWiki – Lyrics for Music
I love this program - especially like lyrics display.
Best media player ever never have problems with it.
I like it because it shows lyrics.
Well I have to login EVERY time it’s a hassle.
- Audio player
- Good sound quality
- Listen to any music with scrolling lyrics
Advantages:it is free of charge and supports lyric art. however, it is sometimes affected by bugs hence some features might not work properly.
The app is available for iOS, Android and windows phones. It is rated 3.3, hence average ranking. You can download this application from the URL; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tunewiki.lyricplayer.android
I've just started piano lessons and I really enjoy this.
And I love how this app teaches you to play new music.
It's downloading is fast and I can practice on it.
- Piano feature that can teach you how to play new songs
- Highly configurable piano (multitouch, glissando, highlighting, note labels)
The rating of the app is 4.2 which suggest that it ranked at the top compared to similar applications. It supports Android.
Advantages：the integrated piano feature that helps you learn piano. However, it has a limited list of songs available so it may not recognise latest songs.
Sound Search for Google Play
This is by far the Best song recognition app ever
Unmatched For Song Identification.
But what annoys me is the missing Google Music integration.
- Integrated with Google Play, so you can identify a song and purchase it
- Sync across devices
- Widget on your locked screen
Advantages：it’s easy to use user interface, free of charge and its integration with Google Play. However, you cannot share on social networks.
The rating of the app is 3.6 which suggest that it ranked at average compared to similar applications. It supports Android. You can download this app from the URL; https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.ears
Lyric Search for Pandora
'Best way to discover new music and listen to your favourites.'
'Fast and responsive too.'
'I rate this high because it's one of my most used apps.'
- Lyric feature
- Music apps
- Bookmark feature
Advantages:the ability to listen to music, to the radio and even share music. However, it comes at a fee of $2.99.
Apple Music Recognition Feature
The rating of the app is 4.6 which suggest that it ranked at the top compared to similar applications. It supports iPhone and iPad. You can download this app from the URL; https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lyric-search-for-pandora/id638666382?mt=8&uo=4&at=10l4CB
Part 2. How to Recognize Music Using MusicID with Lyrics
1. Download the app and install in on your phone .
2. Launch i.t
3. Press 'Identify Song', Hold your phone up to the music.
MusicID will then display the song infor with options to buy on iTunes or watch on Youtube.
iMusic - All-in-One Music Downloader and Management Tool
- Download music from more than 300 music sites by copying and pasting the URL.
- Record unlimited music from any website for playback in your computer with just one click.
- Built-in music library let you browse and preview the lattest and hottest music.
- Automatically save downloaded/recorded music to library for management and easy transfer.
- Identify and tag music with artist, title, album, genre, and more with the latest technology.
Download, Transfer and Manage Music for Your iOS/Android Devices
- Download/Record Music Directly
- Download Music & Videos from 10,000+ Sites
- Transfer Music Without Device Limitation
- Complete your Entire Music Library
- Fix id3 Tags, Covers
- Delete Duplicate Song & Remove Missing Tracks
- Manage Music without iTunes Restrictions
- Use iTunes with Android
- Burn Music to CD easily
- Backup with one click
- Share Your iTunes Playlist
- Convert to compatiable format automaticlly
- Replace m4p files to mp3 format
- The Perfect Music Downloader for iOS & Android
After rumors started swirling around a few days ago, Apple has confirmed to BuzzFeed News that it is indeed buying the music-recognition app Shazam. The acquisition price was not revealed, but is reportedly around $400 million. That’s a far cry from the Shazam valuation of $1 billion the company was claiming in its last round of fundraising (in 2015), but the world of streaming music services has evolved since then.
Apple spokesman Tom Neumayr made the following statement to BuzzFeed News:
“We are thrilled that Shazam and its talented team will be joining Apple. Since the launch of the App Store, Shazam has consistently ranked as one of the most popular apps for iOS. Today, it’s used by hundreds of millions of people around the world, across multiple platforms.”
”Apple Music and Shazam are a natural fit, sharing a passion for music discovery and delivering great music experiences to our users. We have exciting plans in store, and we look forward to combining with Shazam upon approval of today’s agreement.”
Just what could those plans be? It’s anyone’s guess, but in the short term, we expect Shazam to continue its availability across multiple platforms. As for Apple, Siri already integrates with Shazam—you can ask Siri what song is playing, and get a result powered by Shazam. There’s a Mac app, too.
A great first step for Apple would be deep integration into iOS. Consider the Pixel 2’s awesome Now Playing feature, which constantly listens to background music and shows the current song on the lock screen. It does this all on-device, using a database of song profiles for nearly 20,000 of the most popular songs. It’s a delightful feature that Apple could replicate with Shazam’s engine.
Shazam likely has some useful foundational technology around abilities like pattern matching and ignoring noise that could be useful to integrate into Siri and other products.
And let’s not forget that HomePod is on its way. What if HomePod could listen to your TV or other ambient audio and automatically produce a list of all the songs you heard when watching your shows each day? As with the Pixel 2’s Now Playing feature, it could do this with an offline database to protect your privacy.
The impact on you at home: Shazam and Apple already enjoy a great relationship, and this will allow Apple to fully integrate Shazam’s technology in as many products as it wants. It’s a big win for Apple’s ambitions around music, but it will be just as interesting to watch what Apple does with Shazam support for other platforms. Will the Shazam app eventually drop Android support?