Get the best deals for 6t40 transmission at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! The #6T40 Transmission is found on various GM #Chevrolet & Buick vehicles manufactured from 2009 through today. Over time, GM has issued three (3) different. 1 transmission is available at www.sonnax.com. Vacuum Test Location. 39 of 51 AFL (Solenoid Regulator Valve) Wear 6T40/45/50 GEN 1 8mm socket or a ¼' pipe plug socket (8-sided) Note: The guide sleeve fits very snug in the VB bore. Solution: Part # 144740-01. Install transmission oil pan gasket and main control cover onto case. Inspect the 20-pin TEHCM connector seal and make sure that the 6T40 seal is on the inside of the main control cover to prevent fluid leaks. Install bolts (Figure 12). Torque to 106 in-lb. Fluid Fill NOTE: Use Dexron VI transmission fluid only.
The 6T40 transmission was manufactured by General Motors in 2009. The 6T40 Hydra-Matic transmission was built for midsize and compact cars for Buick, Chevrolet, Pontiac and Saturn.
The 6T40 transmission is compact in size while increasing fuel economy by five percent. This six speed transmission is packed with features not only for increased fuel economy but also quick acceleration. With the wide variety of gear ratios increase the fuel economy. The 6T40 transmission has the ability to handle different levels of engine torque with its wide ratio spread. This transmissions steep first gear and tall overdrive gear for low rpm highway cruising. Engine noise is reduced and acceleration is maximized.
Hyper-Elliptical Torque Converter
This transmission uses an oval cross-section shape, called “hyper-elliptical”. The shape reduces the thickness which reduces the space used.
IX Gear Pump
IX Gear type fluid pump provides lubrication and shift levels. The pump is IX gear (Drive/Driven) with a machined crescent, which reduces hydraulic efficiency and internal leakage.
Ground and Honed Gears
These minimize gear noise and vibration, the gears are ground and honed and they ensure exact tolerances and dimensions.
6t40 Transmission For Sale
Vehicle Make Compatibility
- Captiva Sport
- Valve Body
- Seal & Gasket
- Shift Improver Kit
- Clutch Disks
- Performance Grade remanufactured QS9000 Certified
|Body and chassis|
|Class||6-speed transverseautomatic transmission|
General Motors and Ford Motor Company cooperated in 2002 to create a new automatictransaxle, designed for transverse engine applications in cars. The companies jointly committed to investing US$720 million in their manufacturing plants to support the new transmission.
Each company will name and manufacture the transmission separately:
- Ford builds the 6F50 and 6F55 along with the 6F35 (related to the GM 6T40 transmission) at their Van Dyke Transmission Plant in Sterling Heights, Michigan, and in the future at Sharonville Transmission in Sharonville, Ohio.
- GM builds the 6T70, 6T75 and 6T80 at Warren Transmission in Warren, Michigan with production starting in July 2006.
Ford claims the 6F50 is designed to handle 300 hp (224 kW) and 280 ft·lbf (380 N·m), while General Motors rates their 6T70 to 315 hp (235 kW) and 280 lb⋅ft (380 N⋅m), the 6T75 to 315 hp (235 kW) and 300 lb⋅ft (407 N⋅m), and the 6T80 to 410 hp (306 kW) and 369 lb⋅ft (500 N⋅m). GM lists the wet (with fluids) weight of the 6T70/75/80 to be between 102 kg (225 lb) and 104.7 kg (231 lb).
Ford appears not to have made a public statement regarding the 6F55's maximum capabilities, but uses it in AWD in the Taurus SHO with an engine rated at 272 kW (370 PS; 365 hp) and 475 N·m (350 lb·ft) of torque (Final drive 2.77:1 standard or 3.16:1 with SHO Performance Pckage), as well as the tenth generation Lincoln Continental with an engine rated at 400 hp (298 kW; 406 PS) and 400 lb⋅ft (542 N⋅m).
The first application of the technology is in the 2007 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKXcrossover SUVs, as well as the Saturn Aura sedan and the Saturn Outlook crossover. It was also used for the Pontiac G6 GTP models and the GMC Acadia models for 2007. Prior to 2009, this transmission had issues caused by a very weak 3,5,R wave plate, which made this transmission prone to failure in GM products. Updated wave plates were released for many clutches in 6T70. The old design wave plates weren’t stress relieved and could break with use. The updated wave plates are available under the followingpart numbers:
|4.484||2.872||1.842||1.414||1.000||0.742||2.88||2.77, 3.16, 3.39|
6t40 Transmission Rebuild On Youtube
- 2007-2010 Saturn AuraXR (LY7 V6 Option)
- 2007 Pontiac G6GTP
- 2007-2009 Saturn Outlook
- 2007-2017 GMC Acadia
- 2008-2009 Saturn AuraXR
- 2008-2009 Pontiac G6GXP
- 2008-2017 Buick Enclave
- 2008-2009 Chevrolet Equinox(Sport)
- 2008-2012 Chevrolet Malibu(LY7 V6 Option)
- 2008-2009 Pontiac TorrentGXP
- 2009-2017 Chevrolet Traverse
- 2010-2017 Chevrolet Equinox(LF1, LFW, LFX V6 Option)
- 2010-2016 Cadillac SRX
- 2010 Buick LaCrosse(LF1, LLT V6 Option)
- 2012-2020 Chevrolet Impala
- 2013 Cadillac XTS
- 2010-2017 GMC Terrain(LF1, LFW, LFX V6 Option)
- 2007 Ford Edge
- 2007 Lincoln MKX
- 2008 Ford Taurus
- 2008 Ford Taurus X
- 2008 Mercury Sable
- 2009 Ford Flex
- 2009 Lincoln MKS
- 2009 Ford Escape
- 2009 Mercury Mariner
- 2009 Mazda Tribute
- 2010 Ford Fusion
- 2013 Lincoln MKZ
- 2010 Mercury Milan
- 2010 Ford Taurus
- 2011 Ford Escape
- 2011 Ford Explorer
- 2012 Ford Mondeo
- 2016 Ford Focus with 1.5 EcoBoost
- 2017 Lincoln Continental
- 'New fuel-saving 6-speed transaxle to propel Ford Edge to head of crossover utility class'. Ford Motor Company press release. Archived from the original on October 5, 2012. Retrieved November 9, 2005.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- 'New Hydra-Matic 6T70 Six-Speed Automatic Delivers Performance and Fuel Economy'. TheAutoChannel. Retrieved January 20, 2006.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- 'Technologically Advanced Transmissions Enter GM Fleet'. AutoTrends. Archived from the original on June 25, 2008. Retrieved June 3, 2008.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
6t40 Transmission Solenoid Replacement
- ^'GM Powertrain Plans'. AutoWeek. Retrieved August 23, 2006.CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)