- Android Clear Space Internal Storage Devices
- Android Clear Space Internal Storage Device Manager
- How To Clear Space On Android Phone
- Access Internal Storage Android
- The properly developed ones will give the the option to move data files from the internal storage to the phone storage. This can be done from the app details page: What I usually do is go to Settings-Storage. In the 'Internal Storage' section, wait until it calculated the sizes, then click on the apps (app data & media content) bar.
- I noticed I had 623MB free in my internal storage so I connected my Android to my Laptop and navigated to the Thumbnails folder which had lot of files and was big in size. I selected all files and deleted them, it was about 300MB. Now when I read the available internal memory space, it reads 623MB.
Depending on your phone and version of Android, you can also move apps to the SD card to free up space. Users with Android Marshmallow and above can do this by formatting the SD card as internal storage. Then, the SD card will be seen as local storage on that device. Delete Cache Files: Open your Android phone and go to 'Settings' 'Internal Storage' (Maybe the name varies depending on your phone model), scroll down to click on the 'Cache data' and a prompt to clear the cached data appears, just click 'OK'. If you want to clear app cache, you can go to 'Settings' 'Apps' choose the apps click 'Storage. The adaptable storage feature came out with Android Marshmallow and it’s usually meant for Android devices with low internal space. Now, we are in 2019 and internal storage isn’t a problem.For many Android users, one of the worst problems they face is the low storage issue. If you're facing this issue: 'Error: not enough memory on your mobile device', you're not alone. In this article, we'll discuss how to clean phone memory to free up space on Android.
Must-See: How To Block an App from Accessing the Internet (No Root)
- Android phone (KitKat or above).
- Ccleaner app.
- Some free space to install the Ccleaner app.
Key Features of Ccleaner App
- It cleans the junk and speeds up your phone.
- Clears cache, browser history, clipboard, and more.
- It can uninstall multiple apps in one click.
- It deletes residual and obsolete apps and files.
- It could hibernate apps to improve the phone's performance.
- Download the Ccleaner app from the Play Store.
- Launch the app and tap on the Get Started button.
- Continue as Free or Upgrade to the Pro version.
- Allow Ccleaner to access your phone's library.
- Tap on Grant Permission.
- On the Apps with usage access screen, select Ccleaner.
- On the usage access screen, Toggle on the Permit usage access.
- On the main screen, tap on the Analyze button.
Note: It can take a minimum of 1 minute to analyze your phone's storage. After this process gets completed, you will see the results. You can clear cache, app data, and downloads.
- Tap on Finish Cleaning.
- Tap on Enable.
- On the accessibility screen, under Downloaded services > Select Ccleaner.
- Now Turn ON to allow Ccleaner to deep clean hidden cache files.
- Tap on the Back button.
Android Clear Space Internal Storage Devices
- Again tap on Finish Cleaning.
- Tap on Proceed.
- Then Allow display over other apps to change the way other apps behave.
- Go back to Ccleaner app.
- Finally, tap once again on Finish Cleaning.
- You'll notice that it is cleaning the hidden cache.
Uninstall Multiple Apps at One Place Using Ccleaner
- Open Cleaner app.
- Go to the menu by tapping 3 horizontal lines on the top left side.
- Go to App Manager.
- Check the apps you want to uninstall.
- Tap on 3 horizontal dots at the bottom right side.
- Tap on Remove from device.
- Tap on Delete Selected apps from your phone.
- On the next screen, tap on Uninstall on each prompt to delete individual apps.
Must-See: How To Enable USB Debugging Mode on Android
Ccleaner has a widget feature that allows you to clean junk without opening the app. Whenever you see that the internal storage on your android device is full, use this one-click widget feature.
Imagine not being able to download a new song shared by your friend or an email attachment. Why? You get a notification saying that the Internal storage space is running out. Woah!!!
That’s not the end of the story. If you try to close the notification by swiping on it, it won’t go away. Faced a situation like this? You are not alone. Android devices with internal storage of 16GB or less than that usually face this problem. So what do you do?
Well, the easiest solution is to hide the notification but that’s not a proper solution. You have to get to the root of the problem. And the problem basically is that your device is running out of internal space, which is evident from the notification. All Android devices require at least 500MB-1GB free internal space to function properly.
So to fix it, you need to free up some internal storage. Once you do that, the notification will vanish automatically. Here are some of the ways to do it.
Also on Guiding Tech
7 Tips to Survive on Android with Low Internal StorageRead More
Android Clear Space Internal Storage Device Manager
Clear Device Cache
Step 1: Open device Settings on your phone and navigate to Storage.
Step 2: Under Storage, look for Cached data. Tap on it. You will get a confirmation pop up. Tap on Ok.Note: Clearing cache will only delete temporary files on your device. It will not remove any data.
From Android 8.0 Oreo onwards, Google removed the option to clear device cache. However, you can still do it. All you need to do is clear the cache individually for every app. Painful but the only safe option for now.
To do so, under Settings, go to Apps and notifications. Then tap on each app and hit Storage. Under Storage, tap on Clear Cache. You can follow our guide to clear cache in Android 8.0 Oreo phones.
Most smartphones other than those running stock Android come preinstalled with many additional apps which are commonly called bloatware. For instance, I recently purchased a device from Amazon. Guess what? The device has an Amazon app preinstalled on it.
Apps like these occupy storage space. Even though we cannot uninstall them, we can always disable them. Here’s how.
Step 1: Go to device Settings and tap on Apps and notifications > App Manager > Installed Apps.
Step 2: Tap on the app name that you want to disable. On the next screen, you will get the option to disable it. Tap on it.
Sometimes, you will find the Uninstall updates button instead of Disable. So first uninstall the updates and then disable the app.
Delete Unwanted Data
If you use WhatsApp a lot, I’m pretty sure your phone must have collected a massive dump of videos, photos, and other files. Maybe you forgot to disable auto-download option for the WhatsApp groups. Similarly, your device will have unused data from other apps too. So, it's better to delete such files regularly.
To do that, you will need a File Explorer app. Once you have it, launch the app and navigate to the folder that has the maximum amount of data. Usually, you will find it in the subfolders like Media, Audio, Video, etc.Pro Tip:
How To Clear Space On Android PhoneCheck the Downloads folder too. You will find a heap of unused files there.
Use an App to Find Biggest Folders
While it’s easy to identify WhatsApp and media apps for taking up space, but difficult to figure out which other apps or folders also hog a lot of space.
To find such folders, you need to download an app that shows your storage usage. One such cool app is DiskUsage, which takes just 180KB. The app shows folders that occupy maximum space. Once you know the biggest folders, you can easily delete data from them to reclaim the internal storage.Download DiskUsage
Also on Guiding Tech
How to Separate Ringtone and Notification Volume on AndroidRead More
Switch to Lite Version of Apps
If you have a device with 16GB of internal storage or less than that, you should try switching to Lite or Go versions of the apps. Most of the popular apps now have the lite versions which occupy very less space.
You can try Facebook Lite, Messenger Lite, Maps Go, etc. Just search for the name of an app followed by either Lite or Go in the Google Play Store. Of course, these apps will have some features stripped off.
If you are fine with your device having low space and don’t want to remove anything except the notification itself, you can do that too by hiding the notification.
Access Internal Storage Android
To disable the notification, long press (hold) on it. Then tap on App Info. On the next screen, you will get the option Show notifications. Uncheck it.
Get rid of the junk!
These were some of the best ways to manage the internal storage and get rid of the storage space running out error. Do let us know if you were able to fix the problem.
The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. However, it does not affect our editorial integrity. The content remains unbiased and authentic.
3 Best Fixes for Android MicroSD Card Not Showing up on PC
Is your PC failing to detect the SD card on your