|Owner||Polaris Industries (44%)|
Aixam has a network of 200 p oints of sale and after sales service near you. If you need information, have your car serviced, benefit from one of our service (location, assistance, finance ) Wherever you are, you can count on our aixam specialits! Buy your Aixam Crossover used safely with Reezocar and find the best price thanks to our millions of ads. Vehicles inspected, guaranteed and delivered in Paris or in front of you. Car available without delay.
- A new on driving experience with the first AIXAM SUV. New combined active TFT matrix 3.5' screen Safety messages and real time driving assistance Pack SUV (ground clearance and enhanced driving position of 50mm).
- Aixam Crossline Aixam-Mega is a French automobile manufacturer based in Aix-les-Bains, Savoie. It was founded in 1983 to make microcars following the acquisition of Arola. In 1992 they started making a range of standard sized cars under the Mega brand, but by 2002 this brand was just being applied to a diesel and electric range of microvans.
- Aixam CROSSLINE Pdf User Manuals. View online or download Aixam CROSSLINE User Manual.
Aixam-Mega is a French automobile manufacturer based in Aix-les-Bains, Savoie. It was founded in 1983 to make microcars following the acquisition of Arola. On 11 April 2013, US based Polaris Industries announced that it had acquired Aixam-Mega from previous owners Axa Private Equity.
The company can trace its history back to the establishment of Arola in 1975, which was acquired by Aixam in 1983 out of administration. In 1984 Aixam launched the new 325D, followed by the 400D in 1985.
In 1992 they started making a range of standard sized cars under the Mega brand, but by 2002 this brand was just being applied to a diesel and electric range of microvans and light utility vehicles.
The company currently produces the Aixam A.7XX series (powered by Kubotadiesel engines), a microcar comparable with the Smart. A notable difference is that some of the smaller models are restricted to 45 kilometres per hour (28 mph) and can be driven without a driving licence in some European countries (including Belgium, Estonia, France, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain, and Slovenia).
In Britain they are classified as a category L7e quadricycle (quad bike) because of their weight and power output. This requires a category B1 licence to legally drive them. In January 2013, the law changed such that special restricted low power versions of the car (Aixam 400) can now be driven by full AM licence holders in the UK.
In 2006 Mega launched the electric Mega City at the British International Motor Show and in 2009 acquired the assets of NICE Car Company, which went into administration in 2008.
The Aixam 400, 500 and 500.5 are very basic vehicles mechanically by today's standards. There were a variety of engines offered over the years. The diesel is fitted with a Kubota Z402 two-cylinder 400 cc industrial engine rated at 4 to 6 kW (5 to 8 PS). The petrol versions used a Lombardini 505 cc twin-cylinder of approx 20 PS (15 kW), later petrol cars were fitted with fuel-injection.
Steering is by rack and pinion and has a comparatively low ratio. MacPherson strut suspension is used at the front and semi-trailing arms at the rear. Brakes are by disc and single-piston calipers at the front, with drums at the rear also serving for handbrake function, via cables.
Transmission is by a continuously-variable transmission (CVT) made and supplied by CVTech-IBC. The reversing gearbox and combined differential unit of 8:1 forward ratio, is supplied by the Italian company COMEX, which also supplies many of the other running-gear, steering, suspension and braking system components. The gearbox is designed for small town runabout or delivery van of less than 8 PS (6 kW) and limited to 30 mph (48 km/h).
- Aixam Crossline/A-series (berlina quadricycle): crossline (diesel or gasoline, top speed 45 or 93 km/h), A-721 (diesel, 45 km/h), A-741 (diesel, 95 km/h), A-751 (diesel, 78 km/h).
- Aixam Scouty/Scouty-R (convertible) diesel or gasoline, top speed 45 or 93 km/h (58 mph).
- Aixam Crossline (SUV-style) (diesel or gasoline), top speed 45 or 93 km/h (58 mph).
- Aixam City Gasol, top speed 45 km/h (28 mph) limited 97 km/h (60 mph) unlocked
- Aixam Mega e-City (electric), top speed 64 km/h (40 mph) - in collaboration with NICE, 14,745 €.
- Mega Moskito Micro Pick-up
- Mega MultiTruck (diesel or electric)
Aixam Crossover 2015
- Aixam MAC
- Aixam Berlines
- Aixam Minivan
- Aixam Pick-up
- Aixam Microcar
- Mega Club/Ranch - Citroën AX-based beach cars and offroad vehicles
- Mega Concept
- Mega Track (sports car) - 1992
- Aixam 300, 400, 500
Mega Track (1993)
Mega Club cabriolet
Mega Ranch cabriolet
Aixam Crossover Top Speed
- ^'History'. Aixam. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- ^'Voiture sans permis Aixam Impulsion'. Aixam.com. 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- ^'The little car you can drive in France without a licence'. BBC. 4 January 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- ^'Quad Bikes - Direct.gov - Motoring'. UK Government. Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- ^'Vehicles you can ride or drive and minimum ages'. UK Government (direct.gov). Retrieved 22 February 2012.
- ^Driving licence categories: Mopeds: Category AM 'You can drive 2-wheeled or 3-wheeled vehicles... This category also includes light quad bikes with...' at gov.uk, accessed 12 April 2018
- ^'NICE Electric Car Company resumes trading as London sales arm of AIXAM-MEGA'. Car News Portal. 16 March 2009. Archived from the original on 1 May 2015. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- ^'No Internal Combustion Engine'. NICE Car Company. Archived from the original on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2011-11-05.
- ^Aixam Mega e-City in Electromaps (redirects to similar page on electrocoches.eu), accessed 12 April 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Aixam vehicles.|
- Mega official website
- Goupil electric vehicles a sister company
WARNING! By selecting a vehicle, the interactive application will show you the Pirelli tyre most suited to your vehicle according to its technical features and homologation and a list of sizes that can replace those originally fitted. Legal information
Every car has specific dimensions and mechanical characteristics, making it fundamental to choose the right tyre. That is the only way to ensure enhanced driving performance and minimize risks.
The Pirelli catalogue contains a vast selection of summer tyres, winter tyres and all season tyres for various types of cars, such as city cars, saloons, sports cars, SUVs, and vans.
With the tyres search by car brand tyre selector, you can easily identify the specific solution that best meets your requirements in just a few clicks: simply select brand, model, year and version of your car you can see the ideal types of Pirelli tyre for your specific car, based on the technical features and homologation criteria. Then you will be shown a list of tyre sizes that can replace the tyres originally fitted on the selected vehicle model. The product data sheets for the tyres suggested for your vehicle make and model allow you to analyze the specific technical features in detail and compare the different solutions within the wide range of Pirelli tyres.
Once you have identified what tyres fit your car, we recommend contacting nearest tyre shops and repair services Pirelli to find out more about the technical side of the tyres and check whether there are any technical or regulatory issues that may prevent you from using them. Then you can complete your purchase with total peace of mind.